“BEWARE - NO RETURNS POLICY”

Diamonds International
Ranked #2 of 45 Shopping in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Diamonds International is the largest duty free jeweler in the world. Renowned for top- caliber customer service, extensive selection of quality merchandise and value pricing, Diamonds International has pioneered the art of duty free shopping in the Caribbean with locations at every major cruise port. We've helped make cruises and Caribbean vacations into something far more special and romantic for couples since 1986.
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I recently went to Cozumel on my honeymoon and purchased a pair of earrings at Diamond International. After come confusion at the counter, I THOUGHT I was purchasing a carat of tanzanite earrings with .60 carats of diamonds surrounding center stone. When I returned back to the U.S., I realized after reviewing my sales ticket that I had in fact, been sold a smaller set of earrings than what I thought I was getting. When I contacted the U.S. office, they offered to only allow me to return the item for a website credit only. Where is it in the U.S. that you can't just return an item because you aren't happy with its quality, size, etc? They have never been out of the box. Everyone, including sales person, always asked first "what cruise line were you with", guess the cruise customers get some sorty of "special treatment" rather than the ones who stayed in their resort for 7 straight days. I will NEVER purchase anything from a company with a no returns policy. I had NO IDEA this was their policy...it is in fact, displayed on the BACK of the receipt in the fine, small print. Read the front and back, they hide the secret you are stuck with it policy on the back of your yellow printed copy receipt.

10  Thank Paul C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Spent some cash on a cozumel vac a few years ago to have this poor quality blue (tanzajunk) stone crack on me. Very hi pressure sales and want to booze you up to get an edge of your wits. If I were to do again I would walk right by after reading these posts. I can't thank the RCL crse line either for promoting this place only to watch it in the horizon take my money and ruin my vacation with a serious case of buyers remorse, NEVER again. !

8  Thank Drej_Stu
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I never really buy outside from the USA, and this time I decide to take a chance, and epecially after hearing all the great deals about diamonds international. I bought 2 diamond rings in Cozumel Mexico, and spent over 12K. I was promised that they would appraise for 15k, and upon my return to the USA, I had received my appraisal for 15,300, and the promise that I was given as about 98 percent accurate. I would for sure recommend diamonds international to all my friends.

3  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I just got off of a cruise that stopped in Cozumel. I was ripped off by these people at Diamonds International. They told me that what I was buying was in fact a i colored stone within a nice setting. Guess what? The stone fell out and when I went to have my jeweler put it back in he laughed at the job and told me the stone was not the color told to me and it had been almost half a carat less. These people are liars and thieves. I imagine that they work on commission and will say anything to get you to buy.

8  Thank Joanna k
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We have been customers of Diamonds International for many years as a result of us "cruising" the Caribbean. Two individuals make being a customer of Diamonds International most enjoyable and appreciated. Alex in Cozumel - we make sure to "drop by" and purchase from Alex everytime we're there. Even though Alex sees us once or twice a year, he remembers who we are, and what we have purchased from him! And, Beatriz in Customer Service - as a former customer service director I can say she is one of the best! Her support after the sale is always enjoyable, prompt, and done right the first time! Looking forward to seeing each of you during our next trip!

Gary & Susan