7,754 results
All reviews paradise buffet sixties bar dolphin bar la restaurant entertainment staff ocean view pier restaurant coconut shrimp tequila volleyball sister hotel club room lagoon side breakfast and lunch steak japanese restaurant have a good time beach bar
Reviewed 19 October 2015

The service was exceptional! We had a signature drink in our hand within 5 minutes of arriving without having asked for it. The place is spotless. You can practically eat off the floor. The room was nice, ceramic floors, shower, and glass bathroom doors. We had a comfy bed, large balcony and ample space.

This was an AMAZING place for the value. The food was pretty good at Paradise for breakfast and lunch. I love the omelets and steak fajitas respectively. Old Barn Steakhouse was our favorite place for dinner. The Pier was our least favorite for dinner. Having the ability to venture over to the Great Parnassus for food options was a rare treat.

The drinks were delicious. I like the Blank on the Beach best. The Golden Parnassus frozen drink was a second favorite then the Lime Margarita on the rocks.

The pool is pleasant as well. The animators Antonio, No shirt and Pretty Eyes were fantastic in getting the fun going each day. We play Tequila Volleyball and other poolside games with nice prizes.

Chichen Itza was totally worth seeing, FYI don’t buy anything at the shop the buses stop at initially. The actual site has the SAME items for considerably less. So, wait to buy any souvenirs until you get to Chichen Itza. You cannot beat those prices ANYWHERE else in CANCUN. Trust me, I tried.

The entire trip was a tremendous experience except that my partner believed he got sick from drinking some tap water during the poolside dinner party. FYI, drink some Cactus Juice if this happens to you. One other thing, we bought tickets from a Coco Bongo vendor poolside assuming entrance to in fact Coco Bongo. What we got were Open Bar tickets to Congo which was across the street. Of course we made the best of it and ultimately had a nice time, yet I fully intend to get what I ask for next time.

FYI: If you go out to the city and spend American cash, you will receive Mexican money in return.

Room tip: Although the first floor has the best access it was a bit noisy at times.
7  Thank Adia R
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

So where to begin we were given a twin bed suite on arrival and had to wait to change to one with a king bed till the next day which wasnt a big deal, but the new room we were given has been flooded for two days theres a leak in the hallway landing from the ceiling above and its coming into the room , told reception but they are not in the least bit bothered , the staff here are in general really kind and friendly unless your the bar staff in the lobby at 11pm and you want a coffee then they are quite rude ! There are no tea/ coffee making facilities in the room which is unusual for an all inclusive resort maybe this is something they can improve on in the future ,(not everyone needs to be fued by alcohol to have a great time) also a welcome pack would be nice for first timers to the resort , the entertainment team are fantastic and really work hard workers , and the staff in the main resturant couldnt be more helpful , we still have 5 days left so lets hope it gets better , we are well travelled and have been to mexico before i would say this is more of a 3 star hotel that needs just a little bit of improvement .

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank Lisa V
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Lisa V

Thank you for sharing your review while staying at Golden Parnassus, our goal is to provide you the most comfortable and pleasant stay during your vacation.
As you mention we just at have coffee maker at our Golden or Club rooms.
We take very seriously the opinions of our guests and work to improve the areas and issues mentioned at their reviews.
Our property is a bit dated and some improvements take more time than the one we desire.
I truly appreciate the kind words your dedicated to our entertainment staff and our waits staff and it is great to know you valued their service.

We will do our best to improve some of the issues you mentioned wishing you notice the improvements before your depart.

Sincerely

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Golden Parnassus looks great on paper. Mexican 4 star, U.S. 2 star resort. The service was great. Great food choices, Good beach, good pool, good bars, friendly people. The cleaning staff do not clean the rooms, Our table was not wiped down the entire week we were there, The shower remained dirty as did the vanity. Housekeeping exchanged towels, made the bed, resupplied the toilet paper and that was about it. The air quality was terrible, nasty smell like a wet southern crawlspace w/ moisture dripping off the doors. Laying out clothes was a mistake, as they all became damp from the room air. The shower water smelled so bad, after showering, I rinsed off with bottled water. We have been home for 7 days & still have diarrhea. Clinic here at home prescribed antibiotics. Not sure what caused our problem as we were careful what we ate & drank. When I go on vacation, I expect the hotel to be cleaner than my home & the food better than my local restaurants and I sure don't expect to visit a clinic when I get home.

Room tip: Go elsewhere.
16  Thank Bill S
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Bill S

At Golden Parnassus Cancun, the comfort, satisfaction, health and
safety of our guests are our priority.
Our Engineering Manager is checking our A/A equipment regarding the comments you shared with us.
Our Housekeeping Manager regarding your experience about the room cleanliness is taking the necessary actions to prevent the situations you describe from happening again,

The hotel has by standard, high Health and safety procedures that are
constantly audited by external laboratories, and by local authorities.
(These audits are a normal procedure in our hotel operation)

If the hotel receives any report of illness; the hotel intensify the
procedures just to ensure every single process is done with the
highest standards in Health and Safety.
Please contact us directly at Customer Care for more details of your
stay, customercare@goldencancun.com

Respectfully

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

We had so much fun. It's a small resort, yes it was hot , it's Mexico though. The drinks were always good. The bartenders were great. The Buffet was ok but the restaurants were good. We didn't do any of the entertainment. Check in was easy. We rode the buses to the shopping district, it cost a dollar each way. The rooms were nice enough, lots of American channels on the tv. We had a balcony. The only thing I would change about the rooms are the pillows( they were really uncomfortable) and maybe put a mini fridge in the room , so our water btls would be cold. They need to update the restaurant old barn, they replay old Toby Keith videos there, someone take them a Jason Alden video. The beach was good. There was a lot of seaweed in the water though We had an over 21 vacation, all family members. Overall. It was great I would go back. If you want someone waiting on you hand and foot, don't go here, it's very laid back, like a vacation should be.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank CGilles1
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Warning - if you are British and wanting an adult only hotel that is not like an EXTREME constant noisey drunken party atmosphere with "off their heads" women walking through the main area to the bar topless.....dont go here!!
Staff favour the USA/Canadian guests who wave $1 bills to get served first!! ALL UK guests I spoke to are of the same opinion. This hotel is not bothered about UK guests - it caters for USA/Canadian only.
We paid a hell of a lot of money to stay here and although I cannot go into more detail as I have launched a legal complant about the hotel through Thomas Cook, I felt as though it was a total waste of money.
The only saving grace was that our room (which we had paid extra for on booking) had the sea view and room level we requested. Hot water was sparse for showers and the food was adequate. Our room was cleaned exceptionally well and towels always replaced. Special thanks to Eric and Mary for their help at Guest Services. The rest of the Reception staff were arrogant and rude (pretending not to understand English when I attempted to make a serious complaint) or just after SELLING trips!I predict this hotel will eventually become a stag hen and under 21 drinking(USA guests) venue that will never see the likes of decent UK and American guests stay again. I sahll type another review when the outcome of my legal case is settled.

Room tip: Sea View on 4th or 6th floor but Lagoon views are quiter
Date of stay: September 2015
14  Thank 50Andie
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Distinguished 50Andie

For us at Golden Parnassus every review and opinion of our guests regarding their experience during their vacations are truly valuables.

I want to thank you for sharing with us that you found exceptionally well the house keeping service at your room, our housekeeping staff will be really happy to know that you appreciated their service.
I am sure Erik and Mary will be really happy to know that you really valued their service and their attentions.

It will be really helpful for us if do you want to share more details about the service of our Front Desk Staff.
You can contact us at customercare@goldencancun.com

In Mexico the citizens legally reach the full age at the age of 18 years old.
Our goal is to provide the comfort and the best atmosphere to balance relaxation, entertainment and fun for all our guests during the day and night

I want to apologize if we do not reach our goal of provide you the experience you expected.
All our staff work to offer the best experience to all our guests.

I hope you continue visiting Cancun and enjoy all the beauty this city and the Riviera Maya offer to our guests, it will be an honor if you decide to give us a second chance to enjoy the improvements we are working on.

Respectfully