1,243 results
All reviewsroom was cleanshort staybasic amenitiesado bus stopbusiness travelermall across the streetbuffet breakfastshower headitalian restaurantlobby areasupermarkettaxipesosairportsuperamawallmartyucatan
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Ibis a budget hotel. Friendly staff very helpful. Ibis hotel are simple if you going be running around Cancun doing things.and just need a clean bed and shower then Ibis could be right for you.at the right price .This hotel is in the center of the city not in the hotel zona so be careful. Knowing Spanish will be helpful in this area

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Roynel:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We rally appreciate it.

Ibis hotels are standardized hotels worldwide with 1900 properties in 65 countries, all with great locations and very fare rates. Please visit our web page and discover all the benefits that accorhotels have for you.

Have a great day

Reviewed 2 May 2017

It is Ibis the way it should be. The only thing that was confusing - missing safe in the room, but anyway we didn't need it so much. Comfortable beds, good view for the bay. It is a pity that you cannot open windows, but maybe it is on some purpose. AC worked good, but in 2 days before departure it was broken, we came to the reception to ask for the repair, receptionist tried to do smth and that didn't work, so we were proposed for room move, but we refused, next morning AC was fixed without reminding. The main treasure of this place - receptionists guys - they were very helpful during our stay, friendly and professional, with a fluent English.
Good cleaning of the room, but several times we were missing feet towel and we easily get it on the reception.
Bkfst costs 120 MXN, not so expensive at all, frankly not the widest choice, but it is enough for me as I always found smth to eat there - some hot dishes, several types of juices, milk, coffee tea, salad bar, toasts, etc
There is a good supermarket downstairs - Superama by Wallmart, so you can buy whatever you need there.
Near you can buy the cheapest souvenirs in the city - at Chedraui at Las Americas shopping center - shots, magnets and a lot of other staff there.
You can easily take a bus to reach the Hotelier Zone - R27 - the bus stop on the back of the hotel. Costs 10.50 MXN. If there is no traffic you can reach Hotelier Zone in 15-20 minutes.
The location is quite comfortable to see the city within the Hotelier Zone and to get there without any problem. All the locations are near and the employees are centered on the service for you to feel welcome.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank tania-mania

Dear Tania-Mania:

Thank you very much for your comments, we do have safe boxes available at front desk, not inside the room. I'm sorry we didn't inform you that on your check in, I will talk to the front desk.

Thank you for choosing us and give us the opportunity to host you in Cancun. We really appreciate it.

Have a great day

Reviewed 18 April 2017

It's a "city" hotel, and I stayed as a solo traveling tourist. The rooms were very basic but clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast buffet was cheap -- it was hit or miss. The first day was excellent, the second day was severely under-stocked. There are no "extras" here -- your room has two bath towels, a desk with a plastic chain, a TV, and clean sheets. That's all I needed. There is a fair-size Walmart (open until 10pm or so) right downstairs for any amenities you might need. Uber picks up here and it's about a 10-15 minute ride ($6 USD, 120 pesos) to a public beach or hotel strip. The area is safe to wander around in (but has a city feel). I'm an avid runner, and there was a family park with running trails about six minutes (running) away. This was a selling point for me. A mall is across a (non-pedestrian-walking-friendly) street. Rooms have AC/heat. Without the AC fan running, I could hear doors slam in the hall. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Jonathan:

Thank you very much for your review and your recommendation. Ibis hotels are standardized hotels worldwide with more than 1900 properties in 65 countries. In Mexico we have 18 hotels located on Mexico's main cities, all with great locations and very fare rates.

Thank you once again for your excellent review.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Great Hotel! Central area of downtown Cancun. Great gigantic mall across the street. Not to far from anything. Hotel Zone is a few minutes away. Breakfast not so hot. Rooms are good size. Only needs a pool to be completely perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear arturof619:

Thank you very much for your comments, Ibis hotels are standardized hotels worldwide, with more than 1900 hotels in 65 countries, all with great locations and very fare rates.

We are, business budget hotels with the best relation cost/benefit of the areas we are located.

I hope you give us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Cancun

Best regards

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I am a regular guest in all sorts of Accor hotels and have never had such an awful experience. Ibis is a low budget chain but one can typically expect a clean, functional room and basic level of comfort. We only stayed there because as an Accor Platinum member, I have a ton of points and we needed a room to stay in between a quick visit to Tulum, Cobá and the Cenotes. The room was very run down and incredibly, disgustingly dirty - their was hair all over the bathroom and mildew... one of the elevators made an awful noise and wasn't fixed during our 2 day stay. breakfast was ok value for money but the breakfast area was also very dirty. And staff at reception was very unfriendly. Never ever again!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elena0906
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Elena0906

I'm very sorry to read your review, please let me express my most sincere apologies. It's very important for me, as a manager that you let me know your room and to get in contact with me so we can, together see the way to compensate you.

Please, get in contact with me at h7118-gm1 @ accor.com