USD 434
HotelsClick
USD 344
Cancelon
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 515/night.

5,800 results
All reviewsadult villasvip restaurantsports barcappuccino barspecialty restaurantsjacuzzi on the balconykrystal restauranttamalessteakadults only sectionocean viewisla mujeresdays in advancemain buildingbeach arealiquor dispensermain buffet
Reviewed 17 August 2017

On arrival we were upgraded to a superior view on the 14th floor for free because it was my birthday the view was amazing. the hotel is 5 star throughout.The cleaners are working all day long The buffet restaurant was fabulous so much choice we also tried the Italian and the Steakhouse which we enjoyed a lot. We have no negative comments at all.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank loveholidays763
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We travelled as a family of four with two children, ages 5 and 11, for a one week stay at the Riu Palace Peninsula. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel to other families. We travel as a family to Mexico once per year. We always stay in all inclusive and have never stay in the same place twice. My opinions are typically based on comparisons between all resorts we have stayed in.

We contacted the concierge prior to our stay and asked for a Riuland and RiuFun daily schedules. This worked out great seeing that nothing is given to you at the resort to help plan your days. We were able to plan our adult time based on Riuland activities that the kids were interested in.

The rooms can be small for a family of four. We were very happy that we were able to upgrade to a jacuzzi suite...it made the trip! We stayed for one night in a regular room and felt on top of each other. The jacuzzi suite gave us plenty of space and the balcony was to die for. We spent many evenings and nights on it while the kids slept! I wish the Riu would market these rooms to families! If they put sofabeds in the jacuzzi suites...they would be perfect!!! There was also more privacy in this room for changing clothing.

Hands down the best restaurant was Isla Mujeres. We would often see Salvadore there in the morning and at night. He is amazing! If you are lucky enough to find his oceanfront room for breakfast...you will go there every morning! He also helped throughout the day and night in that restaurant. Ask for the surf and turf...not on the menu... but readily available.

The buffet was okay...kind of disappointing after reading how great it was. The lobster during the Gala night on Thursday was extremely salty...Isla Mujeres was much better. Service was often the worst in the buffet, sadly.

Italian is open with the same menu for lunch that it has for dinner. Definitely worth trying. The appetizer bar was very good and a meal in itself.

Was disappointed in the Japanese. Took forever, multiple people left because it took so long, and the food was not that great.

We were not able to eat at the fusion restaurant as my husband refuses to wear long pants while at the beach on vacation.

Pools and Beach were gorgeous and well maintained. The beach area on the rocky side was our favorite...plenty of beach area to get in and enjoy the warm water! Never had a problem getting a shady seat which is a problem at so many other resorts!!!!! We did not notice the pool bar being smelly or discolored by the end of the day

The entertainment team was amazing! My five year old fell in love with Itzel! He had to find her before we left to give her one last hug. It was so nice to see the team interact with all people in a fun way. They treated my children like gold and were fun with all us adults too! The foam party was a blast...but the water balloons were scary for my little guy...we had to party in the calmer side of the foam party after getting hit a couple times. The beach party was also fun...until it started to pour down rain! But, as soon as the rain stopped the music started up again and people had a great time.

Speaking of rain...one day was a rain day and I was very impressed with how the hotel handled everyone being stuck inside. They brought out casino tables, had activities in the theatre and had games all over the lobby. The entertainment team kept the fun going!

We were very impressed with the hotel. Our room helped our overall impression of the resort...well worth the minimal upgrade cost. Wish we could have reserved it from the beginning! The staff is very nice and do their best to help with whatever you need. We were probably the most unimpressed with the food...but in reality...we were always able to find something to eat that we liked and really met some nice people who helped take care of us at the restaurants. Well done RPP!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Travelling as a family group of six, all adults, we have just returned from staying three weeks. We all loved it. It surpassed expectations. The choice of food is vast, even the fussy eaters will find something to eat everyday. The rooms are well equipped and kept very clean - we had two junior suites on the 9th Floor. The hotel is a modern and impressive building and is kept immaculately clean due to the amazing team of cleaners who are constantly on top of things. All the bar staff and waiters were very attentive and we were very well looked after, whether you tipped or not. We loved the 24 hours Sports Bar (despite the smell of food on entering). We enjoyed the nightly entertainment, especially Michael Jackson and the Elegance show, and we particularly enjoyed the shows run by the Riu Animation Team. They made the holiday perfect for us. They work extremely hard all day to make sure everyone has a great time and are a vital part of the fun factor. They are very well led by Linda who is a marvel! A big shout out to party boy Miguel - go on the party bus to the clubs, you won't regret it, and he'll look after you superbly! Thank you to all the Team - Alex, Alexis, Angel, April, Itsy, Jackie, Danny, crazy Raul, sorry if I've missed somebody off, they are all brill). We left feeling very spoilt and will definitely be returning. Absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: You don't have to tip, 20 Pesos or a Dollar here and there is a must I think.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank hazelmc36
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed here as part of a wedding party and really enjoyed it. This was the first all inclusive I've done and it was a good experience all round. The only slight negative was the mexican food was average - of all the things! Other than that the food, pools and beach were excellent and would recommend.

Room Tip: Aim for ocean views, totally worth it
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Fanauchocolat
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We were a group of 8 (four couples) and 3 of us were celebrating our birthdays!! Choosing this resort was in itself a birthday gift. The resort is fantastic. The people are all friendly, from the time I checked in at the front desk the staff were all polite. So I thought that was because they were the first faces we saw. The great hospitality continued throughout the entire resort and continued for the entire five days we were there. The wait staff in the restaurants, our room service person even the guys at the bar -- all had pleasant personalities. They were very courteous.
The resort was very clean and had lots of amenities and activities. The resort grounds are very beautiful and picturesque. No matter which room you were in, every room has a great view. The food selection – oh boy!! I think I over-dosed on the fresh selection of fruits at breakfast. There was a wide selection of foods in all of the dining areas.
I did not report to the Hotel staff that it was my birthday, but somehow they found out (perhaps my passport since I used this to check in). I came back to my room well decorated with balloons and streamers, plus an invitation to a private restaurant and a bottle of tequila.

The location is good, about a 20 minutes ride from Cancun airport. Located on the main strip, with a 5 minutes car ride into the city/shopping area.
YEAH!! I would certainly visit Riu Palace, Peninsula again.

Room Tip: 4th floors or higher are quite. lower floors tend to hear music from theatre
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple