“Good but can be even better”
Review of Kosher Cancun

Kosher Cancun
Ranked #318 of 1,198 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 January 2018

This was the better option for kosher food in Cancun. The two restaurants, Red Heifer and Dag Dag, were not good (see my reviews of them on trip advisor). However, the menu during Yeshiva week is extremely limited; only one option and pretty much all meat or chicken (there was falafel one night). The problem is not everyone can eat meat or chicken. Also, children are sometimes picky eaters and may not like the option. t would be great to have a fish or vegan option as well. That said, I do appreciate having the ability to have food delivered to our apartment. The first time the food was excellent, the other times, just alright. It would be wonderful if the Chabad community in Cancun could get their act together so that religious visitors could enjoy a selection of food during their visit.

This may be a great option, but not during Yeshiva week, when a full menu is available and Kosher Cancun is not overwhelmed.

Fortunately, I brought food for my children from the States so we were able to manage. Otherwise, it would have been quite difficult as the kosher food selection during yeshiva week is very limited.

Date of visit: January 2018
rldruk, other at Kosher Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

thank you so much for your feedback! we would love for you to come back and try our regular menu when it is not the chaotic week of yeshivah week! as for chabad of cancun getting their act together in regards to kosher food, chabad of cancun is primarily here to service the local jews with their religous needs and we are happy to be able to provide this service as well.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We ordered kosher meals delivered to our resort in Cancun for my son. Kosher Cancun was very reasonable, reliable and he was very happy with the food. Thank you, Kosher Cancun!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 13 December 2017

To have hot food delivered by Rebbetzin Chaya to our hotel in Riviera Maya is worth 6 stars. The schnitzel was delicious (large portion). Apricot and herb chicken were both outstanding. The Moroccan salmon was superb (large portion, though a tad spicy for my Ashkenazi palate). Even the side dishes of rice, mashed potatoes, and string beans were carefully & gently spiced with love. Communication is suboptimal but they seem to be improving their website. Furthermore, Chaya called us to let us know that we were getting our food exactly what/when/where we requested even though the payment was not confirmed due to a computer glitch. Everything perfectly wrapped and labeled.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 30 November 2017

My wife and I got a great deal on staying at a resort in Cancun from a timeshare promotion. We were very happy that we could order kosher meals that would be delivered to our resort. We enjoyed the salmon meals, the Mexican burger and a couple of other choices. It was great to not have to take a cab or bus to go out and eat.
The food was tasty and came securely double wrapped and taped with tamper proof tape. It's under Chabad supervision.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 15 July 2017

What a luxury it was having this food option available for us on our recent trip to Cancun! We twice ordered lunch from them to be delivered to our hotel. Being that our hotel does not let them deliver to our room, the only downside was that I had to meet the taxi outside the gates of our hotel and the first time he was close to 1/2 hour late. The second time he was on time. The lunches were packed very well and were excellent. I had a hamburger w/ guacamole which was plentiful and delicious. My wife had the salad with chicken which she also really enjoyed. We also ordered a chicken taco which was very dry and not worth it. The prices were not bad, and it was well worth the $15 delivery fee to have it brought to us (it's vacation after all!), and being able to have a hot lunch at our hotel was really awesome. We also ordered lunch to take to the airport and they packaged it very well. This time I had the caesar salad with schnitzel and it was really great and satisfying. I will definitely use them again next time I go to Cancun.

Date of visit: July 2017