All reviews washer and dryer condo complex gated community rental car through vrbo great condo wrap around balcony comfortable furniture living room paradise beach taco stand minute drive dining table daily maid service beach towels except sunday full kitchen
Reviewed 31 March 2011

The condos are nice but there are only two small pools for four buildings of condos.
March is spring break and there are tons of kids of all ages running , screaming, splashing and using floats. Little if any room to swim and certainly not a quite peaceful sunbathing experience. The beach water is mildly rocky and with sea grass. The Aura and Wyndham hotels adjoin the property so a fair amount of beach traffic. Still trying other spots in Cozumel to see if there is somewhere more secluded and adult. Only a few dogs and I am told only condo owners are allowed to have them on the property. Could be worse but could be better.

3  Thank caribefish
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Residencias Reef Condos were beautiful, clean and right on the water. My partner and I stayed in 8130 on the first floor, but had access to the roof-top as well, which was pretty nice. The pools are great and the beach is good for lounging, but the water wasn't exactly what I was expecting for swimming (but the pools made up for that!).

The only negative comment I have would be about the condo appliances, as they were on the cheap side (our blender didn't really work, either).

There were not lots of dogs there, and the dogs that were there were quiet and well behaved. There were a decent about of children though - definitely a family style condo. I felt very safe here and am glad to have stayed outside of the main, cruise-ship terminal areas. We rented a car and would definitely recommend doing that if you plan on going anywhere around the island.

3  Thank WineDash317
Reviewed 17 March 2011

This place is fabulous! Two beautiful pools, magnificently clean grounds, wonderful condo with granite counters and stainless appliances. My husband and I LOVED this place and have already booked for next year. It's clean, homey, roomy and absolutely wonderful place. I was tempted to write a bad review so we could keep this place a secret all to ourselves and keep other travelers away, but it's just too beautiful not to share. This is the first time I've ever written a review, and we've traveled the world, but this property is just so nice, I had to let people know.

2  Thank Laura33514
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We could not have had a better time on the island. Everything was first class. Much better than a hotel room. We had no exposure to any of the pet problems mentioned in one review. Management was friendly and very responsive. (They spoke English very well) Residencias Reef is highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mhandy
Reviewed 27 February 2011

My husband and I just stayed in condo 5210 from 2-12 thru2-19.
we found the grounds and pools really clean and pretty. the place was really very quiet and relaxing . we met one couple who's condo was below ours ( we were on the second floor) they had two small dogs, and only a few times during the week did we hear any barking and then just for a few minutes. we were gone pretty much every day exporing the island so maybe that's why we saw no cats or lots of dogs?? anyway our condo was great , it is a studio , perfect size with a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc.. the only issue we had was how hard the bed was. but the 2nd day we called the manager and asked for a foam egg crate type mattress pad , it was on the bed that day when we returned from our roaming. the condo is very pretty with a nice bathroom with pretty tile and a shower. the view from the balcony is pure bliss. we thought the condo was perfect. we did rent a car and town is 15mins away but easy driving ... no rush hour etc (LOL) we reccomend this condo and will hopefully will go back .
also a side note, we were a little nervous about going to mexico, this was our first time. I had been on trip advisor for about a year learning about the island and where to stay and things to do.so I read over and over how safe the island was. I must TOTALLY agree. we never felt unsafe anywhere on the island, we even took the ferry to Playa del Carman , everywhere we went, the people were helpful and friendly.
Truly NO WORRIES.