7,608 results
All reviews paradise buffet sixties bar dolphin bar entertainment staff pier restaurant la restaurant ocean view coconut shrimp sister hotel tequila volleyball club room lagoon side steak breakfast and lunch japanese restaurant have a good time sushi
Reviewed 16 October 2015

Golden Parnassus looks great on paper. Mexican 4 star, U.S. 2 star resort. The service was great. Great food choices, Good beach, good pool, good bars, friendly people. The cleaning staff do not clean the rooms, Our table was not wiped down the entire week we were there, The shower remained dirty as did the vanity. Housekeeping exchanged towels, made the bed, resupplied the toilet paper and that was about it. The air quality was terrible, nasty smell like a wet southern crawlspace w/ moisture dripping off the doors. Laying out clothes was a mistake, as they all became damp from the room air. The shower water smelled so bad, after showering, I rinsed off with bottled water. We have been home for 7 days & still have diarrhea. Clinic here at home prescribed antibiotics. Not sure what caused our problem as we were careful what we ate & drank. When I go on vacation, I expect the hotel to be cleaner than my home & the food better than my local restaurants and I sure don't expect to visit a clinic when I get home.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Bill S
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Bill S

At Golden Parnassus Cancun, the comfort, satisfaction, health and
safety of our guests are our priority.
Our Engineering Manager is checking our A/A equipment regarding the comments you shared with us.
Our Housekeeping Manager regarding your experience about the room cleanliness is taking the necessary actions to prevent the situations you describe from happening again,

The hotel has by standard, high Health and safety procedures that are
constantly audited by external laboratories, and by local authorities.
(These audits are a normal procedure in our hotel operation)

If the hotel receives any report of illness; the hotel intensify the
procedures just to ensure every single process is done with the
highest standards in Health and Safety.
Please contact us directly at Customer Care for more details of your
stay, customercare@goldencancun.com

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

We had so much fun. It's a small resort, yes it was hot , it's Mexico though. The drinks were always good. The bartenders were great. The Buffet was ok but the restaurants were good. We didn't do any of the entertainment. Check in was easy. We rode the buses to the shopping district, it cost a dollar each way. The rooms were nice enough, lots of American channels on the tv. We had a balcony. The only thing I would change about the rooms are the pillows( they were really uncomfortable) and maybe put a mini fridge in the room , so our water btls would be cold. They need to update the restaurant old barn, they replay old Toby Keith videos there, someone take them a Jason Alden video. The beach was good. There was a lot of seaweed in the water though We had an over 21 vacation, all family members. Overall. It was great I would go back. If you want someone waiting on you hand and foot, don't go here, it's very laid back, like a vacation should be.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank CGilles1
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Warning - if you are British and wanting an adult only hotel that is not like an EXTREME constant noisey drunken party atmosphere with "off their heads" women walking through the main area to the bar topless.....dont go here!!
Staff favour the USA/Canadian guests who wave $1 bills to get served first!! ALL UK guests I spoke to are of the same opinion. This hotel is not bothered about UK guests - it caters for USA/Canadian only.
We paid a hell of a lot of money to stay here and although I cannot go into more detail as I have launched a legal complant about the hotel through Thomas Cook, I felt as though it was a total waste of money.
The only saving grace was that our room (which we had paid extra for on booking) had the sea view and room level we requested. Hot water was sparse for showers and the food was adequate. Our room was cleaned exceptionally well and towels always replaced. Special thanks to Eric and Mary for their help at Guest Services. The rest of the Reception staff were arrogant and rude (pretending not to understand English when I attempted to make a serious complaint) or just after SELLING trips!I predict this hotel will eventually become a stag hen and under 21 drinking(USA guests) venue that will never see the likes of decent UK and American guests stay again. I sahll type another review when the outcome of my legal case is settled.

Room Tip: Sea View on 4th or 6th floor but Lagoon views are quiter
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
14  Thank 50Andie
Hector G, General Manager at Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Distinguished 50Andie

For us at Golden Parnassus every review and opinion of our guests regarding their experience during their vacations are truly valuables.

I want to thank you for sharing with us that you found exceptionally well the house keeping service at your room, our housekeeping staff will be really happy to know that you appreciated their service.
I am sure Erik and Mary will be really happy to know that you really valued their service and their attentions.

It will be really helpful for us if do you want to share more details about the service of our Front Desk Staff.
You can contact us at customercare@goldencancun.com

In Mexico the citizens legally reach the full age at the age of 18 years old.
Our goal is to provide the comfort and the best atmosphere to balance relaxation, entertainment and fun for all our guests during the day and night

I want to apologize if we do not reach our goal of provide you the experience you expected.
All our staff work to offer the best experience to all our guests.

I hope you continue visiting Cancun and enjoy all the beauty this city and the Riviera Maya offer to our guests, it will be an honor if you decide to give us a second chance to enjoy the improvements we are working on.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

location on the gulf of mexico, EXTREMELY noisy at the pool, loud annoying activity director that is on his microphone almost every minute, so loud you cannot carry on a conversation; not any quiet time during the day, music deafening. I enjoyed the resort but would never go back due to the deafening DJ all day.Lighting in room very poor, could bearly see to apply makeup, shave etc. Room was very clean but that is about all you could say for it. Staff upbeat for the most part. This was my 2nd stay at this resort but also my last.

Room Tip: do to extreme noise 24/7 due not book a room on 1st. or even 2nd flool
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
12  Thank emamaryjane
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

I just got back from my stay at GP and have conflicting experiences about this place.

We arrived at 2:20PM but didn't get our room keys until 3:55 PM . We were greeted and then ushered to tables near the bar and asked for our passports. 15 minutes later he came back with our passports and 2 frozen drinks in plastic cups with no alcohol or straws in them. We were told our room would be ready at 3:00 pm so in the meantime we were talked to about the Grand Parnassus ( Golden ' s sister property for families ). We were kind and listened for 15 minutes and then extracted ourselves and walked up to the front desk. Danae said our room would not be ready for 20 more minutes and that we should go back and sit down with the sales staff. He came back to get us but my travel companion is diabetic and asked to eat instead of the continued sales pitch. We ate at the buffet and at 3:30 went back to the front desk... room still not ready. She suggested we go back to the sales pitch. We chose to walk around instead but we're followed by the sales staff anyways. We finally got 1 key to our room and were taken to it. It was not the room I booked. I went back down and was told that certain things are "requests" and not guarantees. She reluctantly gave me keys to the room I actually booked but no safe key. We arrived at the new room only to scare the crap out of the people who were already in that room and changing clothes! Awkward doesn't even begin to describe the situation. We went back to the desk and were treated outwardly hostile and rudely. We didn't do anything wrong but were treated really badly including personal questions about the nature of our relationship. Finally we were given a 3rd set of room keys... 3rd times a charm! They "upgraded" our room to Oceanview on the 2nd floor...no refrigerator, ice bucket, and 2 towels. We were just happy to be in a room and ready to enjoy our stay until we realized they didn't give us a safe key and the patio door wouldn't open. So we went back down to the front desk and was forced to sign a paper saying we were given a free room upgrade before we could get a safe key. We signed so we could get to our vacation.

The rest of the staff were really great and the food was definitely above average. Breakfast was probably the best food with omelet, waffle, and tostada stations. The bars were good but the 6oz. plastic cups with no straws was strange. You should definitely buy the big thermos' when you get there so you can get a normal sized drink.

I would suggest you prebook excursions(or do them on your own for half the cost), bring lots of small change to tip the great staff, buy the thermos for your drinks, and bring ear plugs because this place is pretty loud.

PS. The beach is amazingly beautiful and most of the staff are excellent too!!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Brigid C

Distinguished Brigid C

I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at Golden Parnassus.
Thank you for let us know you enjoyed the food and service at our restaurants and the bars.
I want to inform your that we are in the process of changing the size of the glasses at all our bars and restaurants.
It is great to know you enjoyed the beauty of our beach and that you took time to do some excursions and enjoyed some of the beauty of Cancun.
Our goal from the start of your stay with us, is to provide you the best experience while vacationing with us.
I want to apologize because we do not reach our goal upon you check in our front desk manager is taking the necessary actions to prevent similar situations from happening again.

We wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and have the opportunity to show you the improvements.