1,294 results
All reviews breakfast buffet city view the breakfast area small pool central location an ocean view room recommend casa ferry pier omelet made to order eggs every morning yogurt definitely stay here again ocean front dive trip town square pool deck
Reviewed 19 July 2007

I had a wonderful time at the Casa Mexicana in Cozumel. The hotel is spotless, the staff is very friendly, and the location (being very close to the city center) is hard to beat. When I go back to Cozumel, I will stay at Casa Mexican... no question.

Positives:
Great Location (near downtown)
Clean rooms and common areas
Granite Countertops in the Bathrooms
Friendly staff
Great Breakfast included in the room price
Air Conditioned
Wired Internet in the room
Awesome Value

Negatives:
My room was slightly musty (not surprising given the humid climate)
Bed was a little too firm for me

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
5  Thank kujhawk91
Reviewed 18 July 2007

I have stayed here twice. Both times I had a nice clean room and the staff was friendly. I recommend an ocean view. The breakfast is good with adequate variety. My favorite reason to stay is that it is right next door to Dive Safari, which is one of the best dive shops on the island. Their boats are right across the street. Not a luxury resort, but worthwhile.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank SouthFloridaJohnny
Reviewed 17 July 2007

We booked a package on site 59 to Cozumel, selecting the Casa Mexicana. The hotel was spotless and they had the hardest working staff I have ever seen. All of the staff, from the front desk to the concierge to the waiter and even the maids and the young boys constantly mopping the tile floors, were extremely friendly and approachable, and most were very fluent in English. Angel gave us a great restaurant recommendation, too--La Conchita del Caribe-best ceviche ever. After a day of snorkeling, we would stumble past all the annoying vendors, when we would see the escalator going to the lobby and it was a haven of tranquillity. The hotel is right downtown, so there is some noise, but it is tolerable. Someone nearby owns a little yappy dog, but it mainly barked in the daytime. The pool is small but actually perfect for relaxing and reading--and the lanai shades part of it nicely. The breakfast buffet was unbelievable--it was so good we never ate lunch the whole trip. I would much rather do that than an all inclusive, since we wanted to try other places for dinner anyway. The beds are a bit hard, but I understand that is pretty common in Mexico, and it only started to bother me after the first five nights or so. There is no beach immediately nearby, since the hotel is across from the port where cruise ships dock (hence the annoying salespeople on the streets). But the cab lobby is very strong there, and they are everywhere so you can always get to the park or beaches. We rented a car and were glad we did, since it was so easy to get around to explore different places to snorkel, and you could park in the lot across the street for free. I loved it and will definitely go back (hopefully learn to scuba in the interim!)

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wi_light_sleepers
Reviewed 10 May 2007

La Casa Mexicana is a perfectly adequate hotel for singles and couples seeking good value, reasonable comfort, a prime location downtown, and a lovely breakfast buffet in an 'al fresco' setting.

The room rack rates are somewhat negotiable with the hotel directly and may be occasionally offered at a discount on internet travel websites.

The hotel is accessible by escalator from the busy sidewalk below filled with many cruise boat passengers by day. Upon arriving at the second level, one walks into the lobby which is tranquil and seemingly removed from the hustle and bustle below. There is, as others have noted, a modest little pool for refreshing (but certainly not swimming), a small bar with a few stools, and myriad deck chairs scattered about for relaxation adjacent to the reception area, and a small air conditioned salon with complimentary computers nearby.

The rooms are fairly large but sparsely furnished. The air conditioner works well and is not too loud. The bed is firm with plenty of pillows. The bathroom is minimally sized with some toiletries, good water pressure in the combo bath/tub, and clean, soft, large white towels and washcloths. There is a room safe. The room is clean; maidservice does a good job; yes, the maids make cute little pets out of towels....

The excellent breakfast buffet is served around the corner from the reception desk in an enclosed but open atrium area with a lovely tropical garden. If you happen to have a room facing the breakfast atrium, expect to hear the clinging and clanging of pots and pans and ice and the like as the hardworking employees dutifully set up the breakfast buffet each morning.

If you are a scuba diver, check out Aldora Divers one block north for personalized service, small passenger loads and longgggg underwater times with steel 120 tanks at optimal diving sites.

For reliable local food, consider Restaurant Denis just off the Plaza San Miguel about 6-8 blocks to the north and a couple of blocks inland. On Sundays, there is a festival in this plaza as well.

Adios for now amigos.

Stayed: May 2007
7  Thank HelloThereAgain
Reviewed 17 April 2007

When we first got there the first two rooms smelled liked mold so bad that they moved us for the third time. My mother in laws eyes swelled from the mold in the ducts. The hotel management we're completely rude and acted like they didn't understand us whenever we complained. The breakfast was gross. The food setting out was cold (food poision alert). The last night we went to the Melia (night and day diffrence) Of course we loved the Melia. Casa Mexicana refused to refund our money for our 2 rooms on our last hotel night even though we didn't stay there. I picked this hotel because of the good reviews and boy was I dissappointed! I recomend DON"T even try this hotel!!!! You'll be sorry ...I was.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family