5,501 results
All reviewsmarco pololas fuentesentertainment staffocean viewswim up barnightly showshot dogsmini clubfamily vacationmexican nightkids clubmexican foodnachossushi barpool sidegreat vacationall inclusive resort
Reviewed 11 May 2007

Like others who have read the reviews for this hotel I was skeptical. I have done my fair share of traveling and have stayed in your basic hostel (not hotel) to a legitimate 5 star establishment. This is not a Five Star. So, if that is what you need stay closer to Cancun City at the Ritz Carlton.

At any rate, the food was better than average with the exception of a oriental theme night at La Fuentes. I would advise that you bring enough long pants so that you can eat at Venetos and Marco Polo. For lunch, Bogavantes is the best choice to make as you have agreat view. Just remember they are feeding the masses. Emeril is not in the back of the house with the help of Wolfgang puck and Bobby Flay. If you do not know who these guys are or have ever eaten at one of thier signature establishments then you should be fine.

The service was good and I was never pressured to sit for a time- share pitch. You will get beach vendors solicitations. A simple no should suffice, but gracias pero no gracias will get the job done quicker.

The rooms are clean. We had a balcony. We got in pretty quick. i confess i tipped the guy. Its worth it. I agree that the tile floor is a bit slick. Its called humidity. Try the air conditioner to alleviate the problem. It can get noisy. The problem was, in large part,that we were on the first floor. Also, stay away from the rooms near elevators. I don't need to explain this; I hope.

Insist on a higher floor or you will hear music till past one in the morning. this was not a problem for us because were where the music was playing.

Now, if you want a quite time outside the hotle you need to stay away from the main pool as the activities are numerous. the music is loud. For whatever reason, in Mexico they think we all like getting jiggy wit by Will Smith. Its sad. play some local music! If you like to do tequila shots while playing water volley ball with a whistle in your ear then you will be in the right spot at the main pool. if not, go to the other one.

Try something new and take the Ruta one or Ruta two bus for a short trip up to La Isla Shopping Village. The bus is eay to catch. However, be aware that the kilometers are marked in the center if the two-way road and you have to pay attention. The Solaris is at Kilometer 20 and the above village is at 12.5. That is about four and a half miles. Its 75 cents each way versus 10 to 12 dollars for a cab. This works too if you want to go to puerto juarez to get the passenger ferry to isla mujeres. Its 4 dollars for each way. Do not let anyone scam telling you the ferry is not running. It runs every 20 minutes. these guys are trying prey on your fear and pocket book.

Above all, take into account that is is a moderate price estabishment with solid service and food for that price.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank GuateClaypoole
Reviewed 11 May 2007

We stayed at the Royal Solaris Cancun from May 4 - 9, 2007 on a promotional deal that was all inclusive including alcoholic drinks. There are other hotels such as the Cancun Palace which are more luxurious but the Royal Solaris more than met all our needs and was a very good value.

The food was excellent. Best of all the attitude of the people at all levels was simply the best. Everyone, I mean, everyone was polite and eager to make our stay pleasant. Everyone made us feel welcome. Restaurants went out of their way to make meals for special dietary requirements. I want to thank the staff at this hotel for making our vacation one of the best.

The beach is excellent, nightly entertainment is excellent. The coffee stands with liquors were excellent. They would make us a coffee with our choice of liquor.

I want to note that we visited one other hotel and found the same type of hospitality. The bus drivers on the hotel strip were also hospitable. We just had the best time in Cancun.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank virginian0
Reviewed 9 May 2007

The resort was Okay! The people were very friendly and helpful.
The rooms had a mild-dew aroma. Make sure that apon your arrival you select the upgraded room is worth it. All inclusive does not include the room safe. There is a $5.00 a day fee for this. If you are looking for a non-frrill hotel this is your place.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trip000
Reviewed 9 May 2007

My husband and I spent a week at this resort and loved it! The place was very clean and the staff was very personable! Check in and out went smooth!

Breakfast was the best meal of the day! Lunch was also good! Dinner left a little to be desired but then we are very picky!

The shows were very entertaining and fun!

We would definately return!!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank INDYRN
Reviewed 21 April 2007

Our family of four (2 girls, 9 and 10) used an RCI Exchange to stay for a week in mid-April. Plenty of other reviews cover the great service, good food, and fun at the pools. I also want to say we were impressed with some of the shows; especially the Mexican one.

We had some friends, with daughters the same age as ours, staying at the J.W. Marriott the same week. One afternoon we went over to visit. Definite five star facility and service, but (as my girls said), BORING! Their girls had been asking their parents all week when we were going to visit, because there's nothing going on there at the pools. I'll admit that the Royal Solaris pool scene may border a little on "Spring Break for Adults", but I enjoy that more than what I saw at the Marriott.

One other note. For those using an RCI unit, here's a little description. We had a one bedroom. They have a roomy living/dining area, with a small kitchenette that has a frig that is re-stocked daily. There's also a large terrace with four loungers and two tables.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family