We stayed at Golden Parnassus on June 25th - 30th, and absolutely loved it! The staff could not do enough to make sure their guests enjoyed their vacation.
Our room (520) balcony overlooked the pool area and the beautiful Carribean. It was clean and well maintained. Yes, the bed was harder than what we are accustomed to, but it was fine; we didn't request the eggshell foam covering that others have mentioned in their reviews.
The weather was great...we only saw two or three drops of rain during our stay. The skies were overcast at various times, but it was a welcome relief from the sun and the heat.
The restaurants....excellent! We enjoyed the filet mignon at the Old Barn Steakhouse, the various buffet dishes at the Paradise (our server each day was Pascual, who was fantastic), great cuisine at Pier 12, and the five-star gourmet meal at the Shangri La. I read in one review that the sushi at Sumo's, the new Japanese restaurant was sub-par, but I respectfully disagree. I had the banana maki. and I enjoyed it as much as any meal I ate while we were at the Golden Parnassus.
What amazes me at this hotel is that the staff probably deal with 400 different people during the week, but when they see you, many of them recall your name and where you are from. We owe one of the best vacations of our lives to Ricardo, Rodrigo, Johnny, Helen, and Sarah...and even more to Alfonzo, Jose (get him to show you his "manhole toothpick trick"), Edwin, and the beautiful Lily.
Probably the biggest surprise we encountered during our trip was that Cancun is far from recovered from Hurricane Wilma. My wife and I walked from the Golden Parnassus to the Beach Palace, which is seventeen hotels up the strip. We had spent our honeymoon at the Beach Palace fifteen years earlier, and had read that it had been damaged by the hurricane. When we arrived after a long walk, we were saddened to see the hotel had already been razed and the only thing remaining was the "Beach Palace" logo on the seawall. Construction of the new hotel has just begun, but I don't think it's possible for the hotel to be opened by December, 2006, as they are advertising. I would venture to say that thirteen or fourteen of the seventeen hotels between Golden Parnassus and Beach Palace have yet to reopen, although crews appeared to be hard at work.
But... back to the Golden Parnassus! I'll close by stating that the resort met our expectations in every way, and we will definitely return. Our goal was to rest, have fun, and not have an agenda or be on any type of schedule. The staff catered to us in such a way that each one of these goals were met to the highest standard. We met some really great people from across the US, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Sweden, and they added to the experience. If you're an open-minded person who enjoys having fun and seeing beauty, the Golden Parnassus is for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, Golden Parnassus Cancun, is an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort Situated on an unspoiled sandbar tucked between Nichupte Lagoon and the Caribbean Sea is one of Cancun's premier adult all-inclusive resorts. A beach resort wholly devoted to the "in the moment" lifestyle, Golden Parnassus Cancun is a destination where exclusive personal service and a sophisticated yet casual spirit offer the backdrop for the ultimate in relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun