My wife and I travel extensively. We are youngish and active and enjoy better accommodations. Not really frond of the over-the top country club feel of four seasons type resorts. We loved our four days and 3 night at Presidente at. The resort is 10-15 minute cab ride from the airport, 3 miles south of the southernmost cruise pier and has 24 hour security at the gate to enter. There was talk from some folks that this facility had been hit hard by the last big hurricane, but they must have rebuilt this understated beauty with greater detail than ever because we saw no signs of wear and tear.
We chose the "reef" rooms for their beach front location so we could hear the ocean from our room-we could. The room was well appointed with robes, wonderful bath amenities, safe, fully stocked mini bar and large flat screen tv. Free Wifi worked everywhere on the resort. When we checked in, the desk agent asked if we would like to upgrade to the reef suite for 1/2 the difference to the suite's price. Nice of them to ask actually, but we opted to stay on our budget. In our room, and this entire section, we had our own hammock on our porch. We used it and the palapa/chaise lounges 10 feet in front of out room often. Simply raise a flag at your palapa and a waiter comes in a few minutes.
The grand palapa roof restaurant is where we ate breakfast (good buffet) each morning. It's right on the ocean and a great place to wile away the hours if you'd like to avoid the rain, which we did the last day of our trip. The waitstaff is incredibly attentive and exceptionally well-trained and nice. We also ate at the Alfredo's Italian restaurant on site as well. It was exceptional. Incredible wine list and homemade pasta that was as good as any you'll find in the states or Italy.
We also did a couples massage at the Spa. Facilities great, options creative and priced appropriate to this resort. We loved it. Great steam room and waterfall seated tub. Sweat room available with a shaman leader that will get smoke in your eyes and make you right with the world(we didn't do that treatment though).
We did manage to get off property and ate at Pepe's grill one night (great dinner) and rented a car from the Thrifty desk at the Presidente and spent Saturday rounding the island, ate at Coconuts and stopped at nice beaches on the East side of the Island to relax and drink a beer.
We were at the resort at the beginning of low season, which meant it was 25% full maybe. Just a guess, but we could say that the way the place is laid out, there are so many places to find your own palapa or beach chair or just dive into the water from one of 4-5 jetties on the property into the aqua blue water to snorkel the reef 20 feet from the property. It's incredibly well appointed and designed to increase privacy for all those that wish, or you can hang by the main beach area where the bar and snack bar is and swim in their protected cove. Oh!, there is a great large pool for all guests near the palapa restaurant and another adults only pool in the center of the resort.
We really enjoyed it and would think this is the best of the best on Cozumel. COZ is not known for its upscale stuff... it's more of a diving, fishing and cruise-stop destination for most of the visitors to the Island. We found the Presidente an incredible destination. We will go back again.
1 detraction: i'm not a fan of "club" or time share sales techniques. Thought we had rid ourselves of them at the airport. There is a desk at the Presidente to grab your attention and try to convince you to spend 2-3 hours with a sales person. Not enough time on our vacation to even be pleasant to the folks manning the desk:sorry!
A side note: I've not had better service or attention than that from the head concierge, Jorge Luis Gutierrez. Incredibly attentive and always one step ahead of our needs without being smothering. he'll go far in this business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente