All reviews nice hotel a great stay the main square perfect location stayed here for nights street mexico
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Pros:
- location is great, in front of the main square, so it was very close to all shops and restaurants. It wasn't noisy as it was other reviews, but maybe because my room was at the back of the hotel
- staff was friendly and helpful
- hotel decor is nice
- nice shower, but it takes a while for the water to warm up

Cons:
- there is no aircon or fan in the room, and the window opened to the corridor, so couldn't really leave it open as there would be no privacy
- internet was very slow in the room

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 9 nights and not once did we have a problem. Yeah, the staff is not the most friendly, specially the front desk, but when needed something they took care of it and for the most part they stay out of your way. We had extremely clean room everyday. It took a day or so to get use to open window and no a/c, but a fan did the trick and it was a great stay. Didn't really eat there, but since this place has an excellent location there are so many restaurants within walking distance that didn't try their food. My spouse is very picky about cleanliness and if we stayed here for 9 nights it tells you great things about housekeeping staff and did I mention location, location,location...for the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I was very disappointed with this hotel. We stayed 2 nights in different occasions but we book them at the same time. We checked in on a Wednesday to spend the night. The room was old and dark. The bathroom was not 100% clean (there was an old soap and shampoo bottle in the bathroom, which makes me question the cleanness of the place). Our second night was on a Saturday. They put us in a newer nicer room. However, wifi was not working. They told us the wifi signal was poor that day (which was an excuse because the Internet never worked properly any of the nights we stayed in the hotel).
The only good thing this hotel has going on is the location and that it offers free parking.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Cannot recommend this more highly This building is right next to the main square and has been beautifully converted. The décor is muted and tasteful, the ambience quiet, room service and reception are very helpful and the restaurant is good value when you want something nice away from the street hustlers. Wi-Fi is a bit patchy but staff will give you updated passwords (and new ones when more than one person requires access). We were so pleased with this that we booked on the return journey.

Room Tip: choose rooms away from air conditioners and away from the main square
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2016

First of all, the reception people are quite unfriendly. I checked in on Tuesday 11th October and the woman at reception (I think her name was something like Marakeet.. can't remember) and I had my guide with me and not once did she look at me. A friendly hi would have been nice. Maybe this is a cultural thing but I do expect hotel staff at the reception to speak some English. This lady couldn't speak a word of it. Shocking. Hotel staff primarily serve tourists. Therefore I believe some English is required.

The most horrific aspect though, completely unforgivable was this. As I closed the door to my room, I noticed tissue (toilet tissue) stuffed in some holes in the front door. Yes, that's right. I then noticed this hotel decided that instead of fixing defects in the walls and in the door, they would stuff tissue in the holes to fill the gap. I looked around the walls and the door and I found countless tissues stuffed inside the gaps. Really, what the heck is this?? I would really like an answer from the hotel because this is totally unforgivable and there is no excuse. What sort of hotel goes and stuffs toilet tissue to fill gaps in the door and walls instead of fixing it???

I took the tissue out of the door gap and there was this hole there. Anyone could look into my room and see everything. I could look out and see the housekeeper. This was ridiculous. Insects could get in and more concerning, this compromises my own safety and privacy. I have attached pictures of what I am talking about. Horrible and I would never stay here again. It looks nice from the outside but for a hotel to go and stuff tissues to fill gaps in the doors and walls, I have no words. Truly deplorable.

Room Tip: Just don't book here
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo