All reviews boat crew dive resort night dive unlimited shore diving dive staff dive shop reef cat non divers great dive great place for divers toad fish rinse tanks sea horses special of the day days diving octopus surface interval
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I am planning another trip to Scuba Club with my son, Ariel, this holiday season. I read a couple of the negative reviews, and decided to come to the owner's defense,Tim.(Note, most of the negative reviews are old and fraction of the total responses) . This is somewhere between my 18th and 20th trip to this resort. It is my home away from home. The "staff family" is wonderful. They want to be treated like humans, just like you. Dignity and respect. You get in return what you give. And we are not talking about money. Doesn't matter which country you visit. So, if you have had a rough trip in, or too much to drink, take heed of your own head space before "popping off". The hundreds of positive reviews speak for themselves. As most of these people are repeat clients, also. So relax. Make new friends. Take in the value of the resort and the beauty of the island for what it is. See Y'all in December 2016! I will respond again in January after the trip. Ciao Baby! Alan. Asheville, NC

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Southerngentleman_11
Timothy M, General Manager at Scuba Club Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thanks southerngentleman_11 We don't always get it right ,but we try very hard to make sure your experience a positive one.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Mario the maitre d at at SCC likes to welcome returning guests to the resort with the phrase "welcome home again....how was your vacation? It really is quite accurate. Just like things at home are comfortable and just the way you like it, SCC meets all your basic needs without all the fluff of many of the "higher end resorts". My wife and I have made three trips to SCC and have never been disappointed. The rooms are comfortable, eat off the floor clean, quiet and spacious. When you're diving you've got lots of "stuff" and there's plenty of room for it. The food absolutely never disappoints. Nice breakfast buffet with plenty of options, a lunch special and salad bar every day (but you can order off the menu), and great dinners with enough options that no matter you're individual tastes, you're going to be happy. And in case you're interested, SCC has the best chili rellenos I've ever tasted. I had them for lunch 4 days in a row. The wait staff is very attentive and all about making sure you're happy with your meal.

The dive shop is very efficient, and helpful. The boats are clean and set up to make diving pleasurable. This trip we were on the Observer with deck hand Evan and DM Sergio. They were great, and the captain got us quickly to the best sites of the day. If you've dove in Cozumel, you know that you can run into some strong currents, and our crew did a great job of getting us to the slower sites with less divers in the area. There were never more than 8 divers on the boat, so we always felt we were getting all the attention we needed. On this trip we saw several sharks, eels, a couple of seahorses, rays, a turtle or two, and lots of fish. The viz was very good at 80-90 feet...maybe more.My only gripe with the dive operation is that they hit you up for $10 a tank for Nitrox, and don' offer any packages to lower the cost. So you're looking at $200 for a couple for the week.

if you're looking for great diving, a comfortable resort with a friendly staff, and food that never disappoints...and all at a great value....SCC ....you can't beat it!!!

1  Thank Randy T

Thanks Randy. We really appreciate the great review. We look forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

The bottom line is this: Scuba Club Cozumel is all about taking care of scuba divers. The rooms are neat, clean and comfortable. The hotel staff is excellent, friendly and accommodating. The boat crews and dive masters are experienced and friendly. The food is tasty. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure you have the best and safest scuba diving adventures when on the water and a relaxing, chillin, and mellow time when off the water. Just one example: We went on a night dive and were late getting back (after the normal dinner time), but the kitchen staff held dinner for us. I'll be back!!

Room Tip: Not sure there are any bad rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Timothy M, General Manager at Scuba Club Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thanks for the great review Bruce. We are glad to hear that you are thinking of returning and look forward to having you as a guest in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Read my other reviews for more detailed info. I can say the place won't lose its charm or its quality. The people who work at SCC have my undying gratitude and respect. Thank you once again!

I'd definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

As you state it's all about the people. Our guests make the place special also, by coming back to visit us you reenforce our commitment to do a good job and make our guests happy and willing to return time and again.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

My husband and I are never disappointed with Scuba Club. We love to dive and this is the place for those who want to dive without all the frills. The food was fabulous, the people were great and the overall experience was just as we expected.

Room Tip: We have stayed in several different rooms. None are bad, but we prefer direct oceanfront.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Gabrielle. Glad to hear we didn't disappoint you on your return trip. Thanks for your support and hope to have you back as a guest soon.