Hotel El Marques
InterContinental
USD 195*
USD 172*
  • Breakfast included
Vista del Mar Boutique Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
USD 85*
USD 65*
  • Breakfast included
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
USD 110*
USD 83*
USD 160*
USD 170*
USD 150*
  • Pool
Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
USD 133*
USD 335*
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
USD 504*
USD 454*
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2007

$35 a night,friendly,clean,fridge,in town, that's all I need.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 February 2007

I agree with the previous review whole-heartedly. I too was traveling with my 13-year-old son, and was looking for downtown San Miguel at a reasonable price. I believe we paid $35 per night, with a discount also because we stayed 7 days. The Plaza was having a Caribbean music festival, so there was excellent live music just 1/2 block from us. Downstairs is a car/scooter rental company. Lots of great restaurants in the immediate vicinity. And the people running the place and working there were very gracious and hospitable.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank cyndyj1
Reviewed 25 October 2006

Cheap place to stay if you like bed bugs and very poor maid service. Put the room on a credit card and they even ripped us off on that. Rooms are in very poor shape. and not very clean. Air and TV did not work. I would rather sleep on the streets in the hood then to stay here. Just ask the neightbors around there what the owners are.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
7  Thank EdBracer
A TripAdvisor Member
minnesota
Reviewed 3 January 2006

feb 2003
cindy from ,minnesota
My husband and I stayed at the El Marquez, The rooms were clean, the staff were ok. But...The mattress on one of the other bed in our room had a very large blood stain on the upper right side. We asked the staff to remove it from our room and get us another one. When we came back to the room and checked the mattress to see if they gave us a new one all they did was turn the mattress over so we could not see the blood.(like some one would sleep on it just becuse they turned it up side down.) Makes you wonder what happend to the previous person that was sleeping on it!!! So we used the other bed and My husband ended up with tiny spider bites all over the back of his neck and back. He thinks from the pillow.
We also had to ask for towels because none of our rooms had any. For the most part our stay was ok, The mattress kind of ruined it,but...it did give us quite good stories to tell every one when we got home :-)The hotel was quiet and they did have a security gaurd. We went with my sister,her husband and another couple. Except for the mattress, we all had a good time.
i.e. see barbie from minnesota for her review

• Stayed: February 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2006

Barbie from Minnesota!

My sister and I, along with our husbands and another couple booked a room at the El Marques in 2003 on the suggestion of a friend that had stayed there previously. While the price is a deal, the old saying "you get what you pay for" was never more true. While I wouldn't say that the rooms were unclean... they were tidy... my sister's matress had a pool of dried blood at the head of the bed. If that isn't enough to scare you, she complained to the front desk and asked that it be taken care of and all they did was come in the room, flip the mattress over and put the blood stain at the foot of the bed... underneath. Clever solution to that problem for sure! We were appalled! They do not have the concept of blood born pathogens... apparently! If it wouldn't have been for the blood stain on the mattress and the red spider bites that my brother in law developed all over his neck, back and chest which he thinks he got from said mattress, we might like to say something nice... like it was probably ok for $35 dollars a night, but I think he spent more than that in topical creams to get rid of the spider bites...ouch! Lots of steps to walk up... which is what you get for $35.00 so if you do a lot of walking through the day, you might not make it up to your room! The hotel was quiet and they also had a security person which was nice. Although my sister had problems, we were ok. To end with saying something nice also... it was an ok accomadation for $35.00... I think we are all smart enough to realize that we are not going to get the "El Presidente" for that price. i.e...see review from Cindy from Minnesota.

• Stayed: February 2003