“Spring break central!”

Golden Parnassus All Inclusive Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #55 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 18 March 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed March 10th to the 17th. We booked this hotel because it fit our criteria for price and adults only. We were also hopeful that the reviews were correct and that this would be a quiet resort with lots of middle age folks.. We were sorely mistaken. During the day the pool and bars were extremely full with rowdy spring breakers. Other hotels I have been to have multiple pools so once you get your fill you can move to another. In this case we just moved to the beach, not a big deal.
The real issues with this facility for us were in the evening/night. We ate dinner two nights at the old barn and both times had to listen a loud and obnoxious group of 30 to 50 something's while we dined. We decided to go to the French restaurant two other nights because there was a dress code and that kept things quiet. We tried to enjoy karaoke at the sixties bar one night but that was soon overrun with drunk and obnoxious spring breakers, putting a quick end to the fun for the older crowd.
We were on level 4 the last 4 days because we requested to be moved from level 3 to get away from the lobby noise. We had three rooms above us on level 5 that were full of spring breakers yelling back and forth to each other all night, crawling from balcony to balcony. I even had the pleasure of one of them pounding on my door at 2 AM looking for a party. After this I tried to call the front desk but the phone in the room did not work. This combined with the horrible internet service is enough to keep us away from cancun in general. We were there at the height of spring break and did expect a little but not this much.
The hotel has an excellent staff and the place is very clean.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Rob P

Reviewed 18 March 2015

We just returned from 5 night stay this was our 9th stay at the Golden Parnassus every time back is just as memorable as the first. We defiantly recommend this resort the staff are all very nice and recognize you when return. Upon our arrival they gave us a free upgrade to the 6th floor very nice room. many thanks to Maru public relations for all her help.
The food in all the restaurants is excellent as well the service you don't have to sign up for A la carte just show up at your desired time, we will defiantly be returning

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank glenn w
Reviewed 18 March 2015

This was my first trip to Cancun and we went with 3 other couples the last week in February 2015. My week started off horribly with my laptop being taken/misplaced by Lomas Travel who has absolutely nothing to do with Golden Parnassus, but they were great throughout the situation anyway. Beyond that, we had a 6th floor Ocean view room which was wonderful. The staff everywhere were great! We ran into Eduardo from Shangri-La on the bus and he was fabulous and very helpful!

Jose at the pool bar is VERY entertaining in the evenings as well as his brother Carlos. Jose will keep you laughing and happily drinking all night. The entertainment crew are great! My favorites that week were Elias, Alejandro, Denise and Angie! Angie was new, but was doing a GREAT job! Perfecto is a great bar tender in the lobby bar as well.

All in all, our group had a great time! The food was good, the entertainment was great but there definitely could have been more loungers in the pool and beach areas. We will definitely be back in the future!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Doreen N
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Really enjoyed our stay here...We where put in room 103 firstly but was quite noisy asked for move and moved next day...rooms cleaned daily...had to get up quite early for beds on beach...nearly always beds round pool but not many umbrellas they did say new ones coming in but was at end of holiday...Dulce the receptionist was great always willing to help when needed and very pleasant...The public relations lady Mura was also a great help as we had a family member fall ill nothing was to much for her..This would of been a fantastic holiday except for family illness...food was good loved the Breeze pool for snacks and all restaurants where good even travelled to sister hotel the Great which was ok...loved the Golden and definitely would return...x

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Sue A
Reviewed 16 March 2015

I have just returned from a fortnight at the Golden Parnassus hotel in Cancun Mexico. This is an "all inclusive" resort. Before I went I reviewed lots of hotels in Cancun. Several of these hotels were a lot more expensive than this one.
Although the hotel shows it's age in places it is well maintained. The hotel is in the middle of the Cancun main beach in what I believe to be one of the best positions. Five minutes on the bus from La Isla and about 10 minutes from the centre of Cancun resort. The design of the hotel means that the pool and beach are in full sun until after 5pm. This is not true for most of the high rise hotels. Some of these hotels lose the sun on their beach at about 3pm.
The hotel has no buffet restaurant open at night but does have 4 "A la Carte" restaurants, a pool grill and a creperie open. The food in the "A la Carte" restaurants is excellent. The crepes are special! The pool grill is good for snack meals. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes in any of the restaurants for food. My favourite restaurant was Sumo (Asian).
The staff at the hotel are very friendly and usually cannot do enough for you. Interestingly the staff are not pushy re expecting tips, a problem that I have encountered on previous visits to other hotels in Cancun.
During the day the pool bar got very busy so I used the beach bar. Service at this bar was excellent. Both these bars are close to one another.
My wife and I had an ocean view room on floor 5. We had clean sheets and towels every other day. The room was of a good size though not huge. The balcony was large.
In short we loved our holiday in the Golden Parnassus. If we were to want to return to the main beach in Cancun for a future holiday I would stay here again!

Room Tip: A high floor with an ocean view is best. Great view of beach. Less noise from reception.