“Argentinean Style Restaurant”

Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2017

First thing to note is that we would say this is an Argentinean 'Styled' restaurant for readers looking to go here.

Having talked to who seemed to be the main 'front of house' person the day before our expectations were already set that this was an Argentinean Style restaurant in Mexico serving Canadian sourced Angus Beef (because Canadian beef was cheaper than Argentinean beef and perhaps Mexican beef?).

We had the Bife Chorizo steak which was large, tender and had good favour with the expected hint of salt you get with Argentinean steak. Steak prices did seem expensive compared to other countries (including Argentina) that we have been to in the last 7 months however these prices may be the norm in Mexico as this was our first steak in the country.

The wine list was good although somewhat pricey but we found a nice lower priced Chilean Carmanere wine which went well.

The service was very attentative and un-intrusive which we liked.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Really good food, nice staff, located near the main plaza.
We had tuna steak and lomo argentino, both perfectly prepared, it was delicious!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I don't usually seek out steakhouses in Mexico. It is very difficult to find good meat. This restaurant had a nice selection of steaks which they present to you on a giant platter and describe each cut. The steaks were good but I'm still searching for a really good steak in Mexico. My wife's steak had some very tough stringy things on one side of it. They were very difficult to cut and were not edible.
The service is very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I wanted good steak and that is what I found.
They have a good array of meat and lots of other things in the menu
The empanadas are great with good sauces on the side. Chimichurri and of course Mexican spicy sauces
The service was very good the waiters rest to help when needed
My glass of wine was very generous
My fries where not good. Seemed to be soaking in oil but the salad was well seasoned.
The only thing I didn't like was the Alfajor. I was expecting the one without chocolate. A soft, crumble in your mouth cookie with dulce de Leche inside. I got the one covered in chocolate , cold , with rancid tasting chocolate and scarcely any dulce de Leche. I complained about it, offered to pay for it but I wasn't charged for it.
Except that and the fries I would always recommend this place.
We also had salmon with a big amount of mushroom sauce , plenty of veggies and rice.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Great steak and service was excellent. Nice change from standard mex stuff. Better than most Aussie steak houses for sure.Good sauces to accompany as well.