USD 519
Hyatt.com
USD 347
USD 310
  • Pool
The Royal Cancun All Suites Resort(Cancun)(Great Value!)
USD 11
USD 246
USD 226
  • Pool
All reviewsferry to isla mujeresplace to stayhotel zonegraciasanafacilitiesmexico
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was surprised by how nice the suite room is at such an affordable price. The same, if not better than a mid-tier hotel. The lady that runs the place is super friendly. Location is perfect for day trips to Isla Mujeres, or if you need to stay a night before checking into a resort.

Room Tip: I recommend the suite room on the main floor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were on a girls trip. We arrived at our hotel realizing that our hotel reservations were for 2 days after we arrived.... bummer! I immediately headed to Trip Advisor to find a hotel and came across this little gem! I'm so glad we called. Alex was more then happy to help us. He was so accommodating from the phone call all the way to check out. He also showed us some of the local places in the neighborhood to get food. This hostel is very well kept, they have a beautiful patio and it is centrally located in the city, next to lots of restaurants and clubs. We felt totally safe and Alex was very helpful and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this for anyone traveling on a budget or anyone who wants a true cultural experience. Thank you Alex you were amazing!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tanisha F
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

When I look back to my traveling in Cancun, I always remember and miss this place so bad. Yes, I'm in love with here. Actually I had been staying here's one of the dormitory room for approximately 3 weeks last November too though, I totally enjoyed the moment in this fabulous hostel with other stayers and 2 ladies managing this place. Not only entire facility but also a room I was using were alway kept clean, breakfast much more gorgeous and descent than any other hostel in Cancun. In addition, people working here are super chill. Especially the owners are so helpful to anyone. The most thing I would like to recommend is chilling out on rooftop over Mexican beer on hammock. Moreover there is a nice grill available and people can feel free to use it for BBQ. If you need some advise about tours, They would suggest fantastic adventures.
Enjoy your traveling with the mermaid hostel!!!! Buen dia!!!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I was absolutely delighted with my stay at this hostel. It is kept exceptionally clean and tidy with very good facilities. Such as, good wifi, nice rooms and decent showers/bathrooms. The staff are wonderful and even pulled out all the stops to help me with a passport issue that had nothing to do with the hostel. It is also perfectly located, in a quiet and pleasant neighborhood, a minute from a tranquil beach. Being just outside the busy areas it is also a great place to relax. Especially on the roof-top terrace overlooking the beach and the sea. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Quiet dorm rooms privates also available
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2017

A friend and I stayed at Mermaid back in January. We had booked two nights, and they went fine. Breakfast was basic but ok. Room was clean-ish, no real problems, but I will say the location is not great. Punta Sam is a great spot to be if you're heading over to Isla Mujeres in the morning, but if you want to spend time in Cancun, this hostel isn't in the best spot. The beach in front is not very nice (more of a fishing beach) and to get anywhere you're either taking the bus, or a taxi, every time.
The issue came when we wanted to stay for another night, past our two we had booked. We asked Tanya(?) in the morning and she said no problem, but we'd have to change rooms. No problem, we paid, put our bags in the office and headed out for the day. When we got back (almost 10pm) we asked where we were staying and she told us she actually didn't have room. She could've easily emailed or called us and we'd have made other arrangements. We then asked if she recommended anywhere nearby and no, nothing, but she was trying to organize something and if her last checkins did not show up, we could have their beds. So we waited, and at midnight we'd had enough and wanted to leave, but were a bit desperate. Not wanting to take a taxi into downtown Cancun, we asked if we could stay on the roof in the hammocks (it was only one night as we were leaving in the morning) She said fine and offered us half our money back. Bit of a rip off but we were tired and it had been a long day so we headed up.
The issue came around 3am when Patrick (another employee) was showing new guests around the hostel. He came up to the roof and began explaining all about the city, talking loudly, sitting down and drinking beer 5 feet from the hammocks we had PAID to be sleeping in. I politely asked them to go downstairs (there is a common area on the main floor) and they refused, keep drinking. It was so rude and really not a way to treat your guests. I know it's a common space, but given the circumstance this shouldn't have happened.
It was their mistake and I think it could've been handled better. Also, don't sleep in the hammocks, it was freaking cold at night even with a sleeping bag haha.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends