3,565 results
All reviews adult pool iguana grill snack bar la isla family pool fish sea weed ocean view make reservations chicken wings clear water small resort activities pool great beach buffet restaurant activities staff all inclusive resort
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stayed at the Melia for the 9th time this year and really enjoyed our time there. We were given room #402 in the tower and asked to move to the ocean front B building. Gabriel was very helpful in getting us moved and wish to thank him and Manuel for everything they did! We do prefer the B building because of the proximity to the beach (not pool people).
Yes the hotel is aging but the staff does a good job on updating and cleanliness. The beach is very long and great for walks. Snorkeling is hit or miss but always able to see some fish and lots of conch shells on the ocean floor.
We need to thank Alberto and Adrian the restaurant staff. Also Christina at the omelet station who made our eggs everyday. Need to thank our bartenders Enrique, William, Felipe and Luis. Great customer service.
The entertainment staff are very outgoing and fun. Our cleaning lady did a super job everyday.
We are looking forward to our 10th visit next year!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rgenske
Melia C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Cozumel Golf - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Rgenske

We want to thank you of the time you spent writing about us. We hope to see you very soon at the mexican caribbean to enjoy more of Isla Cozumel.And the hotel.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We went over March break, normally a busy time at most resorts, except it didn't feel busy here. No huge line ups, always a lounger to be found and it never felt crowded. I went here with no big expectations and was pleasantly surprised. We had an oceanfront room close to the beach which was awesome! Loved hearing the sound of the waves from our balcony.

The majority of staff was great, a few of the waiters didn't seem too happy, they looked extremely busy, probably could have used some more breaks as they work 6 days a week. Hilario on the beach was fantastic, always asking if we needed anything.

My husband rented a bike for 4 days and cycled the island every morning. He said he felt very safe. I would have to say the same thing, I left the resort to go for a walk or run and had no issues. There were lots of other people out riding bikes, walking dogs and running.
We also snorkelled. The resort next door has a breakwall so we walked over to it and went in there. Lots of fish! The beach is nicer at the Melia however.

There were only 2 things that bothered us. The first was the wifi in the lobby, if there were a few people using it it slowed right down or didn't work at all. The second was that the food in the buffet was sometimes cold.

The overall feeling at this hotel is pretty relaxed. It's not too big, everything it pretty close. You don't need fancy clothes, but will need something nicer for the a la carte restaurants. Be sure to go to the Argentinian restaurant, it was excellent!

Room tip: Room 318 is in the 3 storey block right at the ocean, Awesome!!!!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tina11

Dear Tina

First of all we want to thank you for your time. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guest experience play a key role in this continuous process towards service excellence. We are very concerned that our services that did not fulfill your entire expectations.

We truly hope to see you very soon to enjoy and relax in the mexican caribbean. We will send your comments to the different areas to improve the quality we expect to have.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful resort. Second time here. Every single person at this resort is hard working and pleasant. Everyone. Quality people all of them. My mother was with me. She rides a mini scooter as she can barely walk. Resort is handicapped capable. Ramps everywhere. Room was handicapped capable. She had a great time. As I said, folks were great. People with whom I dealt with mostly were Benjamin (perfect English and all around helpful and nice), Hassel( great English and genuinely good fella) , Cesar( local fella who bent over backwards for us on a consistent basis. Just as nice as the others).

Room was great. Comfy beds. A/C cool
Enough. TV Spanish and English stations. All outlets and lights worked.

Golf was included. $35 cart fee and free club rentals if before 8am or after 1 pm. Saw three crocs on the course. Two wild pigs and four tarantulas. Course is tight but fun.

Good snorkeling with a lot of fish right down the beach.

Food was good and I have no complaints.

Beer on tap is Dos Equis. Tequila is 100 Anos Anejo and Quervo Repesado. Another Blanco that I don’t remember. Only fresh fruit for drinks is bananas. So if you want strawberry daiquiri it will not be fresh strawberries. Melia in Punta Cana had more variety of booze and fresh fruit such as grapefruit and passion fruit etc for mojitos or martinis. I love mango and passion fruit mojitos and grapefruit martinis. Whatever. Had plenty of regular mojitos that were quite good. Draft beer could be colder. I like my beer cold.

When I booked this resort, I had not heard of any safety concerns about Mexico. Because I wasn’t paying attention. After booking, safety concerns were brought to my attention. I nor any of my family felt unsafe at any time. I spoke with several locals in town and a taxi driver. They all said that the problems were on the mainland and not on the island.

I recommend this resort and will go back again

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Charles C

Dear Charles,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write about us. We are very glad you had a great time with us. We are sure we will see you agian very soon. Thanks again for your preference.

Melia Cozumel Golf - _All Inclusive

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Our family and friends enjoyed the pool, activities for all ages thanks to Suzie, Mary, Carlos, oteneil, Augusto and other amazing staff poolside. Hilario was the BEST pool side bartender and drink server with always a kind smile and willingness to bring 2 drinks if he knew it’d be awhile to get back to us. Alberto and Carlos in the dining hall and the greatest service from Juan the Dining Captain such a great experience. Good times and I’d say besides sun screen bring $1s for tips and always bring a smile. To the blue eyed gardener in the green uniform you made my day on the mini golf course too, sorry I didn’t get your name. Till next time!! Adios from the Gillman Crew in Minnesota

Trip type: Travelled with family
Melia C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Melia Cozumel Golf - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Dawn

Thnaks for taking the time to write about us.

We hope to see you very soon to enjoy more fun with our crew. We realy hope to have you back in the near future.
Have a great day

Melia Cozumel Golf - All Inclsuive

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had an amazing time in Melia Cozumel Golf - All Inclusive Hotel. Beautifull beach- white sand and clear water. Service, food, amenities, everything was great. There are many activities to do. Funn staff, especially Nolberto, Otoniel, Mary, Carlos. Staff was awesom, always helpfull and friendly.The night entertainment was more than we expected. We love everything about this place. Can't wait to return!!!
Madina and family, Russia

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MadinaKasaeva

Dear Madina Kasaeva

First of all we want to thank you for taking the time to write about us. We hope to see you very soon at Isla Cozumel to enjoy more days of fun and relaxing. We will let he crew know about your comments about them. Thanks again

Quality control