“Delicious food in a nicely decorated restaurant with fantastic service!”

Los Danzantes Oaxaca
Reserve with OpenTable
Los Danzantes Oaxaca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 590 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Los Danzantes Oaxaca is a complete experience for all the senses: food, mezcal, service, decoration, ambience and music join to get that result. Traditional with a touch of nouveau ceeating a relaxing environment perfect to enjoy a unique meal! (A customer).
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My partner and I went for lunch and we were not disappointed. We had already been to the sister restaurant in Coyoacan which was also very good so we had high expectations. We ordered a delicious chile relleno starter. My partner's mole main dish was excellent and my mushroom stuffed chicken dish was pretty good although the chicken was a bit dry. The strawberry chessecake was very good. The only negative for the meal was the coffee. Oaxaca produces coffee and so it was a bit of a surprise to get served poor tasting coffee. The waiter we had was absolutely charming. We also loved sitting in the courtyard. The background music was also very pleasant. The meal was pretty good value. I would highly recommend this restaurant and I reckon it's one of the best in Oaxaca city.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,720)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The ambiance is elegant, appropriate for a quiet meal or romantic encounter. There was a guitarist singing Italian songs - very pleasant. One downside, in a way, is that just about everyone dining was a foreign tourist (like me), I guess because of the prices. They were high for Oaxaca, but not for the U.S. - we spent perhaps $30 to 35 per person, with a glass or two of wine and a shared dessert.
Menu is very interesting; plenty of Oaxaca choices. Wine list was surprising - all Mexican wines (I'd never heard of these), but it was very good; I would order it again. I would definitely return for a special occasion.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
High class place with great atmosphere. Serving local recipes that are very traditional.
Chile Relleno stuffed with Mushrooms and Grashoppers
Bread and Salsa
$700MXN

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We worked our way thru a couple of great shopping opportunities as we worked our way back to Los Danzantes. You’ll see Monte Alban Gold on the street; the next shop is Los Baúles, a wonderful textile shop where all 4 of us bought at least one blouse/shirt! Moving thru the arcade you’ll reach Los Danzantes. It took me a couple of minutes to realize I was sitting in a courtyard under the open air with star filled sky above. The food was fresh and elegant, the atmosphere fresh and starfilled— I think it’s a great place to spend an evening under the Southern stars.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best meals we had in Oaxaca. We had a long leisurely lunch. We felt welcome and we left stuffed with great food. Highly recommend.