“A Great Day on the Water!”

Cozumel Flats Fishing with Alex
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had a fantastic time fly fishing for bonefish with Alex, he's a knowledgeable Cozumel guide, highly recommend!

1  Thank minnphatts
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have had the pleasure to fish Alex and Alex jr. many times(15-16) over the last10 years or so. They are always prompt and waiting for you when you get off the ferry in Coz. A short drive north to the boat launch for Passion Island and you are on your way to the mangroves and wading areas. Depending on the weather and wind Alex has many areas to cast a fly comfortably. Alex and one of his employees, Victor, had the pleasure of showing and tuning up my casting technique and my ability to spot roving bonefish. They are even able to chase the odd permit. These guys are great, respectful, fully english speaking and tuned to the area in which they fish.
I would highly recommend a day with Alex if you are in Cozumel. Be it from cruiseship or if staying on Cozumel or in Playa Del Carmen even. This guide is one of the best on Cozumel.

1  Thank MrMassey
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Signed up for the 6-hour trip.  Alex and Alex Jr. were my guides.  Alex was very responsive to my email questions.  I am somewhat new to fishing.  Father and son gave me casting instruction and did the sightings for me.  Alex Jr. hooked a bonefish and let me reel it in (with more instruction, of course!).  It was thrilling.  And very satisfying to release the fish back into its home.  On the way back, there was a very turquoise patch of shallow water which would have been purr-fect for a swim.  Next time.