“Amazing first time scuba experience”

Nautilus Diving & Training Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Nautilus Diving provides personalized instruction, professional guided diving tours, and customized packages to meet your diving goals. We are conveniently located in Cancun's hotel zone and offer dive trips to Cancun, Cozumel, and the Cenotes. Our top priority is your enjoyment and safety, so we offer dive trips organized and guided in small groups so we can provide a personal and safe diving experience. Come enjoy the beautiful reefs with abundant sealife, wreck or night dives, or experience cavern diving in the cenotes. We look forward to helping you plan your diving trip!
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Experience :

After emailing a handful of dive shops, me and my wife selected Nautilus Diving for our first time scuba and PADI certification. Octavio and Sherri responded with all the information we requested. They were very responsive to emails; (Wait till evening local time for their reply). They are reasonable flexible in creating customized dive plans. We discussed our trip schedules and they helped us to perfectly fit the certification itinerary accordingly, all over emails. We were also able to select the dive sites. Payment of pre-booking payment was also smooth as they accept Paypal.

Vicente was our dive master - a patient, friendly and awesome instructor. On our first day, sea was rough and there was no scope to dive after our pool session. So we had an extended pool session mastering required skills.

Every day morning, he would notify us about the sea condition and time to visit the dive center for our dives based on dives. He updated us almost every hour about the condition and whether it was possible to dive. Even though everybody was skeptical about the condition, but finally weather turned in our favor. Nautilus also created backup plan to dive in specific cenotes so that we could complete our certification in case sea stayed too rough to dive.

During the dive Vicente was calm and patiently let us do the exercises to get certified. He showed us statues of MUSA, beautiful reefs, sea turtle, and he also managed to give a close up with nurse shark. All four dives were amazing.

Verdict: Very professional dive master, good equipment, friendly crew and reasonable prices. first timer or pro - great place to dive.

All reviews
"communication"
in 10 reviews
"companies"

Reviewed 17 March 2016

We were able to do two (2 tank) dives with Nautilus. They are very very considerate of everyone. As a newly minted certified diver, I didn't feel overwhelmed or intimidated. The attendees take care of EVERYTHING. All you need to do is show up and be ready to enjoy your day. Equipment is positioned on the boat. Drinks and food are provided throughout the day. They even take care of all the equipment at days end. Tip these people. They work hard to make sure you have the best dives ever. ;)

1  Thank PokeyandGumbyTravel
Reviewed 1 February 2016

My first time diving with Nautilus. Clemente Herrera was my dive master.
He was great at explaining about the wreck we were diving and the time and depth.
I was using an underwater camera and got great shots of Eagle Rays,about 20
in formation swimming by the wreck and a Nurser Shark on the wreck. The dive area was rough swells at 3-4 feet. Cold up top but comfortable with a skin at 80 feet. Second dive at 45 feet. Great caves and large number of sea life.
I was planning to dive a second dive the next day, but got such great dive footage did not see how I could top that with a second dive. Beside the sea was very rough and it made it difficult to get in and out of the boat, no fault to Nautilus Dive team.
Will dive with them the next time I come to Cancun

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

Heading to Cancun for five days, I wanted to do just one day of diving with my kids. My kids are certified but young (11 and 13), so I am always looking for small groups/boats and personal attention for them. I chose Nautilus based on the reviews here on TA. I emailed them through their website in the evening and heard back from Octavio that night. From then on he responded quickly and clearly to all of my emails. I paid a $50 deposit through PayPal to reserve our booking, which Octavio told me was refundable if we canceled more than 24 hours in advance.

Before we got to Cancun this week Octavio emailed to tell me the weather was very windy and that Friday (Christmas Day) would be our best bet, so we scheduled that. Sure enough it was windy all week and the port was closed so boats couldn't go out. Even though Octavio was out of town and it was Christmas Eve, he emailed me Thursday to see if we wanted to cancel or play it by ear. We really wanted to dive so we said we would play it by ear, and Octavio said they would still refund us if we cancelled Friday morning - even if the port was open but I just felt it was too rough for my kids. Friday morning they called our hotel room to tell me the port was closed and we could try to wait for the afternoon or go ahead and cancel. We decided to cancel at the point and they were very gracious. By Friday afternoon Octavio had refunded our deposit.

It may seem strange to write a review for an operator we never got to use, but I felt compelled to share how courteous, professional, helpful and understanding Octavio and the whole crew at Nautilus were. I expect this is a reflection of their diving operation and would not hesitate to try them again next time we are in Cancun, or to recommend them to others.

1  Thank Ben C
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Are you interested in diving?
Do you have concerns holding you back?
Are you a woman traveling alone and wondering if you can have a good time?

Well, two days, 4 dives plus pool session before I got my PADI certificate! Vicente was my buddy and I had great 1-1 training with him. Very professional, communicative and took great care of me. He will bring things I didn't think I need, like a wetsuit. He has a lot of patience and very Michelle Monaghansupportive. Octavio was also very helpful and informative regarding the questions I have and I have no problem getting to the place. If you live in downtown area, but R15 will take you directly there, one stop after white church on the right side. Buses only cost 10.50 peso.

I had two dives in MUSA and the other two were reef dives. They are very good, weather was good with great visibility. There were sealives, was able to see several lobster, pez lion (lion fish, oh yes, three of them), Angel fish, and some interesting sea animals. It was my first and second diving and I had a lot of fun! The underwater would is amazing and the bubbles look pretty under sunlight.

I checked nautilus out before coming to Cauncun based on the high reviews they got. Now I m gonna make them even better! Glad I went with nautilus and I had great time here, just like what they say, enjoy have fun, be safe diving and continue diving!

2  Thank Tammy L