All reviews swim up bar rooms are clean nice pool area taxi ride to town dive resort air conditioner staying at this hotel beach area restaurant staff ocean view cruise ship towel animals plenty of lounge chairs scuba gear small beach each evening tennis courts
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice resort. Clean and all the necessities provided. First time to use this resort and I would definitely consider returning. It caters to divers which is nice and offers a dive shop and small beach for possible shore diving just across the street.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
CASADELMARCOZUMEL, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear buceodoc,
Thank you so much for staying at Casa del Mar Cozumel!! We appreciate your time for sharing your experience and we are definitely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you will consider to come back!!

We invite you to keep in touch with us through our social media, such as facebook page. instagram, twitter etc...where we share news, tips about Cozumel & our property...

We look forward to seeing you again !

Have a great week,

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Convenient location. Comfortable and scenic. Friendly, helpful staff. Surprisingly excellent fare in open air dining facility. Other restaurants within walking distance. Great diving! Professional dive masters at affiliate dive shop. We’ll definitely come again and recommend resort for families and non-divers as well as divers.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
CASADELMARCOZUMEL, Director of Sales at Casa Del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Anne M,
Thank you for your valuable time for sharing your experience at home. We are glad to know that you had a great time and that you will recommend our resort.
Your positive review motivate us to continue offering great service.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and for ranking us so highly. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in a future.
Don't foget to keep in touch with us through our facebook page.
See you very soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with friends. Had to repeatedly ask for doorknob to be repaired as the key didn’t work. They switched us to a different room, which was quite musty. The menu in the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. A lot. Bought the meal plan and only ate at their restaurant and their beach club....somebody dropped the ball as I acquired Montezuma’s Revenge mid-week and had to see a physician when I returned home. I asked at the bar about the source of their ice and water and was told “from the ocean” with quite an attitude. They provide bottled water in the rooms and in the restaurant, but there are no labels on the water bottles so the source is suspect.

The battle over towels was a joke. Asked for four towels, two a piece for two women. You would think their towels were hemmed in gold. Went to the front desk to get an extra towel mid-week because the maid only left three. I was given a towel, but was called as soon as I got back to my room wanting to know if I had any wet towels and they would send someone to get the wet towels. Then again at 10:30pm they called me again and wanted to know why we needed four towels. 10:30pm!! Only had one wash cloth the entire week until the last day.

Will not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
CASADELMARCOZUMEL, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear DiverOhio1961,
First of all, I would like to thank you for the valuable time you took for sharing your comments on tripadvisor community.
We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was less satisfactory.
I have reviewed in my files what was the report we had from your room, as a result, our staff recieved your report about the doorknob, we are very sorry if we took some minutes to get to your room, I have in my files that it was solved the same day, after few minutes you reported... I am taking note also about the next room you had & that you felt was quite musty. We live in an island, certainly the humidity on the island is quite; however, believe me we make our best effort to keep all our rooms in good conditions. I apologize for the issues you had with the rooms...
On the other hand, I have revised all our water bottles we provide in rooms & restaurant, in fact, all have the correct label, with all information you need, additionaly it mention the source & procces that is used to get purified water.

Finally, about your comments of bath towels, our protocol is to provide 1 bath towel, 1 face towel, 1 hand towel per person in the room. We have in our files that you were 2 people in your room. Our maid made the clean service everyday and made the neccesary changes in your room. At least if there was a confusion with our program we have where we invite to our guest to participate in the program of actions for the preservation of environment with the towels, sheets and pillowcases... I mean: If you DO NOT want to change them, for example: Towels: Please keep them hanging; otherwise please keep them on the bed. Maybe a confusion between you and our maid? The status of your room after your check out is that our maid cleanned your room & someday you had privacy. Also it was found extra bath towels in your room. Once again, we are very sorry about all these issues during your stay...

We sincerely thank you for your valuable time you invested for sharing your comments, we are aware that each comment from each guest is important & very valuable, bacause of them, these help us to improve in our services every day.

Once again, thank you. We hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Second year in a row to stay here. My husband and I have not gone diving with their group but, think the hotel is good. Basic accommodations and a good value. Friendly staff with nice amenities. Only drawback is restaurant doesn’t open until 7am and we get up early looking for coffee; restaurant has good food. About a $7 taxi ride to town if you don’t want to walk roughly 40 minutes, though the walk is not bad.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
CASADELMARCOZUMEL, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Krista J,

First of all, thank you for staying with us last july... And also, thank you for your the time you took for sharing your experience. We appreciate your positive comments.
Certainly our restaurant service is from 7am until 10:30 pm, however, the earliest we serve coffee is at 6:45 a.m...

Once again, thank you for your time and for your honesty. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Greatest place ever! Excellent People, Excellent Food and Excellent Diving! Love this place! Caesar makes great videos of our dives and Doctor Sanchez is one wild and crazy guy that we all love! Keep up the great work guys, hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: Its all good, I love this place...its our second home!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra C

Dear Sandra C,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments & your experience through this media.
We are glad to know that you had a great time with us and that you had fun during your dives!
We feel the good vibes by your comments and these motivate us to improve our services!

Thank you for your time & for the rating on tripadvisor. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again at home!

Best regards,