All reviewsocean frontfree wifiplace to stayaquasupermarketdiveboatsdockrefrigerator
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was our first time to Cozumel and did not know what to expect or where to stay. We dove with Aqua Safari and the Safari inn is right above the dive shop and on the main street. We like the fact that we did not have to walk or travel far to get to the shop. We also like the fact that we can access their boat just across the street. If you read the reviews you will not be disappointed, I know we were not. As a matter of fact it was better. The room has no tv, hair dryer, or phone and they do have a cooler so you can keep your beer or water cold. The rooms are simple and clean and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: rooms 1 and 7 are larger and have a view of ocean
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My dive buddy and I stayed at Safari Inn and dove with their dive shop, Aqua Safari the last month in May, 2012. Every part of our experience here was fantastic. The owner and staff are attentive to the guest's needs and go out of their way to help with scheduling dives, finding local restaurants and just about anything else we asked! The rooms were clean and comfortable, and a separate and very convenient area was made available for hanging dive gear. The diving with Aqua Safari was superb also. My dive buddy and I are both very experienced divers with hundreds of dives at spots all over the world, but this was our first trip to Cozumel. The dive guides they use are incredible. They have been diving the reefs here their entire lives and know them like i know my own neighborhood. They pointed out marine life that we would probably never have seen, and truly made each dive an enjoyable and informative experience. Top notch! On a few of our days here, we dove with the cattle boat because thee weren't enough divers for the fast boat. This allowed us to see first hand how well the dive guides worked with new or inexperienced divers - again top notch. We really felt like "part of the family" while we were here, and would definitely stay and dive here again - and again - and again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are probably nicer for couples and families, but for those coming to dive any of their rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Safari Inn in Cozunel during our dive trip in December. This hotel is eactly what it is advertised to be...simple, basic, comfortable, and affordable.

The staff is amazingly friendly and willing to meet any request...including switching us to another room due to an issue with the plumbing in our first.

The bed is comfortable. AC works great. Towels are a little aged but clean ones are brought every day. Bottled water is provided for brushing your teeth etc and there is even a small Igloo cooler in each room if you want to keep cold beverages onhand. There is ice availble for purchase from the dive shop down stairs. The view from the front three rooms is an amazing ocean view. All the others look at the building next door but you are literally 50 feet from the beach if you need a good look.

If you are diving, the rooms are all tile which is a great convenience. Also, you are immediately across the street from the Aqua Safari Pier. You can also rinse and store your gear in the dive shop downstairs. This is a major convenince because there are no eleveators and gear gets heavy if you have to haul it to the third floor every day.

There are tons of restaruants and shops nearby (and lots that aren't centered around the cruieships within walking distance). The cab ride from the airport is only $7 or $8.

If you are looking for something resort like for your stay, this may not be the place for you. However, if you are looking for a clean and friendly place to sleep and eat in between dives. the Safari Inn is perfect and I definately recommend it!

Room Tip: Request the front rooms if they are available...much better view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dawnya H
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Location right above the diveshop at the beachfront saves some trouble when carrying gear back from the boat. Every time I stepped out of the hotel, I was surrounded by eager salesmen.

I booked a dive package for a week, and had a huge room all to myself. Pricey. Didn't manage to get hot water. The cleaning ladies did impeccable job.

They have lots of friendly staff at Aqua Safari. I was suprised by the lack of briefs, debriefs and buddychecks when diving, but felt safe and relaxed nevertheless. Would've hoped for lunch at the boat, since breakfast wasn't included and there's no kitchenette in the room.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Vahinko
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We booked a 5 nights/3 days diving package and could not be a happier! We went with another couple and they were happy to arrange for them to have the room next door. We had the ideal set-up here and we will return!! Our room had a huge balcony with a BEAUTIFUL sea view. The hotel is ideally located: the dive boat left from the dock right across the street. It is a short walk to a large grocery store, downtown, and many bars/restaurants. We rented a scooter for the time we were there, and they let us park it in a safe place behind the shop. Could not ask for more! This is the best value in Cozumel if you are a diver and like to be located right in the action!!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the room with the balcony/sea view! It is well-worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends