See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2011

A friend and I stayed here one night after backpacking through Guatemala. We arrived in San Cristobal de las Casas around 11pm without a place to stay. We were fortunate enough to come across this hotel. As soon as we arrived the staff was friendly and welcoming. We even managed to get a free breakfast in the morning. It was extremely comfortable, clean, and provided the calm, quiet atmosphere I needed to rest after a week long trip through Guatemala. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claud34
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Very good rate, friendly staff, very clean and nice rooms. A few blocks away drom the main square.
Good Value for Money!!

1  Thank RoZamora
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I've stayed here on four different occasions and on three of those stays I was kept up beyond 3:00am due to the building next door which is rented out, on an almost daily basis for private parties. The hotel is very nice and clean the food is great, but the real problem is it's location. It's a few blocks from the center which is a little inconvenient, but it's the neighbors that are the real deal killer.

Mexico has no concept of noise ordinances, so music is played at incredible decibels (my windows were literally being rattled) until all hours of the night. By law they can play until 2am, so calling the police will not make any difference (which we did). The hotel has no control over what the building next door does, the staff is completely incapable of doing anything about the problem. You might think that perhaps things would be better on a weekday, but it's not. We have stayed there on a weekday thinking that there wouldn't be a problem, but there was. It's really too bad because it's a nice facility, but due to noise I'd caution anyone who is considering staying there.

There's a reason why they always have rooms available.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2009

My family and me went to celebrate the 2009 family reunion and stayed in this Hotel supposed to rest and have fun. But the hotel administration look like do not care about travelers rest. On weekends they planned events that last after midnight (3 - 4am) with very loud music that does not allow travelers to sleep. This happened the 2 weekends that my family and I stayed at this hotel. Beawere of this before you make any reservation!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Our family of 18 stayed at this small and intimate hotel for 6 nights in July. We had made prior arrangements for most of our meals to be taken at the Hotel. The food was high quality and the staff very friendly. Our problem began when the owner rented out the entire hotel dining room for a party on Saturday afternoon and also rented out the hotels conference room for a late night quincenera party that began at 8:00PM and did not end untill 2:00AM. Sunday morning. Our group had to suddenly make other arrangements to eat both lunch and dinner because the hotels dining room was taken over by the private party. To make matters worse the noise from the other late night party prevented us from sleeping. We had paid for the hotel beforehand and our group felt the owner had evicted us from the hotel. It is a shame because the hotel is clean and nicely appointed. My advice is to avoid the weekends because what is otherwise a quiet and intimate hotel becomes a party place full of musical groups and immature teenagers drinking and partying into the wee hours of the morning. Spring break San Cristobal.

• Stayed: July 2009