3,557 results
All reviews marco polo bogavante restaurant las fuentes sister resort next door time share ocean view lobby bar nightly shows entertainment staff bottled water all inclusive resort a lot of fun hot dogs timeshare presentation kids club nachos pool side
Reviewed 12 May 2005

After reading the reviews- we apprehensively decided to book the resort because we got a good deal. Before we left the US we did have issues confirming our booking and arranging transportation. . . after being shuffled a bit we were able to find a customer service rep that REALLY helped us and put us at ease.

On arrival we we greated in the VIP check-in and had fresh margaritas blended for us. . . we got a run down on what the week's scheduled events and trips we could plan to take (or not to). . . I must admit my defenses were still up so I gave poor Raul a hard time. . . we got to our room and I HATED it!! I called Raul and complained that there was NO WAY we were staying in the tiny room - so he gave us the option to switch towers. He gave us the 2 sets of keys and told us to look at the rooms and choose the one that we liked since he could only offer that 1 room Ocean front and the other would be Lagoon. . . well let me tell you- we went to the other set of towers and it was like NIGHT AND DAY!

We LOVED the other room- it have a kitchen, lounge area, balcony with table and chair. . . his and hers sinks and huge bathroom. SO BEAUTIFUL!! We had an awesome maid staff that would leave us towel animals and flowers in our room. Our fridge was always stocked with Corona and if we ran out we could ask him in the hall and he'd replenish our supply. We thought he must have an alarm or something because we'd leave to go to the pool or eat and as soon as we left he'd be in and our room was cleaned and the bed was made. GREAT service!!

The resort itself was beautiful- very spread out so you have to adventurous to find some of the treasures. There's a small restaurant that's hanging over the beach overlooking the ocean- breath taking and the food was decent but we didn't find it until towards the end of our trip. The Italian restaurant was our favorite.

The pools were OK- needed some updating because the tile was ripping off there was a guy snorkeling down and picking off the broken tile. I cut my foot on one piece. But it was still beautiful.

We did a day trip with the resort to the Isle of Women (can't remember the Spanish name of the island) and it was great.

My only complaints would be the food- there was ALWAYS something to eat but it did get boring and we wished there was more of a variety. Wished there was more spicy stuff, but understand they need to make it bland for mass consumption. IT was eadible but we got sick a few days from eating meals at the restaraunts so we mostly stuck to the grill. The other annoyance and it's our taste- was the DJ at the party pool- they played ALOT of techno and after a few days of the same mix tape we had a head ache. . . then again it could have been all the Corona : - )

Overall - we had a good time and participated in a few pool drinking games. . . girls won the chugging contest. We had a WILD time on the Senior Frog bar crawl (recommended!). . . fond memories. We want to go back and try their new resort the GR Solaris- that place looks stunning with the Spa services. . .

It's what you make of it!

• Stayed: October 2004
4  Thank KimTheShell
Reviewed 6 May 2005

Just got back from my first Mexico Getaway and this place makes me want to come back for more. The only reason they don't get excellent in my opinion is the beds are pretty stiff. The people who worked there were awesome. The food was plentiful and very tasty. They have entertainment staff that take the time to get to know you and entertain you. My wife and I just loved the place. The food variety changes daily. The entertainment team, also, have a live stage show, that changes nightly. I would recommend this place to young and older couples. Everyone seemed to be very pleasent. I am in my 30's and my wife is 28 and we had a great time just hangin out at the pool bar or out on the town. There entertainment staff also escorts guests to a different night club every night. Generally the fee was 35.00 per person, which might seem steep but that price gets you into the club via express line, and an open bar all night. Trust me, I went solo one night to a different club and for me and my wife I almost spent a hundred dollars on admission and drinks. Plus these are the best clubs they take you too. Senor Frogs, Coco Bongos, Daddy O's, Fat Tuesday's, etc...
If you stay here you won't regret it

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank Dream35890
Reviewed 6 May 2005

My wife and I just spent a long weekend at the 4/30 to 5/3/05 in Cancun, and heres a quick review of the resort:

(1-10 scale...10 being outstanding, 1 being terrible)

1. Beach: 7 (does it have rocks? Sure. But so do all the other resorts along this stretch of beach including the high-end resorts.)
2. Pool: 7 Nothing special like the mega AI resorts in Playa, but not bad at all!
3. Rooms: 6 (Unless you pay more and upgrade.....but hey, like the saying goes, I didnt visit Cancun to stay in my room all the time)
4. Food: 7 Again, not bad here...and the ala cartes are better than the buffet (except for the Italian, but Ive stayed at several AI's in Mexico and I'm still waiting for a good Italian ala carte to pop up) Theres something for everyone, but its not gourmet, and hey....we all get what we pay for!
5. Service: 9 Exceptional.....everyone went out of their way for us and I'd rate it up there with just about anywhere we've stayed
6. Time Share Sales Pitch: I'm not going to rate this because its very simple: if you want to waste time and get a free gift, go ahead and do it. If you arent interested, as SOON as they approach you just tell them you already own time shares and arent interested.

Bottomline: 7

Its not bad...and IMHO if youre concerned about booking a vacation here, and you get a decent price/deal compared to the various Iberostars/Barcelos/Riu's... I would say "Go for it!" Dont expect a gourmet...brand-spanking-new, ultra-posh exclusive resort and you wont be dissapointed in the slightest.

10  Thank Captgene
Reviewed 1 May 2005

i just returned from cancun on wednesday april 27, 2005. I had booked our stay at Royal Solaris and was really worried about all the reviews i had read. Everything turned out really good. The staff was great there, the food was good, weather was perfect. The only down fall was getting up at 5:30 am to get a lounge chair by the pool and that is no kidding, i was out there when the moon was still up and some people had already beat me there..The room was just average but was very clean and the kids enjoyed the kids club and the activities by the pool. Cancun is a beautiful place with alot of things to do and Royal Solaris turned out alot better than i imagined

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank Odyssey20430
Reviewed 30 April 2005

Sorry too hear you did not enjoy the Royal Solaris! I have nothing but great things to say about the Royal Solaris!

I have been vacationing to the Royal Solaris for nine years and never had a problem! The grounds, service, bartenders, and food are what we expected when we come to Mexico! Remember, we aren't in the USA....we are in Mexico and they do a great job in everything!

The rooms at the Royal Solaris, I/we have never had a problem! We always had a great room with no problems with neighbors! We never heard them!

The resort may be old, but let me tell you all something, from experience,
the Royal Solaris "Rules"!! You can book with other Hotels/Resorts, but....you'll find out that if you stay at the Royal Solaris, it is just like being "home", but without rules!!

All that has experienced the negative things about the Royal Solaris, i'm sorry or your just too picky of a person to experience what "Mexico" is really like!!!

The Royal Solaris, Caribe, and the Gran Solaris are the best places to visit !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2004