Amigos Hostel Cozumel
USD 288*
USD 248*
USD 382*
Bookit.com
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
USD 110*
USD 161*
USD 144*
  • Pool
USD 246*
All reviewsdorm roombig kitchengreat kitchenpleasant place to staywonderful poolpiece of paradiseswimming poolclean roomscar rentalhot waterkathyhammocksbackpackersislanddive10minferry
FilterAll languages
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 6 June 2006

My husband and I did our scuba dive certification with Victor Brito while staying at Amigo's for 8 nights. It was wonderful. The gardens are beautiful, the people are wonderful, the location is just great. Kathy was very helpful to us with anything we needed. It was great eating our breakfast in the outdoors. Our room was great and the pool was very refreshing after a day in the ocean.
We had a wonderful time and will definiately go back to Amigo's the next time we visit the wonderful Cozumel. Next year we hope.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 January 2006

I,ve stayed at Amigos twice in the last 2 months and I found it to be an excellent low budget facility.
Kathy and her staff went out of there way to make sure things were to my liking.
The room was comfortable and the kitchenette was fully equipped with dishes, etc for those desiring to prepare food.
I wasn't sure when I went there in Dec 2005 what I would find after Wilma had hit there, but Amigos clean up and had things back together shortly after it hit.
The garden is now recovering nicely from Wilma and should be real beautiful soon.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank walper
marco island Fl.
Reviewed 13 January 2006

From the min. we walked through the gates we were treated like family. Kathy had our room ready and spent time telling us all about the Island. The garden and pool area are fantastic. A great place to relax and forget there is an outside world. The room we had was great. There were three of us and we had plenty of room. More room than the average hotel. The entire staff was extremely friendly. Her children Tati and Zak were an added pleasure to be with. Although they are busy with their own things they made time to talk about the Mexican culture. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. It was so nice just walking out the door and having breakfast ready for you. A good varity was waiting. Kathy makes the best muffins. I won't tell you how many I ate each morning. Only my clothes give away the secret. Kathy made sure that we knew where we were going each day. She reccommended certain local restaurants Alll wonderful. Somehow Kathy found out that it was my birthday and had a party for me with the other guests. What an added treat. The only negative that I found was that I had to go home after a week. Should have stayed for 2 Mybe next time.

• Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 December 2005

My daughter and I stayed at Amigos B&B during Easter week 2005. The pool and gardens reminded us of the Garden of Eden; but, there were some problems.

1) Our room had black mold and mildew, and when I told Kathy, the owner, she did nothing to rectify the problem.

2) The airconditioners are extremely old. They're loud and noisy and do not work very well. It took a long time for our room to cool down, and we were not allowed to keep the AC on when we were out of the room.

3) The owners do not make you feel like "Amigos."

We really enjoyed the other guests at the B&B, many of whom were British. But Kathy Kopelman was quite inhospitable to us -- even though her husband is very gracious, she is very standoffish and not very warm to her guests.

When I made my initial reservation, I told Kathy that we had a 6 p.m. flight -- our airline only had one flight back to our home each day. So Kathy told me that after we left our room we could leave our bags in the palapa area until it was time to go to the airport. On our departure day, Kathy was obviously miffed when I asked her if we could leave our bags in the palapa area. It was quite clear that she wanted us out. So we hailed a taxi and spent the rest of the afternoon in the Cozumel airport.

We loved Cozumel and will return someday; however, due to the way were treated, we will find another place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 August 2005

I traveled as a 'guest' with my Daughter and her Family. The grounds were fantastic, as was the pool. The room was also above expectations. But, the Ms., running the place, thought she was a drill sargeant with all her rules, most of which were common sense. Being on vacation, shame on me, I didn't feel I had to sit down and read the extensive list of rules. So, naturally, I became the center of 'attack'. Myself and the Ms. instinctively did not hit it off well, to say the least. They have bicycles for use that there are only 1.5 of the 5 total, barely rideable. Crime in Cozumel is nearly extinct, and always has been, but the Ms. was upset because I didn't ask for a lock to lock up the one half decent bike I used to go to the cleaners with. Bikes are a great way to take care of errands or just go sightseeing on, in Cozumel. I had to rent a bike to circumnavigate the Island with. (This was my 4th trip to the Is.) The breakfast was way less than what I was expecting, as I left hungry. The Mr. was great the only one time we saw him. That was another good point, you never were bothered by the proprietors, unless you broke a rule! I definitely would not stay there again. And yes, I do plan on traveling to Cozumel again!

• Stayed: July 2005