USD 186
USD 212
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
USD 765
USD 364
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
USD 163
USD 96
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
USD 94
USD 91
USD 242
USD 237
BestDay.com
Villas Las Anclas(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
USD 89
USD 173
USD 165
Priceline
USD 182
USD 118
1,957 results
All reviewsscuba duoutdoor showerreef roomalfredo di romael caribenole capocean suitefishbest hotel on the islanddive shopmain restaurantbreakfast buffetadult pooltennis courtsoutdoor restaurantocean frontprivate beach
Reviewed 17 July 2005

My wife and I just got back Saturday night! We found the El Presidente to be a very quiet relaxing hotel! We found room service to be impeccable to the point that you have to put the do not disturb sign out!

The beach and snorkeling was superb!!! We have snorkeled all over the world and found this to be amongst the best! (Along with being super conveinent!) We seen 2 large eagle rays swim by within a few feet, lots of fish, some huge barracuda, not to much coral but take the morning snorkeling trip from the resort and you will see magnificant coral!

We found breakfast to be good, all other meals were excellent! All the staff were super friendly! We had heard that they pushed the timeshare hard, but we were never bothered!

Their were a few flys and mosquito's but they certainly minor! I would go back again in a minute! Great vacation, we were scheduled to leave Saturday at 1:00 but thanks to American Airlines we didn't leave til 4:30! With the hurricane coming it made us a little nervous!

• Stayed: July 2005
9  Thank Timmm
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 July 2005

Stayed at the Presidente July 5th for 7 days. First of all it was very hot and humid down there with lots of mosquitos. You have to use "Off" bug spray. This hotel is very nice for Mexico standards,and worth it. The food is very expensive there. The morning buffet was $18.00 which I thought was too expensive. I went to town and had breakfast for under $25 for the three of us and it was good. There are plenty of restauants in the city to eat at.We rented a car from the hotel for 6 days and was only $195.00 excluding the insurance. They wanted an extra $225.00 for insurance which I declined. The car had air-conditioning which is a must and had no problems. The beach area of the hotel is the nicest one I have seen on the island and the best snorkeling right there. Another good place to snorkel is down the road from the hotel only a mile or so at a place called Azul-Ha. No charge here either. They have a covered patio where you can sit and eat lunch,have a beer or what ever and watch out over the carribean. The rooms are nice at the Presidente and if you want to upgrade you can and the cost varys which they will explain. I would no doubt stay here again. I could go on and on so any questions feel free to e-mail me. One other thing,I would suggest if you plan on renting a car here go to Hertz web site to book it. I did and the price is cheaper than if you were to rent it there.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Oak Lawn, IL
Reviewed 14 July 2005

This was our 5th visit to Cozumel over 25 years. As far as I'm concerned, the Presidente is the only place to stay if you like top drawer amenities. The dive operation is great. The shore dive right off the beach is great and it's a good snorkel too. There's beachfront restaurants and a spa. Everything you want is steps away. The woman next door to us arranged a sunset dinner on the beach with 3 musicians for her husband's birthday. I have to remember that next time we go. If you're looking for a mega resort experience with party people and a lot of noise, this place is not for you. But if you would like to avoid the loud drunks smoking in the pool and relax and dive in style, this IS the place. We've been all over the Carribean diving and this is the only place we have come back to more than once. We love Cozumel and this hotel. P.S. Make sure you rent a vehicle and take a ride around the island. The beadh drive is beautiful and the little restaurant/bar stops along the way are a bit of paradise.

• Stayed: June 2005
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2005

We went on our honeymoon to Cozumel and stayed at the Presidente from June 27- july 3. I must say i was quite impressed with it. The staff was wonderful and very friendly. They will help you out with anything. The rooms were very clean at all times. The room that we had was the ocean view room, which gaves us gorgeous sunset view..i think its in the 1500's. with our own balcony to sit out and watch. They also gave us a bottle of champagne because it was our honeymoon.The hotel has wonderful restaurants...the only thing is that there are alot of pesky flies that are around...but the food is very good. The downtown area is not that far at all. By cab its a 5 dollar ride. no more than 10 minutes away. This hotel has a wonderful snorkeling area....beautiful fishes, great place for this..and i think its one of the few hotels that actually has a beach of its own. The water is amazing..so clear you can see the bottom of it. The hotel also has a tour group and a rental car place...but honestly you can get better deals if you look around. But you have the convenience of having everything right there. There is a gym thats open 24 hours, and recently a new spa too. There is also a pool with plenty of chairs to lounge around...same with the beach area while we were there. The only other thing you should ask is about the resort fees...make sure that when you book to mention if it is included with your price. because you will have to pay it. I found this place beautiful and romantic. I would come back again without a doubt! Hope you enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: June 2005
8  Thank rosav77
Reviewed 10 July 2005

We stayed at the Presidente Hotel this time around, last year we stayed at the Melia, so that is what I have to compare.
I found the staff at the Melia much friendlier, The "all Inclusive" at the melia much cheaper, and the overall hotel of the Melia much nicer......but....you cant beat the ocean reefs at the Presidente!
Im having trouble writing this because I dont really have anything terrible to say about the presidente other than they had a very limited menu, high drink costs, and lots of mesquitoes at night, after being there for a few days we learned a couple of tricks, you can have free coffee with your wake up call. 2 for 1 drinks between 2 and 4pm. and if you eat in your room you dont have to pay a $2.00 "sitting "fee. YES a fee to sit and eat in the restaurant!!!. So long story short, either take a lot of money and injoy the ocean reefs or stay elsewhere and pay less for better service.
During our stay we went to Xcaret Park and swam with the dolphins, that is a must do for children and adults. I have been to the dolphin swim in cozumel and the Xcaret is far better with calm water, pretty views , and much more hands on time with the dolphins.
As for first time Scuba divers the "Scuba do" is the tour group to do.
As for fishing we went with Tony Loeza. (-------) and had a fantastic time and we actually caught a white marlin!!!!
We also rented a taxi for 3 hours ($50) to take us around the Island and show us the sights, that was really cool and we took pictures of all the hotels so we can try yet another place again next year. (trying to find that great hotel and great beach all together)
Love that Cozumel and will go back again and again, I have flown into Cancun and done the ground-ferry route twice, I think next time it will be a flight into cozumenl, you spend so much money trying to get from point A to point B that in the long run it is worth the few extra bucks to fly direct.
Again, bring tons of $1's and 5's and even 20's you use them alot for taxi's and tipping. I love to hear about Cozumel and welcome your e-mails with any Questions I might be able to answer, I even have some pics I could send of different places.
perichad@msn.com