“Great tacos!”
Review of Tacos Roy

Tacos Roy
Ranked #108 of 588 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Some of the nicest tacos we had in Mexico in a simple but comfortable restaurant which also served beer and dessert. The food came with lovely garnishes and salsa. I highly recommend the tacos pastor con queso!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 8 July 2018

this place serves very good and tasty local food, which does not cost much and is fresh, you can also enjoy a cold beer to your food

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We both liked our tacos and the cups of salsa and fix'ns were fresh and clean.

The abuelita that served us made certain that we knew their hours so that we would return. Nice touch that you don't get very often.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

A guy at the hostel recommends everyone to go here and I understand why, it was so delicious.
One of the best meals I’ve had in Mexico.
It was cheap, the people were nice and the food is great.
Just give it a go!
Roy will love ya for it.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 15 December 2017

My wife and I arrived in Oaxaca at 9pm so our hotel guy told us to go here for a late bite, as it was only a few blocks from the hotel. This is a no-nonsense taqueria, and I asked the young man what they are known for and he didn't hesitate: tacos de vapor (steam-cooked tacos). They were delicious, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her bowl of pozole. We had a very satisfying meal for only $10US.

Date of visit: November 2017