See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here for 10 days while vacationing in Cozumel in March, 2014. Not like a resort/American hotel. This is an ideal place for those who don't ask for much. It is a family run hotel that couldn't be any closer to the action. Nice area of town. A block from the beach, half a block from the town square. Walking distance of many restaurants/bars/shopping. Very affordable. Nice clean rooms with 2 double beds, nice bathroom, fridge, desk, TV, and wardrobe. Air conditioning optional. Wonderful balconies overlooking the street. If I had to complain about one thing it would be no Wifi access in room, instead had to walk down hall to a common area. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions, the last being the first week of March this year. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean with air conditioning. We always try to get a balcony room. This is a no frills hotel. Bottled water is available from a cooler at the front desk. Make sure you bring your own shampoo. We like it because it is right on the square close enough to walk to all the shops and the ocean. If you are just looking for a place to shower and sleep, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The best room to ask for is 201 as it is the least amount of stairs for a balcony room. It is on the 3rd floor and there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SharkLoverKate
Reviewed 28 April 2007

$35 a night,friendly,clean,fridge,in town, that's all I need.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 February 2007

I agree with the previous review whole-heartedly. I too was traveling with my 13-year-old son, and was looking for downtown San Miguel at a reasonable price. I believe we paid $35 per night, with a discount also because we stayed 7 days. The Plaza was having a Caribbean music festival, so there was excellent live music just 1/2 block from us. Downstairs is a car/scooter rental company. Lots of great restaurants in the immediate vicinity. And the people running the place and working there were very gracious and hospitable.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank cyndyj1
Reviewed 25 October 2006

Cheap place to stay if you like bed bugs and very poor maid service. Put the room on a credit card and they even ripped us off on that. Rooms are in very poor shape. and not very clean. Air and TV did not work. I would rather sleep on the streets in the hood then to stay here. Just ask the neightbors around there what the owners are.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business