1,981 results
All reviews scuba du outdoor shower reef room alfredo di roma el caribeno le cap ocean suite fish best hotel on the island dive shop main restaurant breakfast buffet adult pool tennis courts outdoor restaurant ocean front private beach
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel had a great beach with lovely views and the food was wonderful as well. The open air restaurant was a large palpa right on the beach so we enjoyed some lovely sunsets while dining as well as watching the cruise ships depart in the evening from the nearby international pier.The entire wait staff in the restaurant are so attentive. I could not have asked for a more pleasant staff. I loved all the fresh fruits and sweet breads available at breakfast, coming home was such a let down. The room was spacious and really lovely and we had a beautiful view of the ocean. Every evening after dinner my husband would walk the beach which was relaxing and a nice way to walk off some of the wonderful dinners. I wish we would have realized we really were only a couple miles walk to the international pier and down
town, we probably would have walked there more often. Taxi's can get pricey and so some days we just stayed put. We were there in early February 2012 and the weather was in the mid to high 70's.

Room Tip: Worth it to get a beach view, first floor beach rooms can walk right off their balconies right onto the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your february stay at our Resort. We feel very excited to know that you are planing to come back soon as well as we feel very honored for your kind words about our daily work.

I look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for many years. I hid my wife's engagement ring in the sunken barge in the lagoon. We were married on this property on the beach. It was intimate, lovely, and completely handled by hotel staff. One dear friend of many years Teodoro (now retired) was even gractious enough to be in our wedding as a witness. He worked at this hotel for 35 years and is a treasure. Manuel and his son Jesus work the bar to perfection. I've grown to know Manuel well and have become friends in the 20 years that he was worked at Presidente ICH. Ijust met Jesus last year and I was lamenting on my first day to him about where my old friend Manuel was. He told me he was on vacation and would be back in a few days. I later ran into him at Chedraui and learned that Jesus was indeed his son!
One year I had traveled there with a broken ankle and Jose the resident horticulturist would bring ice to my room every morning as he could see I had trouble carrying items with crutches. This is not even remotely in his duties however we would converse frequently about Flora as it's an interest of mine. This made another lasting friendship that I very much look forward to when I arrive.
Just a few examples of the cool people we have met over the years. This is a great reality about this property. It's a great gig for Cozumelenos so they stay on for many many years and you get to have friends that will certainly remember you as they have us. Enjoy, I love this place and more importantly the people.

Room Tip: Beach Front Superior is where it's at. Nice outdoor shower. Great BED!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kyle g

Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming and for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We really appreciate your kind words about our staff and service.

Your are totally right, as soon as your here, you feel like family place.

Hopefully we can have you back at this, your home away from home, in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our fourth time staying at the Presidente InterContinental in Cozumel. We've tried to go elsewhere, but this always wins because of the beautiful beach, the attentive service and the wonderful food at their restaurants.
We were there in early February of 2012 and enjoyed perfect weather.
This hotel is about a 10 minute drive to town, but that is one of the reasons we love it.
Of course, prices are resort prices, just as if you were staying in a big city in the states, so be prepared for that.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the ocean on the side with the larger beach. You're closer to the main pool and the outdoor dining area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time to sharing your experience you had. I am sharing your feedback with all my staff in order to take note about everything you kindly pointed about our service.

I look forward to see you in a near future celebrating the fifth time visit.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is the nicest place on Cozumel. Quiet and set apart from downtown, which is a 10 minute taxi ride. Gated entrance, you feel secure on arrival and there's a rather dramatic long drive up to the hotel from the street. Good snorkeling off the beach and easy shore dives with Scuba Du onsite. Restaurants are pretty expensive, particularly breakfast. It's easy to stop by the local grocery store (that carry Costco brands) for fresh fruit and pastries at great prices. Service at the restaurant is spotty but generally ok. We thought the italian restaurant on site was a better value than the main restaurant; and they had a great classical guitarist performing most nights. Housekeeping was very good, they mop the floors daily to ensure no sand is underfoot. They offer a very good exchange rate at the hotel so don't think you have to bring lots of pesos from home. We were always greeted by hotel staff around the property making us feel very welcomed. The resort was quiet when we were there but got busier when the President of Mexico was about to check in for a conference (the day we departed). We had a nice visit and would return.

Room Tip: rooms in the 5000's have great beach views
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at Presidente InterContinental Cozumel. We really appreciate your time.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcome you again very soon, to this is “su casa” in Cozumel.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a reef room right in front of the beach. I would definitely recommend the reef room for its proximity to the ocean. The walk through the hallways is long and boring. The nice thing about the reef rooms (beside the direct access to the beach) is that the room keys work on both the hallway door and the sliding patio door, so you can enter and leave through either door. We actually stayed in a two- bed reef room the first night (since the king beds were all taken) but moved to a king bed room the next day. The first room had pretty poor WIFI reception, but in the second room, it worked great. My only complaint about the property was the ants all over the patio, and the surprisingly bad snorkeling. I've heard the hurricane destroyed the reef, so that is not really the fault of the management. The staff on the property are fantastic... extremely pleasant and helpful.

The food was pretty good. We ate at the main Caribbean restaurant for several meals. The breakfast buffet was good, but if you are not a big eater or you don't feel like spending a ton of money on breakfast, you can order from their a la carte menu (much cheaper, different selection). We had buffet the first day and ordered from the menu the rest of the trip.

Trip to town is $8 by taxi, and taxis are very easy to find coming back. The downtown area has lots of restaurants... we ate at La Mission and Guido's and both were good.

I dove with the on-site dive shop ScubaDu and had a great time. I would dive with them again.

Room Tip: Reef rooms are on the quiet side of the beach... nice and private for couples.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Guest,

We really apreciated every single word you wrote on your comment, thank you very much for coming and hopefully we can have you back very soon.