All reviews nice hotel a great stay the main square perfect location stayed here for nights street mexico
Reviewed 25 October 2016

First of all, the reception people are quite unfriendly. I checked in on Tuesday 11th October and the woman at reception (I think her name was something like Marakeet.. can't remember) and I had my guide with me and not once did she look at me. A friendly hi would have been nice. Maybe this is a cultural thing but I do expect hotel staff at the reception to speak some English. This lady couldn't speak a word of it. Shocking. Hotel staff primarily serve tourists. Therefore I believe some English is required.

The most horrific aspect though, completely unforgivable was this. As I closed the door to my room, I noticed tissue (toilet tissue) stuffed in some holes in the front door. Yes, that's right. I then noticed this hotel decided that instead of fixing defects in the walls and in the door, they would stuff tissue in the holes to fill the gap. I looked around the walls and the door and I found countless tissues stuffed inside the gaps. Really, what the heck is this?? I would really like an answer from the hotel because this is totally unforgivable and there is no excuse. What sort of hotel goes and stuffs toilet tissue to fill gaps in the door and walls instead of fixing it???

I took the tissue out of the door gap and there was this hole there. Anyone could look into my room and see everything. I could look out and see the housekeeper. This was ridiculous. Insects could get in and more concerning, this compromises my own safety and privacy. I have attached pictures of what I am talking about. Horrible and I would never stay here again. It looks nice from the outside but for a hotel to go and stuff tissues to fill gaps in the doors and walls, I have no words. Truly deplorable.

Room Tip: Just don't book here
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

U will not have a better location, belive me, its just in front of the park, and at 50 meters of the catedral, just perfect for going to the bars and walk around. The hotel is beautiful, and with modern bedrooms. Parking is included. Be sure to book with " breakfast included " cause its very good. Ask for rooms with view to the street in the 3rd floor.
Service was excellent. I will stay in this hotel the next time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is right in the center of town. All the staff was great and everyone is super friendly. The restaurant serves great food for breakfast and dinner. My wife and I were very happy with our hotel, the location and all the staff. We definitely recommen this hotel to anyone who wants to visit SCDLC and wants to be right at the heart of town.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Hotel is not as nice as in the picture. Our room is small, no chair, no table, 3rd floor, no elevator, paid too much for it. We stayed one extra day, won't allowed to pay the same rate, charged 34% more than the 2 previous days. The food is so so for the price was charged.

Room Tip: No elevator to get to the higher floors.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sclcasas
Reviewed 10 February 2016

This beautiful hotel located on the central square in the historic section of the city. We had a front balcony room overlooking the square. The room was large with 15' ceilings and a fine bathroom. Beds were comfortable but a bit hard. Lots of comforters were an the bed because it is quite cold in the mountains in February. We stayed two nights and recommend this hotel. A little noisy at night.

Room Tip: Front balcony room.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple