“Couldn't ask for more! Awesome place to stay :)”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
6 Bedrooms, 7 Bathrooms, Sleeps 16
Cozumel, Yucatan Peninsula

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 37 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Any
wanderlus...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Couldn't ask for more! Awesome place to stay :)”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Summer Place Inn is awesome! The photos don't do it justice. My friends and I stayed in the condo here and had amazing time. We are in our 20's and 30's and were in Cozumel for 4 nights for our friend's bachelorette party. Joe, was an amazing host and helped us out with great suggestions and info about where to go and what to do/see. He was essentially a perfect host in that he was readily available when we needed him, but he wasn't nosey or crowding our space. The condo is 3 levels - 1st with living, kitchen, dining space, and an additional bedroom; 2nd with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms; and 3rd with a large rooftop terrace. Plenty of room for us 5 girls! The location was great in a clean, quiet, safe neighborhood - about a 5min walk to the grocery store and a 15min stroll to town. But, if you prefer to take a cab, Joe will call one for you and it'll be there in no more than 5 mins. (Cab ride into town was $4US+tip, from the airport its $10US, to the airport its $6US+tip.) Access to the property is restricted by a keyed gate, for extra security and safety. The kitchen is well equipped for cooking and serving up any meal, and the house staff is very helpful in keeping the place tidy. Summer Place provides some forms entertainment like bikes, body boards, and a library of DVDs to chose from. The hot water, A/C, and wifi work just as well as they do in the States. I can't think of anything that would have made our stay more comfortable. If we make it back to Cozumel, we would definitely stay here again!

PS. Initially I was a little weary about what to expect because of some of the negative comments, but we stayed out late just about every night and had no problems with the management. We saw no evidence of mistreatment of the "locals"; in fact, Joe recommend we try out a very mom & pop's restaurant that is about 2 blocks away and owned/run by locals. (Which I will also recommend - Los Chilangos. Excellent service and delicious, authentic Mexican food!) And if you have to be reminded to get something in writing before you enter into an agreement with someone/a business, you probably shouldn't be booking things at all. I'm glad I went with the majority of the reviews and booked this excellent property for trip to Cozumel.

Liked best: The pool
Liked least: The gate was so darn hard to open
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Elevation...
Evergreen, Colorado
“Wonderful & quiet, yet only blocks from the action!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

If you've stayed in Cozumel before, this is the place for you; close yet quiet. This condo only a few shorts blocks from the bustling of the San Miguel Civic Center and shops. The condo has two single rooms and a two bedroom. The "L" shaped two bedroom is on the 2nd floor. The two one-bedrooms (large hotel room style) are side by side in a hallway that leads to the kitchen and swimming pools.// My, wife, son and I stayed in the two one-bedrooms. Both had nice, large bathrooms, comfy beds, and the room was nicely appointed. Semi private porch deck with hammocks on ground level. Also had a college dorm room sized refrigerator.

The pool is perfect for one or two families to play in after eating on the garden porch is lovely in the evening overlooking the pool (watch for the two turtles near the pool). The kitchen part of the garden porch. Other than some spices and coffee, all food items you need will have to be bought at Mega, two blocks away. Full sized refrigerator is available for your use. Five gallon water jug is provided in the kitchen.

The rooms are nice. Even nicer were Henny Watts and her grandson Joe Watts. The owners make the Summerplace Inn truly relaxing and comforting. Henny books the reservations from her home in Canada. She was a delight to work with and provided me some good, locals only information of places to eat. Joe met us at the Summerplace Inn. Throughout our stay, Joe was gracious, outgoing and helpful, and genuinely friendly and interested in helping.

There are a number of different sized bicycles in the garage. I recommend you check the air pressure on the bike you choose the day before any excursion, as we found a couple of bikes with low or flat tires. Most of the bikes are usable.

Joe Watts has a good relations ship with Magarita (make sure you roll the "Rs") form ISIS scooter & VW rentals. By chance, I had already reserved on through this company because they give online discounts. Joe call Margarita (roll those RRRs), verified the rental reservation and had someone at Summerplace in to take us the pick up our scooters the next morning. ISIS was prompt and did not ask for a pickup fee (tip anyway).

I already spoke with Joe about it, however, after making your reservation through Tripadvisor, Henny may soon after send you an email. Her email address that I received was from Mrs. Watts "@CozumelInn"... It was not "@Summerplace".... I tell you this because our cabdriver wanted to see address email that I received Mrs. Watts. The cab drivers know the names of places more that the are given an address to go to. But,....we made to the right place.

Summerplace Inn is the way to split the difference between quite, serene accommodations, and fun tourist bars and restaurants. Stay at Summerplace Inn because it is inexpensive and lovely. The rental cost for both of our rooms was a bargain for the rooms only. The pool, kitchen, quietness, friendly owner and nice landscaping added the lime and salt to our margarita getaway.You will then come back because of Henny and on-site grandson Joe help provided a wonderful experience. Thank you.

Liked best: Mrs. Henny Watts the owner and her on-site grandson Joe Watts
Liked least: Condition of the bicycles. (Remember they are provided for FREE)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
rayjeanne
Ottawa Canada
“Excellent accommodation in Cozumel”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We reserved two double rooms for ourselves and out sister and brother-in-law, with access to a well equipped kitchen and a lovely pool for a two week stay in Cozumel. The managers anticipated our every need and the accommodations more than met our requirements. Close to grocery stores for self-catering and walking distance to the ocean. Perfect for our vacation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The accommodation and owners
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Management Response
9 Jan 2014
Hi Jan, Thank you so much for your review. It is much appreciated.
I always find it difficult to ask for reviews but in the wake of savey computer users, some of the run down places have a higher review for staying, than at our place . Each review helps bring up our rating for staying.
Alice G
Hillerod, Denmark
“Peace and quiet quality with pool, close to city center and the beach.”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 for a stay in September 2013

My husband and I have for the last 10 years visited and stayed at Summerplace Inn, Cozumel between 14 days and a month. We have always been very satisfied, so clean and tidy, nice things to look at and a lovely pool. Situated at a quite road, close to the two largest super markets on the island with ATM’s, laundry and everything you need. Lovely outdoor kitchen well sheltered for the sun and any weather in direct connection to the pool area. A sweet harmonic little place.
Henny Watts and her family provide excellent service and we always felt welcome. The hosts, having the background from Canada as well as Denmark/Europe, understand what the visitors need and expect.
Summerplace Inn is absolutely a place we would recommend to others and we look forward to come back.
Alice and Kjell Glorvigen
Hillerød, Denmark

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Wiegers
“Home sweet home”
Reviewed 15 January 2013 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

Summers place Inn is like a 2nd home to me! I luv it. This year my family are visiting the hotel for the 2nd time. It was offordable and a huge bang for your buck. I have no idea what the people are talking about when they give terrible rates? I think the hotel is awesome. I felt very safe with my family there, and I can not wait to visit it again!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 290
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing