“What an Experience!!”

Aqua Safari Dive Shop
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was my first reef dive in Cozumel and after a bit of research on the web I selected Aqua Safari for the dive shop to use. I certainly made the right choice! The dive shop was located 1 block from my hotel and the folks in the shop were fantastic at getting my rental BC and regulators set up and checking me in for the dive. The pier is right across the street and soon I was on the Ocean Three heading out to the Santa Rosa Wall. The dive master was very good and attentive to me as I am a novice and that made me all the more comfortable. I was fortunate to have fantastic, experienced dive buddies on the boat and the whole experience was perfect. Victoria, the photographer that accompanied us was very good and provided outstanding pictures for us (for a price of course). I will dive with them again on my next trip and certainly recommend them to anyone. The service and experience I received from Aqua Safari Dive Shop will give me the memories of a life time!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"open water certification"
"discover scuba"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I dive with Aqua Safari regularly and thought it was time to post a review of this excellent dive operation.
In general they are very safety conscious, friendly and super helpful. Their dive boats have sufficient sun protection, a bin for cameras only and are equipped with bathrooms.
In particular I wanted to mention the staff at the downtown shop...Roman and Natalie - both very well organized, friendly, bilingual and so helpful.
I'm unable to reach the pole to hang my wet gear after rinsing. One or both of them are always there to hang it for me without my having to ask. On the mornings I dive, my gear is always on a shelf so I don't have to reach.
Recently my reg needed a repair. Roman hopped on his scooter to take it to a reliable repair shop for me and picked it up later that same day to ensure I had it for the next day's dive...wow...totally beyond the call of duty. This is just one example of the superior service at Aqua Safari.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We have used this dive company for two years. Every time we come to Cozumel, we call them. The boats are clean and in good working order. The gear is very good and the air is excellent. We feel very well taken care of with this group. The Dive Master is very clear on the Dive Plan and they really stick to the plan. They send both the Dive Master and the sweep in first to check currents and direction. Then they really keep good tabs on where everyone is so if some has a problem, they are right there. We dove two days with this company and had four different Dive Masters. All were very good and I would recommend these guys highly. I am very particular with who I dive with around the world and these guys are top notch.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is my 3rd year diving with Aqua Safari during our stay at Cozumel Palace. Reserving dives ahead of arrival is not a problem and staff engage well in English. Checking in for diving is relaxed (but you have to sign a lot of paperwork). As compared to other years, weights are now given out on the boat. The departure on the boats is well-organized. This year, as I was diving by myself, I used a private divemaster and I couldn't have chosen better than Elpidio - he took care of me the whole way from advise about weight to guiding me by the hand in the water, especially in the strong current. They were also courteous and responsive when I forgot an item on the boat and were able to get it returned to me. I did a shore dive and the staff were helpful to us in getting organized and getting in the water. I would definitely use them again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Some of the reviews were less than positive, so I wanted to add our experience. We used the location at Cozumel Palace, where we were staying, and it is so nice not to haul gear to some other dock; just walk out out room and to the boat. The boats are slower than the smaller boats used by most companies, but this makes for a smoother ride and more room on the boat, which is nice. The dive crews were very professional and helped with your gear, reviewed the dive plan and followed safety rules. No complaints. In the water, the dive masters did a good job of finding and pointing out interesting marine life, kept track of the group and enforced safety rules. I would give the following suggestions, however: on several dives with the same people, I quickly noticed which ones were consistently kicking coral, kicking up sand and crowding other divers. I wish the crew had done more to educate these divers on reef protection and common courtesy. Also, the dive masters could give more information about the reef in advance of the dive. But overall, a good dive experience.