All reviews rooms are clean great location hot water main plaza community fridge inner courtyard kitchen area ferry from playa del carmen walking distance cable tv ceiling fan recommend this hotel a great stay the hotel staff air conditioning san miguel every morning
Reviewed 11 July 2016

This was very well priced, ice cold air, great little breakfast and helpful friendly staff from Check in to check out. 1 block off square, walking distance to great restaraunts, water, cabs . Cleaned daily, i will go back. No pool, but was diving all day everyday so did not care. Not a 5 star resort, but not whatni wanted. Was very happy with this choice. Somemhave said noisy but imdid not hear anything with fan and ac running. I had ground floor , traveled alone and felt very safe. Also forgot to mention had great free wifi. I never could get tv tomwork, user error, but watched netflix at night so did not care.

Room Tip: I liked ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank 15bubbles
car8, Propietario at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us, we are really grateful with your comments. Feal at home is our goal. We are very happy you got it!

Reviewed 3 July 2016

My two nights at the Mary Carmel have endeared them to me! I will definitely stay again when in town! Clean, quiet, and simple! The best is the folks who work there, true Mexican hospitality and generosity!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
car8, Propietario at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Loretta,

Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Went Jan. 23-30, 2016 specifically to scuba dive. Air fare and hotel was $570. US. The hotel is right on the square downtow. There is no pool or beach close by but I didn't need either. The hotel was very simple but clean and newly remodeled. The people were friendly and continental breakfast was included. There were numerous restaurants, bars and dive shops within a few minutes walk. I dove with Studio Blue Cozumel Dive Ctr. and Manuel Ortiz was fantastic. The dives were $72 for two dives with a snack for lunch. They also kept my equipment and washed it so it was ready for the next dive. Jaime and Juan were great dive masters to dive with or get certified.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank mike k
car8, Propietario at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Hi Mike!

we are so happy you had a great time, at the hotel and diving. Cozumel is a wonderful place to enjoy this activity!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel is perfect, with nice staff, good coffee, juice, fruits and breads in the morning TV, air conditioning and hot showers while being close to everything and the pier is just a few steps away. The staff is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. The small turtles great you when you are eating/drinking and relaxing while sitting down in the courtyard. I am so glad I found this hotel and I will happily stay here again.

Thanks and see you in June!
Debbie

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank scubaandwine

Thank you so much for your lovely words, we are so happy you had a great time with us. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Old world charm combined with spacious shared areas made our stay in this hotel a real treat. A plentiful breakfast in the inner courtyard surrounded by beautiful lush plantings is topped off with friendly free ranging tortoises. Great showers and in the walking zone by the central plaza.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip6411
car8, Propietario at Hotel Mary Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Hi Philip!

Thanlk you so much for your comments, we really appreciate them and we appreciate you stayed with us. The tortoises say hi!!
Hope to see you soon!