My biggest disappointment: the staff expects tips all the time, even though it is a all inclusive hotel and in our case, when we bought the package, the tips were prepaid.
Food: poor. The buffets are average. Not much of Mexican food, though. You can find good food at the fancy restaurants. The only inconvenient is that you have to make a reservation to eat at the them every day. There are 3. We tried one of them and liked it very much. Its free (or included)
Facilities: average. The adult pool, is too small and boring. Not even music to help you relax.
the other two pools are full of impolite people and unhelpful staff, unless you tip them continuously.
Parties: a guy called Alan was a kind of hostess. He sells the parties that happen on the city. The only advantage of buying from him is free shuttle. He promises too much and deliver the same that the bars are offering already.
happier note: My husband choose a package called romance and we are upgraded to a room facing the beach for free. There are petals in our bed and on the floor. Kinda cute!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well located, with spectacular beach, mostly all the rooms looking for the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Otel, Priceline, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Occidental Tucancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Hotel Cancun
- Barcelo Hotel Tucancun Beach
- Barcelo Tucancun Beach Hotel
- Tucancun Hotel
- Cancun Barcelo
- Barcelo Tucancun Beach Resort