This is fara warning to all of you who are considering this resort to spend your money and precious vacation time.
besides the staff there is nothing else that can be pointed out as nice and positive.
3 weeks since we are back my 19 month daughter is still fighting the bacterial infection that she caught there. not to mention that my wife and my friendas son had also bee vomiting from an infevction as well from that same pool the last 3 days we were there. both with high fever.
that pool did not get a single drop of chlorin from the time we arrived there on saturday until the day we were to go back home. they only put it there once a week so you go figure what goes on inthere.
by tuesday it was so cloudy that you coiudnt see the bottom of it.( i used to be a lifeguard and trust me there is a diference). and believe me when ocean water gets all teh seaweed up and gets dirty you have to dip your self somewhere and you know that pool will be the first thing you go to.
Rooms smelled like stail wine cellars for some reason and the worst were the ones on the ground level.
We were moved numerous times from our spot on the beach because that same spot is aparently where all the weddings happen.
if you still decide to go dont take any of the tours. there are no tequila factories, no good spots for snorkling. you are better off renting a buggy on your own and going about the island.
just so you get a pisture, my friend who also went with us has a time share with Oxidental and he has been to a few of their resorts and he was deeply disapointed with it as well. Food and everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Barcelo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel