“Welcoming, perfect.”

Chicago
“Welcoming, perfect.”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My hus

The food was amazing - my husband and I were welcomed so warmly by Gregor at La Linda on Tuesday when we arrived in Cancun - while we didn't eat there at first, we promised to return. Seven days later, we arrived for dinner - and Gregor greeted us warmly with hugs, kisses, and of course... a margarita. My husband ordered sweetbreads (perfectly grilled) and I had empanadas as appetizers. Spectacular. Our entrees were the fish with almond sauce and the fish with garlic - again, spectacular. Gregor brought us the fish before grilling to show us that it was fresh from the boat that day.

As I said to the owner when we left - Gregor... the man who is the face of La Linda - is exactly what an experience in Cancun should be. Welcoming, Gentle, Endearing. The food at La Linda was beyond our expectations. If you are looking for an amazing dining experience off the beaten tourist path? Just go - you won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Awesome food Friendly staff”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

AMAZING steaks cooked to perfection great value for money, fesh made tortilla chips and fresh home made salsa/ pico da gayo sauce, It had tomatoes red and green onions, diced green peppers, grated skin off of red peppers, and lime juice, all mixed together makes one flavorfull mildly spicy chips and salsa appetizer. The steak was Argentinian Churasco beef sliced .5" thick and cooked to perfection with a miniscule thin layer of pink in the middle, A CANT MISS RESTURAUNT

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank AaronB69
“Don't miss this gem”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were actually heading to another restaurant but ended up at La Linda by accident. I wish I could make those mistakes every day. We were greeted with enthusiam by the manager who immediately offered us a Don Julio magarita each if we ate there....enough said:-) The food was incredible, so many flavors! Great easy-going fun atmosphere, wonderful service and for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 4 margaritas (6 if we include the two freebies) and 2 beers, we were out $52 plus tip....600 pesos total

Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favorite place to eat in Cancun”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We went to this restaurant multiple times on our vacation. The empandas were delicious, the chicken fingers were fresh pulled white chicken, something I wish I could find in Virginia!!! And oh my god, the salsa and chip were AMAZING and FREE! Best chips I have ever had in my life, best salsa, too! The service was great and the people were nice. I'm looking forward to going back.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank vtesotericpixie
Manhattan Beach, California
“Enchiladas and Margaritas”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Went here for dinner with friends last week. It the place itself didn't seem like anything special, but I enjoyed my meal and everyone else seemed to enjoy theirs. We had a coupon for free margaritas (how can you go wrong with that?) and they sure helped set the mood for the fun relaxing time we had at dinner as well as our trip.
I had the enchiladas, I'm not sure what kind of cheese they put on them, but it was heavenly. My friends fajitas looked and smelled delicious as well.
All in all, I would go back again.

• Visited June 2011