1,294 results
All reviews breakfast buffet city view the breakfast area small pool central location an ocean view room recommend casa ferry pier omelet made to order eggs every morning yogurt definitely stay here again ocean front dive trip town square pool deck
Reviewed 20 September 2015

We decided to stay here after reading the positive reviews - What a mistake. The pool was broken upon arrival. When asked how long until it was fixed we were mislead and told 2 hours. 3 hours later we asked again and told not until Wednesday which was across our entire stay in Cozumel. There was dried blood stains on one of the comforters. Terrible manners by the front desk clerk Advielly and other staff. I was told the manager Adriana Caballero doesn't speak english so she could not help us with our concerns. Most people in Cozumel are super friendly, beautiful island, and plenty of other places to stay - do yourself a favor and AVOID THIS PLACE!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else for a good room
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank YCtraveler36
GerenciaCMC, Propietario at Casa Mexicana Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Dear guest; i am very sorry for any inconvience on your stay. I hope you give us a second chance to make your stay a better one.
I really appreciate the comments you give us, so we can make improvements.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We have stayed at this hotel annually for numerous years and will definitely return. Location is terrific, the service staff give us a warm welcome and attentive service upon each return, the breakfast is great, and everything is very clean and quiet. It's convenient to be able to walk to a large variety of excellent nearby restaurants rather than eating all-inclusive meals from the same kitchen all week. Pickup and return for diving can occur at the pier across the street.

The one warning I would give is that reservations and front desk staff can be disappointing. Last month we had our second experience with a very cavalier approach to providing what we had reserved. We were issued keys and sent to a room that did not meet our prepaid reservation specifications. When we went back to the desk, it was clear they knew but did not tell us the room was not as specified, and the response was essentially "we don't have of that type left so you'll just have to accept what you get." No offer of adjustment or compensation of any kind, and only after we kept stating that we were unhappy did the desk staff finally agree to find another guest who would be willing to swap rooms after the first night. I don't know what would have happened if a kind guest had not agreed to the change, and no one subsequently acknowledged or apologized for the problem.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms definitely worth the price.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank forsrick
GerenciaCMC, Propietario at Casa Mexicana Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Dear Guest; thank you for your preference, it its great to see we have repeat guest coming for many many years. Hope to meet you soon!

Have an excellent day.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

This hotel is classic/authentic Cozumel - delightful, simple, charming.
*comfy king bed, tub/shower bathroom
*spotlessly sparkling clean
*superb staff - above and beyond polite and helpful
*perfect crisp A/C
*surprisingly good WIFI
*fabulous breakfast - beans, bacon and eggs - usually also had either pancakes or waffles, always eggs to order, huevos rancheros, fruits, fresh juices, toasts, pastries
*small pool - perfect for a serene soak or some short laps - cool and refreshing
*close to all shopping and restaurants, just north of cruise terminal and south of ferry

Other reviews are right on about the various "views" and noises. The rooms are air conditioned, the hotel is not, it has a central atrium that is open for circulation. This invites in the sounds of the infamous barking dog on the South side - he is an insidious little yapper. The breakfast buffet is served in the atrium on the second floor so the sound ricochets through the central corridor due to all the hard surfaces.

Based on others' recommendations, I booked an ocean front for 6 nights (Rm 404). I was very happy with my choice. There was no street noise - the hotel is so close to the Malecon, the sound doesn't seem to transfer over the ocean sounds. I could hear the dog and breakfast setup (they start 6 am or earlier for service at 7 am) - but this had zero impact on my stay. I am a light sleeper, so wear earplugs when resting. I didn't hear a thing I didn't want to hear. To me these are authentic and flavorful parts of traveling to a foreign place.

I loved this hotel and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Read reviews carefully and decide what is important for you - view vs. quiet vs. ??
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank m b

Dear guest; Thank you for all the great comments. it is a main goal to make your trip an unforgetable one. It is great to hear you have found you home away from home!!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Just returned from fifth visit this year.Nice to see some of my previous issues have been addressed.Wi Fi much improved as you no longer have to log in after each use.
The cable TV selections much better with CNN,,BBc and local Miami stations in English plus first NFL game avil in English.
The barking dog issue has not been solved,however it is much better than it was.
Still a great place,good rates,and an outstanding staff.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo

Dear guest; we love to hear great comments from our repeat guest. As you can see all your comments are taking care on management. We are finding a solution for the barking dog issue, for your next trip at casa mexicana.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We stay here every time we come to Cozumel. Its so nice to be centrally located for diving and restaurants or shopping. Save the money on the ocean view and book room 520 or 518. They offer great views of both the city and ocean for city view prices. The room is basic with a bed, shower and tub ( great for rinsing dive gear ) and a small fridge. The sun hits the balcony perfectly in the afternoon to dry out your gear. We dive with Dive Paradise and its only a short 5 min walk from this hotel to the pick up spot at the Barracuda. There are close to the dive pier but not huge problem for us since we dive all day.

The breakfast is something I miss when I leave and go home. They have such a great variety of foods and everything is fresh and hot.

The best part of this hotel is the Bartender - Gaspar - he remembers us every time we come back even after a year and makes us feel so welcome. Wife and I spend hours at the bar chatting with him. He also makes great recommendations for dinner that is out of the way and most would not know about.

Only thing I wish i could change and that would be the pool. Not much of a pool - more like a water fountain that you can dip your feet into, but not a big deal since we spend all day in the ocean.

Room Tip: 520 or 518 for city and ocean views for city view prices
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spencer C

Dear guest; thank you for all the great comments, it is a pleasure to hear you had a wonderful time at the hotel.
Hope to have you soon at your home away from home!