Paradisus Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
10,325 results
All reviewsmarket grillroyal servicemoleblue agavefamily conciergebali bedsavenue barnaos restaurantyhi spakids zonedinner reservationsmain pyramidpersonal butlerocean viewsushibutler servicetacos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Let's get it right, I am baffled by other reviews, this place is average at utter best. Yes the staff are friendly, when they understand you ( lots of nodding and smiling, not so much compression.) We stayed in Pyramid 3 on the 6th floor, on the first night we asked to be moved. Why? the Nightclub can be heard until 2am, imagine the local station car park full of boy racers, then at 9am the drilling started for the renovation work. Unfortunately they had no other rooms available. The breakfast buffet was nice, which was good because the rest of the food was typical All Inclusive rubbish. Apart from the Royal Service, pool bar which was ok. Coffee machines did not work, neither did the bath, and if you value your clothes was them when you get home, had to skip an Eaton shirt! Oh and the sun goes down at 5.....after that, there's not a lot to do! There must be better?????

Room Tip: AVOID PYRAMID 3 or the Hotel, your choice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tractorstant
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We truly apologize if our options and service took away from the wonderful experience you and all our guests deserve.

Everyone at the Paradisus Cancún Resort aspire to ensure that all of our guest receive an exceptional experience ; we regret that we did not achieve this goal.

We hope that one day you will afford us an opportunity to restore your confidence in the Paradisus Cancún. Please feel free to contact us.

Happy Holidays!!
All the best

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Do not hesitate about choosing Paradisus Cancun...Pack your bags and go !!
Just spent 7 days in the Royal Service section and it was all so magnificent.From the lovely "Lu-Lu" at check in, my smiley butler "Samuel" ((SAM)),the terrific servers,fantastic "Octavio" and his side kick "Rogelio" - top notch customer service from all.The rooms are great, grounds are spectacular and the inside decor is breathtaking, not the mention the wonderful pools and Bali beds.A special thank you to"David"at the pool concierge who always ensured our comfort was key.We even opted to stay at the pool daily rather than walk the few steps to the beautiful ocean..We dined at all the restaurants including the buffet and all were phenomenal...Even drank the water,no issues.If your looking for some R & R, Royal Service is a must.Do not adhere to any negative comments about Paradisus Cancun, for it is truly PARADISE.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank GINA2014
PDCR, Quality Department at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us!

The hotel was pleased to have been the choice for your stay. Glad you enjoyed the Resort.

Our team will look forward to welcome you again

With Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Spent 10 days here at the beginning of November (2013), regular prices are a little more than our usual budget but we found a very good (and early: April 2013) promotion on BookIt.com – only USD 5 more per day/person for Royal Service at the time, easy pick unless travelling with children.
The complex is impressive, and with a very good beach frontage (just look at the new hotels nearby, like Secrets the Vine, for a comparison). It’s very well organized and managed; of course we were here in low season so very high occupancy rates might put some pressure.
We asked in advance for a high floor room and early check-in – we got them but a back pain attack right before the trip (my spouse had to use a cane) made a change to a larger room on the lowest floor the best upgrade ever.
The service is amazing: had great interactions with Eric (our butler), Vanessa (concierge – also great service from Natalia and Lulu), Susana and her team at the Royal Service pool restaurant (Francisco, Rogelio, Javier, Octavio and everybody else – the cook is an unsung hero on weekends), David for the pool beds/towel service and many others.
The restaurants are all excellent (Tempo is in a league of its own, I’ll write a separate review), just be aware that at Vento “outside” and at Bana it can get hot/sticky in the evening. The lighting at Bana is very dim, the waiter is bringing you a flashlight to check the menu (so it’s not only my age). I’ve also enjoyed the Pyramid 5 lounge in the afternoons/evenings. Try Blue Agave for some different margaritas: cucumber or hibiscus, or many others.
A couple of weak points: open (indoor) spaces can’t be cooled as well as the closed ones, evening entertainment is weak (and I see no space around to be converted into a real disco or theatre), and the pools can be deep (the Royal Service one IS 1.80 metres deep in the middle, look for the dark blue floor area).
Resort credits are not free money (and one shouldn’t expect them to be) but the food credit ones can be used without additional charges or minimal ones. You may use one credit per dinner (not two for two persons), and you don’t get “change” back if more than the expense (no surprise). The lobster (9’’ to 14’’) is usually less than USD 50, the steaks are more. The surcharge menus are on a small separate list, not on the restaurant menus (it might be the same list for all restaurants). The food prices include the taxes but not the service charges: if the list says MXN 550, then it’s 500 the price, plus 50 as 10% tax – and then a 15% (out of the 500) is added as service charge. If I’m not mistaken, wine list prices do not include the tax, so expect 25% more on the bill. A USD 50 credit for spa could be used only against a USD 140 (or more) treatment (and then taxes/service charges).
The water ritual is free for Royal Service guests once per day (closed when it rains) – it’s a little dated and in a rather small area, happily most people ignored it during our stay.
If you like walking, outside the amazing beaches there are a couple of good choices (up to 3 Km / 2 miles each way) along Blvd. Kukulcan (great sidewalks): north to the Kukulcan Mall and then La Isla Mall, or south to a Maya museum and then an archeological site further away.
Great resort!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

Nice to hear that the Resort were comfortable for your stay and you enjoyed the Paradisus Cancún experience.

Our team is committed to extend the world class hospitality, excellent services and wonderful meal experience to its guests. Your recognition of our efforts motivates us.

We will look forward to welcome you again

With Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 November 2013

A disappointing experience, so many problems:

1) I arrived and was promised an upgrade to a room with a Jacuzzi and ended up in an old rom that made me feel like I was at a dime store hotel. After complaining to reception they moved me into a new room which matched what I had reserved but the experience of being told you are given an upgrade and then being given a downgrade is not acceptable, even if they did put me back in the room I had reserved.

2) The restaurant reservation service is rediculous. I arrived back at the hotel after being out and about and went to guest services to make a reservation as I had arrived at 4:55 and the reservation service shuts down at 5. Guest services was busy and couldn't attend to me right away. When they were able to help me at 5:01 I was told the reservation service was down and I couldn't have a reservation.

3) The restaurant service was also horrible and after one night of dining at the restaurants I couldn't bring myself to go back. I ate at Bana which I should add was 3/4 empty at the time. So amazing that they couldn't make reservations after 5. It wasn't like the restaurants were hoping. Then the food was lack luster and didnt seem fresh and on top of that the service was awful. I was traveling alone and as such dining alone. I expect restaurant service to be tailored to the customer. If you are there in a group or with a significant other I can see long waits between courses, but to wait over 30 minutes for an appetizer consisting of 3 dumplings and then another 40 minutes for a main course of four sushi rolls, when I was obviously sitting alone awkwardly in an empty restaurant was an embarrassment to the hotel. After that I could not get myself to go back.

4) I was going to use the spa services but ended up not doing so after the restaurant service and seeing the exorbitant prices.

5) The pool bar did not have many non-alcoholic options. I do not drink alcohol and while yes all-inclusives are often taken as an excuse to get drunk and party I was paying for a more expensive all inclusive to avoid that atmosphere. I was sadly surprised to see that pool bar staff had a very limited repertoire which was pretty non existent for non-alcoholic options. Generally places have a few non-alcoholic mocktails and here it was bad daquiris or piña coladas.

On the good side, Ignacio on the reservation line was spectacular. If only the rest of the experience was like dealing with reservations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
7  Thank Robert M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry if we in any way fell short of fulfilling the experience you anticipated. . If you could share any details on what we could do in the future to ensure that we exceed your expectations, we would certainly be grateful.

As much as we would love to be the perfect hotel for everyone, we also recognize that every traveler has different requirements and depending on what you are looking for, our hotel may not be the right fit for your needs. However, if there is something we can address, we would be pleased to. We embrace this opportunity to connect with the TripAdvisor community in this way, as we regularly make genuine improvements to our service that are inspired by our guests insights.

We hope you will reconsider staying with us on your next trip to the area.

Happy Holidays!
Gracias.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I love the beach, so I go to Mexico at least twice every summer. I prefer Cancun to everywhere else in Mexico, and I always choose all-inclusive resorts in the Hotel Zone. I think all-inclusive hotels are a great deal, regardless of higher airfares or the economy.
I found a good rate for the Paradisus Cancun (our group of six people stayed for 6 days / 5 nights). This was our first stay at this hotel, and we enjoyed every minute of our vacation. The level of service from management and staff was excellent.
HOTEL: The hotel appears to have been built in the 1980’s, but is still in very good condition. The staff was polite and professional. Almost every staff member I passed greeted me. The hotel was very clean, and we frequently saw employees cleaning and tending to the grounds.
ROOMS: We had three rooms: all three were in the main building (Bldg 3), two rooms faced the lagoon; the other people in our party upgraded at the front desk to an oceanfront room. Each room had double beds, a nice flat screen TV, mini bar fridge that was stocked daily, and a digital safe.
FOOD: The food was excellent in the buffet and in the premium restaurants. We were usually able to get reservations for the premium restaurants at night, but you must call from your room to get reservations for the following night’s dinner. We particularly enjoyed the “Bana” Asian restaurant and the “Mole” Mexican restaurant. Note: When you go to the buffet or the Market Grill restaurant, you will usually have an awesome view of the ocean.
POOLS & BEACH: The pool was very nice. Plenty of lounge chairs, if you get there in the morning. The pool has a nice swim-up bar. Oddly enough, there was very little entertainment in the pool area compared to the many other Cancun hotels I have stayed at. There was some music playing in the afternoons, but I was surprised at the lack of a lively “entertainment team” like the other hotels offer. The hotel did set up an outdoor poolside buffet in the afternoons, which was very convenient.
The ocean and beach area were fine, and the sand and water were very nice. This is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Cancun hotel zone.
BARS: We usually had no trouble ordering drinks. The drinks were very good (we drank Bacardi, Captain Morgan, or Absolut). The swim-up bar was fairly busy, but we never waited more than a minute to get drinks. The drinks were always good and strong. The bartenders will usually remember what you drink.
ENTERTAINMENT: The hotel had good evening entertainment, and shows were different each night. The entertainment didn't start until 9 PM. There was also a disco/club in the main building that was very lively each evening, and the young adults in our party enjoyed going there.
Overall, this is an excellent hotel, one of the best of the dozen or so I have stayed at in Cancun. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to friends.
I would also like to mention that even though many hotels here are completely "all-inclusive", I always bring $200 or more in US $1 and $5 bills for tipping the waiters and housekeeping staff. I find that I get better service and I hope makes a small difference for the people in Mexico who work hard for much less dough than we make in the US.
Note: I booked this trip through Cheap Caribbean and had great service from that company.

Room Tip: The default room choice will have a nice view of the lagoon and main boulevard. Nice sunsets. For an upgrade, you can get a ocean view room, which overlooks the pool, and you can watch the sun rise over the beautiful Caribbean Sea.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Marcus85204

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and appreciate your details of the hotel. Glad that Paradisus Cancún Resort satisfied your needs!!.

We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Kind Regards,