“A lot of fun”
Review of Pirate Assault

Reviewed 30 November 2009

Had a great time with the pirate assault. Very interactive for both the kids and the adults.

1  Thank TS_NY

Reviewed 27 August 2009

The travel agent in our hotel recommended this dinner cruise for us instead of the Captain Hook tour we initially requested. Unfortunately, we trusted him and booked it. The minute we stepped on the boat, we knew it was a huge mistake but we were STUCK for FOUR HOURS in pirate hell! The boat was old and run-down, the show was hokey and corny, and the drinks were disgusting and watered down. The food in the buffet was okay, but not worth the $99 per person we paid. Luckily we paid extra for the lobster, which was the only thing we enjoyed the entire night. As far as the show, it was so cheesy, and the actors/dancers looked miserable, like they were just going through the motions. The staff/servers were nice and accomodating but it didn't make up for the waste of one of our nights in Cancun and the money we lost. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

10  Thank cdmackenzie
Reviewed 5 November 2007

The Pirate Assault was okay. There were a lot of spanish speakers on our night so a lot of the jokes were told in spanish only. I speak both spanish and english so I was able to understand them but my english-only boyfriend missed a lot of the jokes and felt left out a bit. Also even though they kept the drinks coming, the drinks barely had any alcohol in them. I drank all night and didn't even have a buzz. The entertainment was also a bit cheesy. While I don't regret doing the Pirate Assault, I don't think I would recommend it to my friends. Take your money and go to Coco Bongo instead!

Also, it poured on our night and they still took us out so don't be concerned about it being rained out.

2  Thank HLSTravelers
Reviewed 17 October 2007

We just came back from Cancun Oct. 15th. There were 15 in our group ages 25 to 75yrs. old. The boat made my mother-in-law very sea sick so beware if you are queasy at all. The infirmary that they took her to on the island is laughable. We went on the double decker boat. The crew was very fun and tried to make you enjoy yourselves. But the pirates attacking the boat was very hokey and just not my style. It would probably entertain your young children, but then again I don't think you want your young children to experience all the get drunk and party part. All of the drinks were very watered down and the food was not good. Much better selection at your hotel buffets. In all, not worth the 65.00 to go on. We would have been better off just trying to rent a boat for just our big family group. The only plus was that the staff was really trying to help you have a fun time.

1  Thank cdkofkan
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2007

The previus review gave a good description of this tour. We had a super great time. We booked this tour from cancuntips.com and paid 143us for the four of us without transportation. If you plan to book any tours from the web I advice you check your e mail before you take
your tour, just to make sure it does't get cancel.

We stayed in Playa Del Carmen took a bus to Cancun once you get to the terminal take a cab or take a bus (it charges like 6 pesos the equivelent is 60 cent in us) to Playa Tortugas.

Comming back from Isla Mujeres there was mainly hispanic music playing in the boat. I personally think this is a good thing cause we
are in Mexico, some might not like it, but others like to watch and sometimes join in the fun. So it depends on what kind of person you are. The food,drink, entertainment are good but the service is excellent. We liked their service so maybe next time we visit, we'll do the funday day trip. (pics are not posted in order)

1  Thank mari610