“Amazing diving experience!!”

Manta Divers Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Established in 1993, we are an American owned and operated PADI 5 Star Dive Center. We have a large selection of rental equipment as well as a compressor. We cater more towards smaller dive parties taking anywhere from 2-11 divers per boat per trip. We do NOT operate CATTLE BOATS. We want you to feel like you're part of the family. If you would like to see our shop, equipment and boats please visit us on the Manta Divers Facebook page or on our website (please see links below). Our dive shop is conveniently located at the Marina Del Rey, km 16 of the hotel zone (Kukulcan Blvd.). We are on the lagoon side, just across the street from the Grand/Pyramid Oasis hotel. Manta Divers offers a diverse choice of incredible dive sites which are unique to the rich waters of Cancun. The Caribbean is home to the world’s second largest barrier reef, with an over abundance of colorful marine life in crystal clear water. It's like diving in an aquarium!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My sister and I went (15 yrs old) on our first ever dive and it was a blast! We had an amazing dive instructor who was incredibly helpful and pointed out some awesome fish! Would definitely recommend!!

1  Thank lyndseygoldwyn
in 12 reviews
"the reefs"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I'm a certified diver and my two kids(ages 13, 15) wanted to try it before spending all the time/money getting certified.
Our dive master, Rob was create. He spent about 45 minutes going over the equipment with the kids. They then spent 30 minutes in the pool. It was cold so when he offers a wet suit, take it. Rob was very easy going and did very well explaining and demonstrating all the skills needed.
We had a quick lunch and headed out to do 2 dives. Unfortunately, once we got out of the lagoon, it was rough seas. By the time my Daughter got to the dive site, she was a little sea sick. Rob spent 15 minutes with her trying to help her on the first dive, just wasn't going to happen. They helped her back into the boat and we finished the first dive. The museum dive was fine. Nothing extraordinary. Some sunken statues and other items, not a lot of fish or sea life.
The second dive was at the reef. Since you daughter still was not feeling well, the first mate took her snorkeling for a little while so she could see some fish. The reef was a better dive lots of colorful fish, coral, fans, etc... My son loved it. Rob constantly checked on the dives and pointed out different fish.

I would highly recommend Manta Divers in Cancun for diving. The discover diving locations are perfect for beginners. They get to see some stuff at a depth of 20-30 feet.

1  Thank rgenemiller
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

From online reservations to them contacting and confirming our schedule was very professional. When we arrived for our first dive we were greeted by a wonderful and kind lady who made us feel very welcome and not rushed. The predive meeting was giving by Rob our dive master who make everyone , even those who limited experience at ease and very comfortable. They even assisted in assembly of gear and loaded it on the boat for us. The boat ride to the dive sights had much scenario and was pleasant. The first mate assisted each one of us with putting on our gear and helping us in. The dive master showed us many things on our dive . When returning to the boat , the first mate had us take off our gear and he pulled it in for us making it easier to climb the ladder on to the boat
From the time we arrived until the time we sadly had to leave for the day, it was a great experience that should be experienced by everyone.

1  Thank Greg M
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Did a refresher course and 2 dives with Stef last weekend, had a great time and always felt safe. Weather was not the best, so had to reschedule the dives from Saturday to Monday, but Alex was very accommodating, offering to refund or reschedule based on my travel plans. During the dives Stef went out of his way pointing out various fish and other sea life, using a slate to write out the names. Would definitely dive with them again.

2  Thank Don C
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I tried to get my advance open water with them, after agreeing to multiples changes in my schedule at the end i wouldn’t give me my certificate because my deep dive was missing. The owner is not very pleasant to dive with. Although the rest of the staff was pretty good. This might be a good dice shop for a discover dive but I’m sure cancun has more professional dive shop to het certified

1  Thank Alvaromextam8
MantaDiversCancun, General Manager at Manta Divers Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Alvaro,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
However I am surprised you didn’t say why you couldn’t do your deep dive, and why we had to change your schedule:

You were staying for a total of only 3 days in Cancun, and were supposed to dive the 3 days. Unfortunately, we knew the third day would be extremely windy and it wouldn’t be possible for us to go out, as the harbormasters close the port from 18 mph wind.
That’s why we had to change your schedule (only once, and with your agreement) in order for you to be able to do 4 dives on the second day, as we like to plan things ahead.

The second day you were supposed to do the deep dive in the morning. The deeper dive sites being in the open ocean, if if is too windy and too choppy, it is always a possibility (like for any other dive operation) that we can’t do it.
On that morning the captain decided, after trying to reach the dive site, that it was too dangerous to do it, so we had to do shallower dives, in a protected area, in order for us to insure your safety, and the safety of the other divers on the boat.

We try to do our best to accommodate every diver, however, we do not control the water conditions and the weather.

Safety is our number ONE priority, and I prefer a million time to get a bad review because we did our job right than having one because we took inconsiderate risks, and had an accident.

Your are correct, you can’t be certified as an advanced diver if you didn’t complete your deep dive unfortunately, as the purpose of being an advanced open water diver is to be able to go to 90 feet, if you didn’t do the training dive for it, we are not allowed to credit your certification.
We explained it to you, and we gave you a referral form from PADI, which proves that you did 4 training dives, and that you are missing your deep dive to be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver. As stated before you left this referral is valid in ANY PADI dive center worldwide as long as you complete your deep dive within a year. We also offered you to complete it with us for free if you would come back in Cancun.

About the owner… he doesn’t dive so I’m not sure who you are talking about.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write us a review, and we hope you’ll give us another try !

Best regards,