7,597 results
All reviews paradise buffet sixties bar dolphin bar entertainment staff pier restaurant la restaurant ocean view coconut shrimp sister hotel tequila volleyball club room lagoon side steak breakfast and lunch japanese restaurant have a good time sushi
Reviewed 19 October 2015

The hotel looks wonderful in the professional pictures, however the actual hotel needs a major renovation both from a structurally and asthetic point of view! The welcome leaves you with a negative point of view with the selling of upgrades for the rooms to which I am used to other resorts doing this complimentary my husband conceded and did the ocean view upgrade for and additional 20usd per night and may I say the room was a DUMP! The television amore was scratched up the side table lamp shades were soiled I would find out soon why they were, the vanity had the worst caulking patch job, and the air quality in the room was very musty and moldy and the worst towels and wash cloths the quality compared to what you would use for cleaning cloths not for a luxury resort! It rained most of our trip not the problem but discovered the room had a major leak remember the soiled lamp shade, we awoke to water all over the floor due to it raining all night also my side of the bed was moist not a good feeling! The positive the wait staff was amazing and the food was fairly good overall the best restaurant was Pier12 the food was amazing! I hope the hotel will take the reviews in to consideration and make changes I am most disappointed that my husband and I were here to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary and his 50th birthday here we have been to other resorts for his birthday and they were celebratory here charged to upgrade we love Cancun but wouldn't recommend this resort in the current conditions.

Room Tip: Please do thorough research !
19  Thank Sherry M
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Distinguished Sherry M

Thank you for sharing your review at TripAdvisor, we take very seriously the reviews and opinions of our guests, we are in the process of up grading all the areas of our property and the best tool we have are the comments and experiences that our guests shared with us.
I appreciate the time you took to let us know the experience you have at Golden Parnassus and the kind words you dedicated to our wait staff.
We are working at the maintenance at all the areas of our hotel and our goal is to offer you better and more comfortable facilities.

It is great to know you love Cancun and it will be an honor if you decide to give us a second chance to recover your confidence.

Respectfully

Reviewed 19 October 2015

The service was exceptional! We had a signature drink in our hand within 5 minutes of arriving without having asked for it. The place is spotless. You can practically eat off the floor. The room was nice, ceramic floors, shower, and glass bathroom doors. We had a comfy bed, large balcony and ample space.

This was an AMAZING place for the value. The food was pretty good at Paradise for breakfast and lunch. I love the omelets and steak fajitas respectively. Old Barn Steakhouse was our favorite place for dinner. The Pier was our least favorite for dinner. Having the ability to venture over to the Great Parnassus for food options was a rare treat.

The drinks were delicious. I like the Blank on the Beach best. The Golden Parnassus frozen drink was a second favorite then the Lime Margarita on the rocks.

The pool is pleasant as well. The animators Antonio, No shirt and Pretty Eyes were fantastic in getting the fun going each day. We play Tequila Volleyball and other poolside games with nice prizes.

Chichen Itza was totally worth seeing, FYI don’t buy anything at the shop the buses stop at initially. The actual site has the SAME items for considerably less. So, wait to buy any souvenirs until you get to Chichen Itza. You cannot beat those prices ANYWHERE else in CANCUN. Trust me, I tried.

The entire trip was a tremendous experience except that my partner believed he got sick from drinking some tap water during the poolside dinner party. FYI, drink some Cactus Juice if this happens to you. One other thing, we bought tickets from a Coco Bongo vendor poolside assuming entrance to in fact Coco Bongo. What we got were Open Bar tickets to Congo which was across the street. Of course we made the best of it and ultimately had a nice time, yet I fully intend to get what I ask for next time.

FYI: If you go out to the city and spend American cash, you will receive Mexican money in return.

Room Tip: Although the first floor has the best access it was a bit noisy at times.
7  Thank Adia R
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

So where to begin we were given a twin bed suite on arrival and had to wait to change to one with a king bed till the next day which wasnt a big deal, but the new room we were given has been flooded for two days theres a leak in the hallway landing from the ceiling above and its coming into the room , told reception but they are not in the least bit bothered , the staff here are in general really kind and friendly unless your the bar staff in the lobby at 11pm and you want a coffee then they are quite rude ! There are no tea/ coffee making facilities in the room which is unusual for an all inclusive resort maybe this is something they can improve on in the future ,(not everyone needs to be fued by alcohol to have a great time) also a welcome pack would be nice for first timers to the resort , the entertainment team are fantastic and really work hard workers , and the staff in the main resturant couldnt be more helpful , we still have 5 days left so lets hope it gets better , we are well travelled and have been to mexico before i would say this is more of a 3 star hotel that needs just a little bit of improvement .

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Lisa V
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Lisa V

Thank you for sharing your review while staying at Golden Parnassus, our goal is to provide you the most comfortable and pleasant stay during your vacation.
As you mention we just at have coffee maker at our Golden or Club rooms.
We take very seriously the opinions of our guests and work to improve the areas and issues mentioned at their reviews.
Our property is a bit dated and some improvements take more time than the one we desire.
I truly appreciate the kind words your dedicated to our entertainment staff and our waits staff and it is great to know you valued their service.

We will do our best to improve some of the issues you mentioned wishing you notice the improvements before your depart.

Sincerely

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Golden Parnassus looks great on paper. Mexican 4 star, U.S. 2 star resort. The service was great. Great food choices, Good beach, good pool, good bars, friendly people. The cleaning staff do not clean the rooms, Our table was not wiped down the entire week we were there, The shower remained dirty as did the vanity. Housekeeping exchanged towels, made the bed, resupplied the toilet paper and that was about it. The air quality was terrible, nasty smell like a wet southern crawlspace w/ moisture dripping off the doors. Laying out clothes was a mistake, as they all became damp from the room air. The shower water smelled so bad, after showering, I rinsed off with bottled water. We have been home for 7 days & still have diarrhea. Clinic here at home prescribed antibiotics. Not sure what caused our problem as we were careful what we ate & drank. When I go on vacation, I expect the hotel to be cleaner than my home & the food better than my local restaurants and I sure don't expect to visit a clinic when I get home.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
16  Thank Bill S
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Bill S

At Golden Parnassus Cancun, the comfort, satisfaction, health and
safety of our guests are our priority.
Our Engineering Manager is checking our A/A equipment regarding the comments you shared with us.
Our Housekeeping Manager regarding your experience about the room cleanliness is taking the necessary actions to prevent the situations you describe from happening again,

The hotel has by standard, high Health and safety procedures that are
constantly audited by external laboratories, and by local authorities.
(These audits are a normal procedure in our hotel operation)

If the hotel receives any report of illness; the hotel intensify the
procedures just to ensure every single process is done with the
highest standards in Health and Safety.
Please contact us directly at Customer Care for more details of your
stay, customercare@goldencancun.com

Respectfully

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

We had so much fun. It's a small resort, yes it was hot , it's Mexico though. The drinks were always good. The bartenders were great. The Buffet was ok but the restaurants were good. We didn't do any of the entertainment. Check in was easy. We rode the buses to the shopping district, it cost a dollar each way. The rooms were nice enough, lots of American channels on the tv. We had a balcony. The only thing I would change about the rooms are the pillows( they were really uncomfortable) and maybe put a mini fridge in the room , so our water btls would be cold. They need to update the restaurant old barn, they replay old Toby Keith videos there, someone take them a Jason Alden video. The beach was good. There was a lot of seaweed in the water though We had an over 21 vacation, all family members. Overall. It was great I would go back. If you want someone waiting on you hand and foot, don't go here, it's very laid back, like a vacation should be.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family