Club Regina Cancun
USD 506*
Hyatt.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
USD 528*
USD 315*
USD 267*
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
USD 800*
  • Pool
USD 520*
USD 361*
galahotels.com
All reviewshotel zonegrand suiteclub med beachactivities directortwo bedroom unitconvenience storean older propertysmall resortthe bus systemtimeshare resortan ocean view roomlagoon sideentertainment staffbeautiful beachfull kitchenspent a weektimeshare presentation
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I were at the Club Regina from 1/22/12 to 1/29/12 and enjoyed it immensely and will return. We were very impressed with Jorge the entertainment director. He has a great deal of energy and always getting something going. Our favorites were the daily bike ride at 9:30am and the Karaoke which is on Sunday and Wednesday nights. We also enjoyed the pool side happy hour and the shrimp fajitas.
Thanks Jorge for making this a great vacation!!
Brian and Jane from Chicago!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

A friend and I recently went to Cancun for a girls trip and stayed at the Club Regina. We had such an amazing time getting to know the time share holders that come stay every year and participating in all the fun activities the entertainment staff provided! The entertainment staff made sure we had a great time and we did! We could not have asked for a more fun entertainment staff and hope we can come back to see our new friends again soon!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We were at Club Regina for 9 days and were treated so well we didn't want to leave. Jorge was there every day to play blackjack,poker, volleyball, soccer. Aldo came in the middle of our stay and is a great addition to the entertainment staff. Both these guys worked extremely hard to make sure we were happy and were the best part of our stay! We met great people we will never forget Jorge,Aldo, Diana, Marlena, Phillipe, Ivan, thank you for a trip we won't forget.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The review is a revision of my Jan 2010 review of the Club Regina Cancun property. Club Regina is managed by Raintree Vacation Club (RVC), and is an aging property. It is quiet, small and cozy, and a lot of the RVC members (of which I'm one) I talked to come down for 4-12 weeks every year. Of course, that means they're retired and want to get away from the snow. My wife and I are in our 50's, and we were among the youngest guests there.

The beach, which I classified as "perfect" in Jan 2010, is FAR from perfect now. It has eroded away all the way to the concrete wall at the pool area, and drops about 6 feet in spots. Apparently Cancun had two near misses during the 2011 Hurricane season, and the erosion was horrific. My wife and I walked the beach a bit, and it seems to be the only time-share resort affected (also the Westin Hotel next door). If you love laying on a beach, I do not recommend the Club Regina right now.

Our room was average, but the Club needs a lot of maintenance work. It is aging badly, and during the second week of our stay, we had the maintenance crew in our room daily. The water was very rusty at times, and the showers fluctuated between scaulding and freezing. The rooms are oriented badly, so the rooms on the Ocean side are in the shade in the winter months from about 9 AM on. The pools are in the shade from about 10 AM on.

The staff was friendly and accomodating, and the activities Director, Jorge, was fun. He got people up and moving, and worked with aging guests and equipment well. My wife loved the (tiny) spa, and she wanted to take the Massuer, Israel, home with us! The Hotel manager was always courteous, and worked hard to make our stay comfortable, despite the material condition of our room. The rooms look nice, but the hotel infrastructure is aging, and needs to be renovated. The Kitchens have recently been updated, and there are new refrigerators, countertops, Microwave/Convection ovens, range tops, and cabinets. All the TVs are HD plasmas, and the sofas and tables are in good condition.

The beds are TERRIBLE, however. The matresses are hard as bricks, and the linens were all stained to various degrees. We pulled the blankets back on the first night, and there large black stains on our sheets. We complained to the night manager, and new sheets were quickly brought to the door. Despite their promptness at replacing the sheets, these sheets should never have been placed on a guest bed.

My final thoughts on this property are that it is quiet and restful, the hotel has an attentive staff, and the food was adequate; however, the physical plant is aging and needs to be closed for a period of time for a top to bottom renovation - especially its plumbing infrastructure. The beach needs to be replaced, but that probably entails working with the Government of Mexico or the State of Quintana Roo.

Room Tip: In the winter Months, get a room facing the lagoon because you get afternoon sun and a beautiful sunset. Avoid rooms on the first floor facing the pool, especially if you have kids. you step out of your sliding glass doors directly into the pool. Avoid rooms 3110 (in the corner, terrible view) and 3325/3326 (terrible plumbing). Room 3316 was nice (where we were moved after our pipes broke in the bathroom), but was over the parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fellowtraveler72
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Based on the reviews on read on Tripadvisor I was expecting the worse. Club Regina is no luxury resort but it is nice, clean, and comfortable. I have pretty high standards and had no issues spending 7 days at this resort. If you are interested in thrill and frills and lots of entertainment then this isn't the resort for you. But if you're looking for a great value comfort place for you and your family to enjoy a nice vacation Club Regina will do.

The only negative thing I could say about Club Regina was their restaurants are not the best. They are affordable but not really tasty. Go off the resort to experience really good food. There are so many good places to eat in just a short bus ride away. Also it's perfectly fine to catch the bus. It's really cheap, they come pretty frequently, and they're easy to follow. I believe they go in a circle.

Also this is a timeshare resort. We were asked once to listen to a presentation. We declined and wasn't asked again.

I hope this evaluation is helpful. I was honest and really wanted to give a true description of Club Regina.

• Stayed: November 2011