See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Rustic hotel 10 minutes away from the city center. Unexpected and tasteful countryside environment, free Wi-Fi (mainly in the lobby / restaurant area), good buffet breakfast, quite cold rooms during the night in December (however probably none of the San Cristobal hotels is offering any heating), shower head provided with extremely thin / unpleasant water flow. Beautiful city center, nice restaurants and bars, nice market with cheap but good quality handicraft.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

A friend and I stayed here one night after backpacking through Guatemala. We arrived in San Cristobal de las Casas around 11pm without a place to stay. We were fortunate enough to come across this hotel. As soon as we arrived the staff was friendly and welcoming. We even managed to get a free breakfast in the morning. It was extremely comfortable, clean, and provided the calm, quiet atmosphere I needed to rest after a week long trip through Guatemala. I would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Claud34
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Very good rate, friendly staff, very clean and nice rooms. A few blocks away drom the main square.
Good Value for Money!!

1  Thank RoZamora
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I've stayed here on four different occasions and on three of those stays I was kept up beyond 3:00am due to the building next door which is rented out, on an almost daily basis for private parties. The hotel is very nice and clean the food is great, but the real problem is it's location. It's a few blocks from the center which is a little inconvenient, but it's the neighbors that are the real deal killer.

Mexico has no concept of noise ordinances, so music is played at incredible decibels (my windows were literally being rattled) until all hours of the night. By law they can play until 2am, so calling the police will not make any difference (which we did). The hotel has no control over what the building next door does, the staff is completely incapable of doing anything about the problem. You might think that perhaps things would be better on a weekday, but it's not. We have stayed there on a weekday thinking that there wouldn't be a problem, but there was. It's really too bad because it's a nice facility, but due to noise I'd caution anyone who is considering staying there.

There's a reason why they always have rooms available.

Date of stay: December 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2009

My family and me went to celebrate the 2009 family reunion and stayed in this Hotel supposed to rest and have fun. But the hotel administration look like do not care about travelers rest. On weekends they planned events that last after midnight (3 - 4am) with very loud music that does not allow travelers to sleep. This happened the 2 weekends that my family and I stayed at this hotel. Beawere of this before you make any reservation!!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2009