1,250 results
All reviews room was clean short stay basic amenities ado bus stop business traveler mall across the street buffet breakfast shower head lobby area supermarket taxi pesos airport superama wallmart yucatan lagoon
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Sure, the rooms are tiny, but that just adds a coziness in my opinion.

The hotel is very clean and the service level is acceptable, especially considering the price.

What I don't like is the absence of a mini-bar/fridge, and that there are no proper walkways around the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Cancun Centro. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Ibis Hotel in Cancun, Mexico allows through it's website to make your own reservations. The website requests your Credit Card # and such. Issues you a confirmation number. However, when you arrive, the confirmation number does not mean that your reservation is paid. The front desk clerks were running back and forth to see why the reservation we made was not in their computer system. "The reservation didn't come through our system" was the answer. Did I create my own reservation confirmation number and the hotel's website page confirming it? No! Summary: No reservation upon arrival (in a previous trip to the hotel, I´ve encountered the same situation) front desk clerk tried to get us a room, since the hotel was full. Finally found one and our online reservation was honored. On that same day, early afternoon, we arrived from a business meeting and the room electronic key was not working. I went down to the front desk and asked for help. "We reprogrammed our key electronic combination to all rooms, because we wanted all guests to pay their bills tonight before 11 p.m. and this way each and every guest had to come down to the desk and be advised about what we needed, since we are reprogramming our billing, checking in and checking out system", said the front desk clerk. What if we were busy all evening and got to the hotel after 11 p.m.? What a way to communicate with their guests. Unfortunately I can´t find another hotel nearby offering a convenient location for us. Next time, I´ll try to do my reservations over the phone and hope for the best. Towels: Old, dirty, bad quality, scratchy. In order words take your own.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Cancun Centro. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Just do yourself a favour and stay away from this hotel...the rooms are uninhabitable...very tiny, mine was dirty and to really make for a memorable stay, almost $400 additional charges were made onto my bill that I knew nothing of or had used....just a horrible first and last stay! These are not honest or professional people to have a stay with.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AJCampbell976
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at ibis Cancun Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Thank you very much for let us know about your experience in our hotel

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence, let me know if your charges are being cleared since we do not charge extras with out guest aknowledge.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I travel often to the Cancun area for work and have stayed at many business class hotels, this by far is the best! Not only is it new but if you stay on the 8th floor you have a great view of the laguna and the Cancun hotel zone. The rooms are small and as in any business class hotel and you always have to bring your own pillow here they are very bad but that is the only thing I can find wrong with the hotel Would I stay here again yes, FYI I am writing this from my work station in the room overlooking the Sea not a bad way to start off the day!

Room Tip: 8th floor has the best views from like the 20s up to the 40s
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mexoso

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Beware! The rooms are teenie-tiny, European style. The shower is like that on a cruise ship. If this does not stop you, then keep reading. We used this hotel as our first night since we got into Cancun very, very late and didn't want to pay an all-inclusive rate at the resort we were staying at the next nights. It worked out perfectly. The room was clean and modern, everything worked well. The buffet breakfast the next morning was very good and there is a small mall you can walk to across the street.
I would recommend as long as you are not claustrophobic.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple