1,250 results
All reviews room was clean short stay basic amenities ado bus stop business traveler mall across the street buffet breakfast shower head lobby area supermarket taxi pesos airport superama wallmart yucatan lagoon
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I am a regular guest in all sorts of Accor hotels and have never had such an awful experience. Ibis is a low budget chain but one can typically expect a clean, functional room and basic level of comfort. We only stayed there because as an Accor Platinum member, I have a ton of points and we needed a room to stay in between a quick visit to Tulum, Cobá and the Cenotes. The room was very run down and incredibly, disgustingly dirty - their was hair all over the bathroom and mildew... one of the elevators made an awful noise and wasn't fixed during our 2 day stay. breakfast was ok value for money but the breakfast area was also very dirty. And staff at reception was very unfriendly. Never ever again!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elena0906
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Elena0906

I'm very sorry to read your review, please let me express my most sincere apologies. It's very important for me, as a manager that you let me know your room and to get in contact with me so we can, together see the way to compensate you.

Please, get in contact with me at h7118-gm1 @ accor.com

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 April 2017

The hotel only provides a place to sleep! There is no room service and no other facilities. They do not even provide water in the room to drink. The most difficult part is, it is very far from all the beaches. Connectivity is good but returning is a problem if you are coming back late from Coco Bongo area. The rooms are comparatively very small for two people. Prefer this place only if you wish to save money!

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Rishu A

Dear Rishu A:

Thank you very much for your reply and your comment, I really appreciate it.
Ibis hotels worldwide are standardized budget hotels, we are located mainly at the city centers of every region we have hotels. We are a good option for traveling and the best cost/benefit hotels form the areas we are located.
I thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us, and hope that you give us the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Cancun.

Have a great day

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Small rooms, I mean really small, towels are worn and used, parking comes at extra fee, yet parking at Superama which is in same building is free, so I was really curious why I should pay??? Terrible room service, stayed for 5 days yet had my room cleaned once despite leaving sign on door. DO NOT BOOK

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Andre S
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Andre S:

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with us. I'm sorry we didn't met your expectations.
You stayed here for 5 days, I was wondering if you at some point reported something about your experience here in site in order to improve your experience or not?
Ibis hotels are standardized hotels worldwide, with more than 1900 hotels in 65 countries, all with the same rooms, amenities and services. We are the best cost/benefit option in the cities we are located.
I'm really sorry to read that our concept didn't fulfill your needs and expectations. Please let me express my sincere apologies.

Have an excellent day!

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I made reservation to check in at 5 pm just after arrival to Cancun in order to spend my first night and then go to all inclusive hotel in the beach.
By mistake I have duplicated my reservation and I had requested two rooms instead of one. Mr. Enrique Hernández was very helpful to find a solution for my best. Appreciate his help.

Room Tip: good view of the lagoon (if you are given so)
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Dear Omar:

Thank you very much for your comment, I will show it to Enrique, he will be very motivated to read something about his job. I really appreciate that you have taken the time to share it by this web site.

I hope you give us the opportunity to host you once again on your next trip to Cancun.

Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

This is by far the best place we've stayed in Cancun. We had a 7th floor room with a view of the lagoon and even got a great sunrise picture in the morning. The room was clean and the staff was wonderful. It's located about a block from Plaza las Americas so we enjoyed going there. The only scary part was trying to cross the streets when it was rush hour traffic! Another great asset is the Italian restaurant that is next to the hotel. My husband has the best lasagna he has ever had. I recommend te Ibis Hotel to everyone. It's clean, safe, and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Jan G
IbisCancunC, Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Jan G:

I want to thank you for this excellent review, we are very happy to read this comments, that's why we work on this profession. I will share your comment with all the Ibis team.

Ibis hotels, are standardized hotels worldwide with more than 1900 hotels in 65 countries, all with great locations and the best relation cost/benefit from the area.

In Mexico we are 16 Ibis hotels located in mexican main cities.

I hope you give us the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Cancun.

Have a wonderful day!