7,610 results
All reviews paradise buffet sixties bar dolphin bar entertainment staff pier restaurant la restaurant ocean view coconut shrimp sister hotel tequila volleyball club room lagoon side steak breakfast and lunch japanese restaurant have a good time sushi
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

So where to begin we were given a twin bed suite on arrival and had to wait to change to one with a king bed till the next day which wasnt a big deal, but the new room we were given has been flooded for two days theres a leak in the hallway landing from the ceiling above and its coming into the room , told reception but they are not in the least bit bothered , the staff here are in general really kind and friendly unless your the bar staff in the lobby at 11pm and you want a coffee then they are quite rude ! There are no tea/ coffee making facilities in the room which is unusual for an all inclusive resort maybe this is something they can improve on in the future ,(not everyone needs to be fued by alcohol to have a great time) also a welcome pack would be nice for first timers to the resort , the entertainment team are fantastic and really work hard workers , and the staff in the main resturant couldnt be more helpful , we still have 5 days left so lets hope it gets better , we are well travelled and have been to mexico before i would say this is more of a 3 star hotel that needs just a little bit of improvement .

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Lisa V
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Dear Lisa V

Thank you for sharing your review while staying at Golden Parnassus, our goal is to provide you the most comfortable and pleasant stay during your vacation.
As you mention we just at have coffee maker at our Golden or Club rooms.
We take very seriously the opinions of our guests and work to improve the areas and issues mentioned at their reviews.
Our property is a bit dated and some improvements take more time than the one we desire.
I truly appreciate the kind words your dedicated to our entertainment staff and our waits staff and it is great to know you valued their service.

We will do our best to improve some of the issues you mentioned wishing you notice the improvements before your depart.

Sincerely

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Golden Parnassus looks great on paper. Mexican 4 star, U.S. 2 star resort. The service was great. Great food choices, Good beach, good pool, good bars, friendly people. The cleaning staff do not clean the rooms, Our table was not wiped down the entire week we were there, The shower remained dirty as did the vanity. Housekeeping exchanged towels, made the bed, resupplied the toilet paper and that was about it. The air quality was terrible, nasty smell like a wet southern crawlspace w/ moisture dripping off the doors. Laying out clothes was a mistake, as they all became damp from the room air. The shower water smelled so bad, after showering, I rinsed off with bottled water. We have been home for 7 days & still have diarrhea. Clinic here at home prescribed antibiotics. Not sure what caused our problem as we were careful what we ate & drank. When I go on vacation, I expect the hotel to be cleaner than my home & the food better than my local restaurants and I sure don't expect to visit a clinic when I get home.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Bill S
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Bill S

At Golden Parnassus Cancun, the comfort, satisfaction, health and
safety of our guests are our priority.
Our Engineering Manager is checking our A/A equipment regarding the comments you shared with us.
Our Housekeeping Manager regarding your experience about the room cleanliness is taking the necessary actions to prevent the situations you describe from happening again,

The hotel has by standard, high Health and safety procedures that are
constantly audited by external laboratories, and by local authorities.
(These audits are a normal procedure in our hotel operation)

If the hotel receives any report of illness; the hotel intensify the
procedures just to ensure every single process is done with the
highest standards in Health and Safety.
Please contact us directly at Customer Care for more details of your
stay, customercare@goldencancun.com

Respectfully

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

We had so much fun. It's a small resort, yes it was hot , it's Mexico though. The drinks were always good. The bartenders were great. The Buffet was ok but the restaurants were good. We didn't do any of the entertainment. Check in was easy. We rode the buses to the shopping district, it cost a dollar each way. The rooms were nice enough, lots of American channels on the tv. We had a balcony. The only thing I would change about the rooms are the pillows( they were really uncomfortable) and maybe put a mini fridge in the room , so our water btls would be cold. They need to update the restaurant old barn, they replay old Toby Keith videos there, someone take them a Jason Alden video. The beach was good. There was a lot of seaweed in the water though We had an over 21 vacation, all family members. Overall. It was great I would go back. If you want someone waiting on you hand and foot, don't go here, it's very laid back, like a vacation should be.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank CGilles1
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Warning - if you are British and wanting an adult only hotel that is not like an EXTREME constant noisey drunken party atmosphere with "off their heads" women walking through the main area to the bar topless.....dont go here!!
Staff favour the USA/Canadian guests who wave $1 bills to get served first!! ALL UK guests I spoke to are of the same opinion. This hotel is not bothered about UK guests - it caters for USA/Canadian only.
We paid a hell of a lot of money to stay here and although I cannot go into more detail as I have launched a legal complant about the hotel through Thomas Cook, I felt as though it was a total waste of money.
The only saving grace was that our room (which we had paid extra for on booking) had the sea view and room level we requested. Hot water was sparse for showers and the food was adequate. Our room was cleaned exceptionally well and towels always replaced. Special thanks to Eric and Mary for their help at Guest Services. The rest of the Reception staff were arrogant and rude (pretending not to understand English when I attempted to make a serious complaint) or just after SELLING trips!I predict this hotel will eventually become a stag hen and under 21 drinking(USA guests) venue that will never see the likes of decent UK and American guests stay again. I sahll type another review when the outcome of my legal case is settled.

Room Tip: Sea View on 4th or 6th floor but Lagoon views are quiter
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
14  Thank 50Andie
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Distinguished 50Andie

For us at Golden Parnassus every review and opinion of our guests regarding their experience during their vacations are truly valuables.

I want to thank you for sharing with us that you found exceptionally well the house keeping service at your room, our housekeeping staff will be really happy to know that you appreciated their service.
I am sure Erik and Mary will be really happy to know that you really valued their service and their attentions.

It will be really helpful for us if do you want to share more details about the service of our Front Desk Staff.
You can contact us at customercare@goldencancun.com

In Mexico the citizens legally reach the full age at the age of 18 years old.
Our goal is to provide the comfort and the best atmosphere to balance relaxation, entertainment and fun for all our guests during the day and night

I want to apologize if we do not reach our goal of provide you the experience you expected.
All our staff work to offer the best experience to all our guests.

I hope you continue visiting Cancun and enjoy all the beauty this city and the Riviera Maya offer to our guests, it will be an honor if you decide to give us a second chance to enjoy the improvements we are working on.

Respectfully

Reviewed 15 October 2015

location on the gulf of mexico, EXTREMELY noisy at the pool, loud annoying activity director that is on his microphone almost every minute, so loud you cannot carry on a conversation; not any quiet time during the day, music deafening. I enjoyed the resort but would never go back due to the deafening DJ all day.Lighting in room very poor, could bearly see to apply makeup, shave etc. Room was very clean but that is about all you could say for it. Staff upbeat for the most part. This was my 2nd stay at this resort but also my last.

Room Tip: do to extreme noise 24/7 due not book a room on 1st. or even 2nd flool
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends