“A True Gem”

Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe
Ranked #42 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Lovely hotel- a little of the old and a little of the new- located in the heart of the hotel zone (within minutes to shopping malls) and situated on one of the best beaches Cancun has to offer. Extremely clean and well maintained property- always a smiling face around the corner to greet you. You will not go hungry- buffet and a la carte (Italian) restaurant was great and plentiful (pizza, burgers and nachos too). There is also a coffee shop that offers baked goods, sandwiches and gelato- which is amazing! Roof top bar has a tranquil atmosphere and gives you an incredible view of the lagoon at night- you have to see it to believe it. One minor negative- cobblestone walkways are not stiletto friendly. Go without hesitation and enjoy beautiful Cancun!

5  Thank KingstonSofie
There are newer reviews for Grand Park Royal Cancun Caribe

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We just got back from Cancun on a 7 day trip. We are mid 30's and went with another couple.

The pool was kinda cold and is not heated. The weather was 80 to 82 the entire time with a slight wind. My wife and I walked up and down the beach both directions and I gotta say, the beach in front of this resort is the nicest. The ocean was warmer than the pool and the waves were a ton of fun.

Something interesting I noticed, from a hard liquor drinker, the first day we showed up the resort had Crown Royal, Jack D. and Tanquray. After the Crown and Jack got drank, the resort never brought in new bottles. They said the resort had no more, (which I didn't beleive). We had been tipping the bartender at the main pool all week and on our last day, he pulled out a 5th of Grey Goose from under the counter and served our group all day.... The bartenders were great though, they would make a drink as strong as you would want it NO problem. Give them a buck every time you go up for drinks and you get great service. Think about it... 4 drinks for the wives and us, 2 single shots, two double shots. In the US, thats 30 to 40 bucks for the four drinks, if not more. Remember to tip the guys..

Pay a little extra and upgrade to the Royal Tower suites... They are way better than the main building rooms. You also get you own private breakfast and happy hour bar that is in the building. Great ocean front rooms and killer showers... Actually the best showers I have ever been in, ( And we travel alot).

For all the people complaining about service and bad food, if you want to stay at a true 5 star resort.... The "Royal" resort is right next door and cost 1,000 bucks extra per week. Also, "La Blanc" is near by and is about 2,000 extra per week. These are true 5 star resorts so if thats what you want, drop the extra money and stop the complaining. For the price of this resort, it's a no brainer. Some people want everything for nothing.... My wife figured it cost us about 200.00 per night for the upgraded room, food and all you can drink... Seriously... You can beat that.

I would return for sure... It would be nice to have pool service and a couple more eating options so I do agree with other reviews that stated that. Oh, and a shout out to Gustavo.... He's a stud and the wives thought he was hot... LOL!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Royal Tower suites.
4  Thank Thor1164
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just returned on the 18th from this resort. All previous reviews here are accurate. Service staff were really great, as was the food on the buffet and a la cart. We learned quick to get your towel on a recliner chair by the pool cause they go quickly first thing in the morning. As this was our first trip to cancun, i was advised about the time share people and told to just keep walking if not interested. What I was not prepared for was that the time share peeps were folks working at the resort walking the main hallway luring you with "did you get your free perks yet". The first three days I've had a different person each time approach me, getting to know me, asking about my trip then asking if I recieved my special promotion or did I get my free wifi and gym pass, 100 off any excursion, join the breakfast club etc.. I was sick of it and they still kept pestering me with cards in my doorjamb reminding me to meet them at the front desk. They just didn't get, not interested. This is a decent resort for the price you pay but those people sour your mood. We stayed in the main tower on the botton floor. Our room was right across the elevators going up the tower to the upper floors. From my honest experience, believe me, ask for another room. I was awoken one to two times per night from the partiers, first around midnight then from two to three in the morning from peeps coming back from the night clubs. Voices just echo and resonate from the elevator area and most everyone is louder then normal. At first I thought it was only occasionaly this would happen, but it happened every night! It was too late to change rooms later in the week. Music by the pool was all hip hop type boom boom dance music. Looking around the pool was alot of middle aged peeps and I know they, as I, would have appreciated a little more variety. The entertainment staff did a pretty good job getting people off their chairs and provided a little something at night before they took those who wanted to, off to the nightclubs. After 10pm,,,, your out of luck for anything exciting to happen. The lobby bar and Ekinox lounge were the only things happening. The ekinox played easy listening lounge type music and the lobby bar played a silly oceanscape video on the flatscreen that repeated over and over. A little music here would have been really nice. This hotel is located very well, between the flea markets area to the north and shopping plazas to the south, all within walking distance. If I come again, I may chose the playa del carmen area to be closer to the attractions for my kids.

Room Tip: stay away from the bottom floor elevator area right off the lobby
3  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here from Feb 11-18 and had an amazing time.

We got upgraded into the Premier Tower because the room that we booked was unavailable. The room had a great view of the water and we could see what was going on in the premier pool as well. The bathroom conveniently had two sinks as well as an amazing shower. The only problem with the shower was that the door was made of clear glass, compromising on privacy.

Overall, the food was pretty good. The Italian restaurant is deffinately worth going to. We were not pleased with the Oriental. This may just be because we're used to very good Asian cuisine and our expectations were too high but our meal there was followed by a trip to the buffet. Luckily, the buffet food was delicious and we had most of our dinners there.

The entertainment staff is wonderful, especially Monique, Carlos, and Gustavo. They always had something going on so it was difficult to be bored. When not in the mood to be super active, the premier pool always has the option of playing board games or making bracelets.

The main pool is very active and noisy because of the entertainment but it is still possible to lie back and read a book. The premier pool is a lot more quiet and relaxing. The beach is one of the best assets of the resort. The water is clear and beautiful and the waves are a lot of fun.

The resort was very clean and all of the staff was very friendly.

Overall, we had a great trip. The hotel was very clean and we lucked out with the weather. We would deffinately come back here for another stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SofiyaB
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Our group of 12 just returned from this hotel. Every single person had such a wonderful time and can't speak highly enough of the resort. The grounds and hotel are impeccably clean, we saw people cleaning from sun up til late into the evening. The drinks were cold, the food was awesome! The buffets had enough variety to satisfy everyone's tastes. The snacks bars during the day were perfect to keep your stomach full :) The chefs even cooked the fish our group had caught on the deep sea fishing trip. The activities staff kept us laughing and entertained all day and all evening long. Diego, Gustavo, Benjamin, Carlos, and Monique made sure everyone was having a great time all day long! When you wanted a more quiet afternoon you could always lay by the premier pool and Casanova would mix up great drinks for you! Our only suggestion would be softer beds, free wi-fi, and maybe another specialty restaurant. We would all return to this resort in a heartbeat!

2  Thank steinesy