“Location has closed down”
Review of Chocolate City - CLOSED

Chocolate City
Price range: USD 16 - USD 26
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I don't know why nobody has updated this since FEBRUARY...but it's August now.
Many people will be going to La Isla thinking they're going to eat at Chocolate City, only to find it doesn't exist anymore.

IT IS CLOSED! CLOSED, i repeat! And from what I know, I don't think it is anywhere else at the moment in Cancun. Maybe I'm wrong.

Some info: Chocolate City used to be in Kukulkan mall but shortly after 2009, Kukulkan went through severe renovations, closing down the upstairs Chocolate City location, as well as the bowling alley that was directly below it.
Chocolate City then apparently relocated to La Isla Mall in 2010, and was there until February of this year, according to reviews on here. I don't know why it shut down or if there was any warning/heads up. A Mexican local at La Isla said that it was going to be moving back to Kukulkan mall again in late 2014, but I have yet to see this happening. My personal guess is Chocolate City went under rather quickly, too fast to let anyone know that it was closing. Perhaps permanently.

3  Thank Lola H

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We've been here a couple of times and always feel that we paid too much for simply decent food. The stuffed shimp is the best thing they offer. The desserts ARE good, but we would compare them to the dishes you can get at Applebee's or Chili's in the States. The atmosphere is great though, beautifully decorated and fun to see.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stopped in here and got some icecream.

It was not great and it was expensive. I would not go back. Perhaps if we bought some chocolate I would feel differently.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a place that your dentist loves - but what the heck - you're on vacation. In the mall at La Isla it is a good place to pick up some treats. We bought some of a couple of types of chocolate and some as gifts. The chocolate fountain is pretty cool.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Chocolate City has a great atmosphere and the food was good. It was a great place to hangout and people watch also. Cant remember what we ordered but everyone was happy with the meal.