2,798 results
All reviews seaside grill el patio portofino restaurant tortuga bar da mario juan carlos dive house ocean front paddle boards fish market cafe pizza place honeymoon suite entertainment staff beach bar main pool nachos
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Our family had a wonderful time at Sunscape Sabor in Cozumel. The hotel was nice and the ocean water was aquamarine and clear. The staff was very friendly and there were a lot of activities for all ages.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SeaczEconcierge, Management area at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear mandtie,

We are glad for your review. Thank you so much for expressing your opinion about Sunscape Sabor Cozumel. It is a pleasure for us to know that you had a pleasant stay and were able to enjoy our resort.

We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Three friends and I just got back from our 5 day stay at Sunscape Sabor and we had the most incredible time! Our rooms were very comfortable, with a minibar (that was free and restocked), AC that we could control with a remote, plenty of drawer/closet space. There aren't a ton off options for food, but all of them were so great (especially El Patio)! The rooms are right off the beach, which has plenty of chairs and opportunities for snorkeling, kayaking, and paddle boarding for free. We saw so many colorful fish, starfish, a barracuda, and some rays!

While all of these made our time great, what made our visit truly memorable was the staff. The Entertainment team was incredible and made our trip so fun! The hotel is family friendly, so they make an effort to host games and events throughout the day and every evening. They brought in dance groups, hosted minute-to-win-it, bingo, dancing lessons, zumba, beach volleyball, etc. The Entertainment team made such an effort to get to know us and make sure our time was enjoyable. Shout out to Gustavo, Daniel, Juanini, and Arbey! My friends and I all agree that getting to know them was the highlight of our trip. They went above and beyond to engage us and make sure all of our needs were met! The AC wasn't working in one of our rooms the first night, and Daniel made sure that it was taken care of and he followed up afterwards to make sure it was working. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation with incredible views, friendly/engaging staff, and several activities on site - look no further! We wish we could stay longer!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Alex H

Thank you for your kind review which you have shared with other travelers. We appreciate that you took the time to remember us. Your experience is a true testament to the dedication of our staff to ensure that you have all the necessary ingredients for an unforgettable vacation.

As we love to receive the positive comments, we also are taking notes about the things that we can improve and make it better for our guests.

It would be our pleasure to host you again and please do not hesitate in contacting us at info.seacz@secretsresorts.com to help you with everything prior and during arrival.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Staying at the Sunscape Sabor started off with a great experience. We were treated nice by the staff, everyone was gracious to us. It seemed that they wanted our company and thanked us for choosing their hotel. We were told by Vasquez that we would get a free bottle of wine with the stay. When we got to the room there was no bottle of wine and we called downstairs to ask about it and we were tolded only for honey moon people. This was the first time we were promised something on the trip that was not given to us. We shrugged it off and considered it a mistake and a miscommunication. We enjoyed the hotel stay the days we were there. The staff seemed pleaseant and happy to serve. The food was very medicore at best and you can tell that the hotel was getting thier moneys worth because some of the "mexican style" food wasnt very mexican. It seemed prepared very cheaply. Everything seemed fine up until the last day. We were told the day before if we do a snorkel cruise and participate in the complimentary breakfast about the packages the hotel had to offer the snorkel trip would be free. I asked many times. Many many times, if we both went to the presentation would both our snorkel tours be free. We were told over and over "Yes". This was told by Eduardo,
Juan Carlos and by Diego especially. Diego was especially deceiving to us. He promised us many free options and told us that we were getting alot. It took us 45 minutes to check in with him for the breakfast seminar. He was using a computer to check us in and it seemed as if he didn't know what he was going because he asked us 5 times where we were from and five times if my friend and I were together and he kept asking the same question over and over. We stayed for the entire presentation and heard what everyone had to say. After we told the staff we were uninterested in what they had to offer did everything turn sour. They began to ask up why we were uninterested. Told us we needed to pay $9,000 to sign up for their program and wanted us to stay longer. We told them thank you but no thank you. They gave us a voucher for the snorkel package and told us the voucher would cover both of our snorkel trips. I asked 4 tours was the one voucher good for both of our snorkel trips, being that we both sat in for the prpresentation. The answer Eduardo was, Yes. We also asked the corporate manager that showed up after we said no to the packages they tried to offer us. We felt very bullied into the Vacation time shares. When we respectfully declined no. Everything turned ugly. They started us treating us very badly. After we got the voucher that stated that we would not have to pay for the snorkel trip. We went to the front desk and was told that it only covered one snorkel trip. After we both took time for presentations and was promised by many people that if covered both of our snorkel trips we were told, "No". It only covers one person. As we paid for the one person relucttintely we asked to speak with the person that told us the lie and they would not let us see him and said he was away. We tried to talk to the original people and they kept telling us those people where not around. After we paid for the trip that we were promised was free. We got into a taxi to leave the reservation. At that point the staff would not lets leave. I have never felt like a prisoner in my life until that point. we had to get release papers from the staff to leave the place and the staff refused to give the papers to the taxi driver. I felt very very unsafe and we were at the point of missing our flight. The hotel would then not let us leave and we had done nothing wrong. I am very traumatized from this trip. I asked why we could not leave the place and if he was keeping us hostage and the answer to my surprise was, "Yes"! I was mortified. This hotel was keeping us hostage and there were gates that would not let us leave. I asked them why they were keeping us and he said that he did not like my signature that he wanted me to sign a credit card receipt again. So In my understanding I was getting charged for an item that was complimentary and if I didn't agree to pay the item and resign the credit card slip again I would not be allowed to leave the hotel. I was very much a prisoner at this hotel and I do not like it. I don't like the feeling at being inside a gate and not allowed to leave the hotel. If we were comitting a crime I understand and call the police. I have video of the front desk staff telling me they are holding me hostage. The end of this stay ruined the trip for me. Telling us lies the whole trip to make a doller. Unprofesssional. This letter is going on every review I can find. Pabli was the name of the person that said he would hold us hostage if I didnt sign the reciept and I have video to prove that. It was a traumatic experience and they would not let us leave and we almost missed our flight. This stay was a scam the entire time. They promised us different free amenities on the website and when we checked in and when we went to use it they gave us vouchers to use towards double priced amenties so you are basically paying the normal rate. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kevin W

Hello Mrs. Kevin W,

It looks like the experience you are mentioning is with the company UVC. I would be a pleasure to us to forward all this situation with them.

Please do not hesitate in contacting if you need further assistance.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We stayed at SS just over a year ago and though the resort was pretty nice it lacked a lot in service(usually weren't offered drinks at meals last year and forget a refill) and the room wasn't cool enough. We went back this year because their prices are pretty good for an all inclusive. The new restaurant is open now with open air breezes from the ocean and ceiling fans galore(we literally dripped sweat in our breakfast plates last year). Our room this year was awesome and don't set the air too low or it'll freeze you out! Wait staff was insanely attentive with drinks and refills and anything you wanted - Louis recognized us and took us to his tables morning & night - and remembered what we were drinking - didn't even have to order our juices and coffee at breakfast. We dove 4 days with Dive House who took us on great dives, did our son's PADI open water checkout dives and were friendly and fun. If you go to Explor or some other off premise excursion you can save a lot of money paying when you get there. Also take taxi's when you go they're cheap, plentiful and arrive within 4 minutes. Rental vehicles on the island are pretty pricey but you MUST go to Coconuts bar & grill at the far end of the island so we rented a Jeep for one day. You can have great snorkeling right from the beach with angel fish, sting rays, lobster and numerous other fish and critters and the water is very clear just off the bank. My review went from

Room Tip: Tip your maids - small tips mean a lot and they'll keep your room fridge stocked and the cute towel animals interesting on your bed!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear dmurphyar

Thanks for making us part of this experience, our purpose is always to fulfill all our guest's expectations. We are so happy to know that you were so impressed with our new facilities and improvements. We are also proud of Luis, for making this trip extra special with his efficient service and we will sure congratulate them.

We really appreciate your reference and we certainly look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

This Resort has been our home as we visit Mexico. For the past several years, the Sunscape staff has provided our group with an amazing week. We look forward to being greeted by Carlos and the bell staff when we arrive. He always remembers our name. Once checked in we are off to enjoy the restaurants on the property. Portofino is where we start our day at breakfast. Christian, Daniel and Russel are among the wait staff that start our day off right!! After our morning Dives on the nearby reefs, we enjoy lunch at the Seaside Grill. Angel and Miguel always have a smile as well as tasty treats to make our day. Several times during the week, we stop at Damarios for awesome Pizza and Pasta. Rudolpho's personality comes through and makes this a great place for an Italian dinner. El Patio is more formal dinner that is served by a staff that takes pride in all they do.
The beach is amazing and the pools provide a great place to catch some rays. The Entertainment staff has activities going from morning to night. The shows as well as the foam party were highlights.
We have always appreciated the hard work from the house keeping staff. Maria always made sure our room stayed clean and stocked.
Even through leaving is sad, we know that it will be just a matter of time before we will be back and see our friends again.
Roger and DeAnn P.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear DrPrill,

Thank you very much for visiting us and sharing your excellent comments.

We are so happy to read that everything you experienced in our services and facilities was excellent, also thanks for your helpful suggestions for us and the tips you share with other Trip Advisor fellow readers. We are so glad that everything you had in our services was excellent. We are sharing your positive comments with our team, which will encourage them to continue giving their best every day.

Thank you for coming for your vacations, we wish to see you soon and offer you another fantastic vacation at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel.